Page 189 of 233 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179184185186187188189190191192193194 199 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 4649
    Let them get the bugs out of it first:

Flash kills browsing in Android 2.2 Froyo
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Let them get the bugs out of it first:

Flash kills browsing in Android 2.2 Froyo

Good post... hopefully people watch this and understand why it's taking so long to be released. Unless they offer a way to turn it off for standard browsing it will totally kill the smooth experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Good post... hopefully people watch this and understand why it's taking so long to be released. Unless they offer a way to turn it off for standard browsing it will totally kill the smooth experience.
    Android has that built in. You set the browser Flash setting to "On Demand", and then it only gives you symbols by default for Flash files. Tapping anyone will then render the symbol.

Problem solved. And that's with the beta which isn't fully hardware-accelerated yet.

All of these people brushing this off with "Well, i don't need Flash on my device" make me laugh. I don't NEED it either. It's simply another option that's nice to have when you want it.
    I agree... I don't 'need' it per say, but it will be a very nice addition to the experience! I'm looking forward to it, but I'm certainly not going to be upset if it keeps getting bumped back.
    I want the flash on my phone. Wish adobe announce something about pre so I don't have to wonder rather it's going to happen on my pre or not. And where is Skype on Pre? I really need this program more than anything.
    Little off topic..but what if Adobe had bought Palm????
    Quote Originally Posted by darkzone View Post
    Little off topic..but what if Adobe had bought Palm????
    They'd have locked down Homebrew faster than you can say Chrome. But there was never ever a chance of them wanting it. They have way too much forward motion in developing their own Android to look at purchasing another OS.

Anyhoo... is flash here yet?
    Flash is dying. Too little, too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    Just because Steve Job said Flash is dying, doesn't really mean it's going to die. Flash will live for long time, well it will live longer than before I upgrade to better smartphone atleast, hopely Pre2.
    When we get it great, one more thing I will be able to brag about to iPhone/iPad users.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Just because Steve Job said Flash is dying, doesn't really mean it's going to die. Flash will live for long time, well it will live longer than before I upgrade to better smartphone atleast, hopely Pre2.
    I dont say that because Steve did. I say it because I'm seeing less and less flash on my PC and the fact that adobe keeps making empty promises and can't deliver a product.
    I agree i would like to have it for bragging rites...
    You can't brag to most IPhone/IPad users. They all worship Jobs, so you tell them that you have flash on your phone and they'll just take that as proof that they're superior.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    It'll be a slow death with no version of IE supporting HTML5 any time soon...
    So i went over to Adobe forums here is latest post i found :

Adobe Forums: WebOS Flash?

In a nutshell: We are discussing this with Palm, but do not as yet have a clear committed timeframe for when FP10.1 will be available on WebOS.

Here is another one not that long in this one you can see they kinda blaming Palm:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2745963#2745963
    Attached Images Attached Images
    sounds like we are not getting the flash by first half of 2010.
    I want my flash P0RN dagnabit!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It's scheduled release is slated for the 1st half of 2010... and we aren't there yet.
    about 2 weeks untill we're in the second half...
    So then they have 2 weeks
    Actually, that would be six weeks, til the end of June.