Page 187 of 233 FirstFirst ... 87137177182183184185186187188189190191192197 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4649
  1. mpfef's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #3721  
    As it is, the battery has a hard enough time keeping up, so I doubt I'll even install Flash if/when it comes out. I don't care what Adobe says, it's definitely not going to HELP the battery life on the phone, which is by far the weakest point of the Pre/Pre+.
  2. #3722  
    The battery is the weakest part of EVERY smartphone , the typical drain on the average Pre is 1-2% . Not really that bad considering it is really a small computer and not a dumbphone.If you are complaining about more then 1-2% drain then you have ,A: a bad battery, or B: not folloing simple battery life conserving procedures. There a threads here which will show you how to save battery life.Or take the step and buy a 1300-1400 mah battery for between 30-45$,which alot of us have done.
  3. mpfef's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #3723  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcrose001 View Post
    The battery is the weakest part of EVERY smartphone ,
    Which is why IMO Flash has no business on ANY smartphone. I came from an iPhone 3GS -> Nexus One -> Pre+ and the iPhone was the best about battery conservation right out of the box, the Nexus One is a very capable phone but was hobbled by T-Mobile and the not-so-elegant Android OS. And I didn't say the battery life on the Pre+ is unacceptable, just weak. And coming from so many different phones, I can tell you that it is not as good as the iPhone and maybe on par with the Nexus One with respect to battery life.

    WebOS is by FAR the best combination of capability and polish among all the smartphone OS's. Flash is just one of those gimmick, check-in-the-box spec sheet differentiators IMO. Read the testimonials from those who've actually USED the Flash beta on the Nexus One, the thing heats up like nobody's business and it drains the battery. Adobe claims it's just a beta, and that it'll be better NEXT MONTH when they release the final, but how long have they been saying that?

    --Matt
  4. fubka's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    #3724  
    I don't think we are going to get it. We have not had anything since those preview videos a while back

    I find it difficult to believe that they had a beta / alpha working, but then stopped, but stranger things have happened...
  5. #3725  
    Quote Originally Posted by fubka View Post
    I don't think we are going to get it. We have not had anything since those preview videos a while back

    I find it difficult to believe that they had a beta / alpha working, but then stopped, but stranger things have happened...
    I think you may be onto something there!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
  6. #3726  
    yeah since the last Pre beta video they created seems like they only care for Android.
  7. #3727  
    Froyo for the nexus one (android 2.2) has been pushed late last night...

    I need to do more reading, but doesn't the 2.2 update have flash?

    seems android is first to the market.

    Palm Pre had the best device at CTIA and now we get it later/last.

    what shame
  8. bigdc666's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #3728  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    source these rumors please, even just the "rumor" part, your uncle or a friends cousins brother DO NOT COUNT.

    flash lite has been available on phones for awhile, adobe is the maker and supplier, your beef belongs to them. Its on android... Bro your crying about getting ice cream tomorrow instead of tonight. Sure, it would have been nice to have it yesterday, but we don't. How about you enjoy some of the fantastic games available in the app catalog, and relax. Load the pr0n in MP4.
    I cant post links in my reply im to new of a user but the one about the new android phones not having flash is listed on the android central page under day two of the google conferance.

    The one stating that an adobe rep said flash would probably be in the next palm pre update is listed on: Palm pre hacks its the fourth article down.

    of course theres so many old articles claiming adoby flash would be on update 1.3 and 1.4.
  9. bigdc666's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #3729  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    Froyo for the nexus one (android 2.2) has been pushed late last night...

    I need to do more reading, but doesn't the 2.2 update have flash?

    seems android is first to the market.

    Palm Pre had the best device at CTIA and now we get it later/last.

    what shame
    The Nexus one and one other phone (i dont remember wich other phone but its for sure not the HTC EVO) are the only phones google says are backwards compatable with the 2.2 update and the other android phones will get the update by the end of the year. but cmon sprint android phones are still running 1.5!!! if 2.1 is almost a year late how long till the EVO im getting very skeptical
  10. #3730  
    A modicum of patience is in order. If Adobe wants flash to be on more than Android, the next place it will go is webOS, especially since they already had it running (though perhaps not well enough for a beta release).
  11. #3731  
    I still watch this video and cry a little inside.


    And to think this was just a few months ago.
  12. mpfef's Avatar
    Posts
    180 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #3732  
    2.2 doesn't *include* Flash 10.1, but it does *support* Flash 10.1. Also, Adobe is STILL in the beta stage on that as well, including all the stuff shown at Google I|O. Supposedly they're going to ship in June, but how long have we heard that story? Admittedly, it seems that they're closer than ever to actually shipping, but it's still not out there.
  13. dooksuks's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #3733  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdc666 View Post
    The Nexus one and one other phone (i dont remember wich other phone but its for sure not the HTC EVO) are the only phones google says are backwards compatable with the 2.2 update and the other android phones will get the update by the end of the year. but cmon sprint android phones are still running 1.5!!! if 2.1 is almost a year late how long till the EVO im getting very skeptical
    there is no android phone on sprint running 1.5. They are on 2.1
  14. #3734  
    Quote Originally Posted by fubka View Post
    I don't think we are going to get it. We have not had anything since those preview videos a while back

    I find it difficult to believe that they had a beta / alpha working, but then stopped, but stranger things have happened...
    You're new here, so you don't remember that - like others will - this is the EXACT same argument and complaint we heard over and over and over about getting games released for the Pre. There were a couple of videos leaked way ahead of time showing 3D games being played on the Pre, but nothing came out for a while. People were claiming the videos were fake, that Palm simply wouldn't/couldn't do gaming for WebOS yet... yada, yada, yada. All these complaint posts because no one had any patience at all and felt like they deserved everything 'now'.

    It's going to happen, perhaps not on the time-line everyone thinks they are entitled to... but it will definitely happen. Hold on... relax.. take a breath... and in the mean time... I'll by the room a drink (first round's on me).
  15. bigdc666's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #3735  
    Quote Originally Posted by dooksuks View Post
    there is no android phone on sprint running 1.5. They are on 2.1
    no their not. I own a Hero, and my wife has a Moment and I check for updates everyday.. Sprint says later this year for 2.1 updates. Preaty sure those are the only android phones on the sprint network.
  16. #3736  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdc666 View Post
    no their not. I own a Hero, and my wife has a Moment and I check for updates everyday.. Sprint says later this year for 2.1 updates. Preaty sure those are the only android phones on the sprint network.
    They are on 2.1. You have to manually do it on the computer or take it to the sprint store for them to upload it to the phone. Sprint said it would be to much strain on the network to have it over the air.
  17. #3737  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    They are on 2.1. You have to manually do it on the computer or take it to the sprint store for them to upload it to the phone. Sprint said it would be to much strain on the network to have it over the air.
    Kinda makes you appreciate WebOS updates, huh? heh heh
  18. bigdc666's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #3738  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    They are on 2.1. You have to manually do it on the computer or take it to the sprint store for them to upload it to the phone. Sprint said it would be to much strain on the network to have it over the air.
    really!? somehow i missed that. I live almost a hundred miles from a sprint store could you hook me up with a link i would really like to update those phones.
  19. #3739  
    wahh wahh wahhwaaaaahhhh, waaahh.

    That's all i understood from the OP's post.
  20. #3740  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdc666 View Post
    really!? somehow i missed that. I live almost a hundred miles from a sprint store could you hook me up with a link i would really like to update those phones.
    Heres the moment

    Support - Article

    Heres the hero

    Support - Article

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions