Page 186 of 233 FirstFirst ... 86136176181182183184185186187188189190191196 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 4649
    Sorry I missed those....my bad!!
    What about non-Android devices?

I think 600MHz+ class CPUs, 64MB RAM typically allocatred for browser usage, perhaps more. Things that would fall easiliy into the top half of smartphone. We'll try to refine further when we finish working on each OS.
    Flash will probably come for WebOS on the new Palm Pre which will have a 600MHz+ Class CPU. The current hardware specs of the Pre are too poor to handle Flash without consuming all system resources. 3D Gaming on the Pre is a good example. You have to reset your Pre or it will not work. The Palm Pre Plus will probably perform better, but still the CPU is not there.
    where is ours i bet itll come with webos 2.0
    I've given up on Flash at this point...I really don't care if it never comes to the Pre...just keep the apps coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    I don't mind waiting a extra week or two before it comes to WebOS. It is just a beta so its going to have some bugs and by the time we get it the number if bugs will hopefully drop.
    I bet all the ads work without any bugs.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 sisters View Post
    I bet all the ads work without any bugs.
    once again flash is inactive (at least in all the demos) until activated (by user) from browser and it opens in another window
    Also, here's something to think about. It's beta flash...REALLY beta. It's a beta OS version.

Beta+beta= less people b!tch!ng.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Flash will probably come for WebOS on the new Palm Pre which will have a 600MHz+ Class CPU. The current hardware specs of the Pre are too poor to handle Flash without consuming all system resources. 3D Gaming on the Pre is a good example. You have to reset your Pre or it will not work. The Palm Pre Plus will probably perform better, but still the CPU is not there.
    You still need to reset your Pre after installing/playing games? I haven't had to do that for a good month+ now. Also, there have been hands on videos of Flash running on the original Pre for a few months now and none I have seen show major chugging or random crashes like what you would expect from poor hardware.

600MHz Class CPU, I giggled about this since it is a stat coupled with a nonsense buzzword. CPU speed says nothing about the efficiency of a processor. That's why an Intel 1.8GHz Core processor outperforms 3.2GHz Pentium 4, efficiency. You get even better performance when you can compile something to be used on a specific closed hardware platform. That's why some games written for a PS3 or 360 can look and perform better than another platform.

It will be interesting to see who outperforms who with flash, WebOS or Android. I'd suspect most android phones will because of there newer processors, but Palm can let Adobe access lower level functions to increase code efficiency.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    I don't think I would use Flash much for games, but I WAS looking for an online photo-editing solution (instead of buying an app for that), and I came across a Flash site that had a "Browse" button. You know, the button that allows you to search for files on your computer.

My question is, what will happen if you hit that button on webOS or Android? Will it just give an error? Crash?

It seems to me that many Flash sites themselves are so PC-centric that most of them won't work properly, or that there's no way to translate them into a usable mobile format. What then?

I hope that makes sense.
    I don't expect it anytime soon. Android 2.2 'Froyo' beta hands-on: Flash 10.1, WiFi hotspots, and some killer benchmark scores -- Engadget

Battery and heat are also of concern: the pre-release beta we have, according to Adobe, lacks hardware acceleration. Ergo, our beloved handset got piping hot after about 30 minutes of heavy video watching, and the battery indicator in the upper right had a sizable dent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    I don't think I would use Flash much for games, but I WAS looking for an online photo-editing solution (instead of buying an app for that), and I came across a Flash site that had a "Browse" button. You know, the button that allows you to search for files on your computer.

My question is, what will happen if you hit that button on webOS or Android? Will it just give an error? Crash?

It seems to me that many Flash sites themselves are so PC-centric that most of them won't work properly, or that there's no way to translate them into a usable mobile format. What then?

I hope that makes sense.
    Flash would have to be connected to the OS-specific file api, which doesn't exist (yet?) for webOS. So that button probably wouldn't do anything for you. Although there is some kind of api for accessing media files (photos etc), so maybe that part would work.

I'm not completely sure, but I think part of the idea behind flash is that it is OS agnostic. So the flash client itself handles all the connections to the OS, and the flash app should work across multiple OSs. Of course, the OS has to have the functionality implemented in the first place.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    once again flash is inactive (at least in all the demos) until activated (by user) from browser and it opens in another window
    have you quick tapped a flash image lately? It used to show links and the blue lego thing. Now... It zooms right in like a pciture frame and just sits.. Double tap again and zooms back out. It only zooms the flash part. Don't think a new page will load.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    have you quick tapped a flash image lately? It used to show links and the blue lego thing. Now... It zooms right in like a pciture frame and just sits.. Double tap again and zooms back out. It only zooms the flash part. Don't think a new page will load.
    On all the demos it loads a new window.... also you have to remember, flash is an external app..... have you googled something then clicked the youtube link (or tapped on an embeded youtube video like on the precentral home page)? Youtube app pops up loading the clicked url. Between the demos and the way mobile flash is being rolled out (as an app download) there is zero reason to think it would function differently..... and even if it does, my response was to all the people that keep saying downloading the flash app would enable web based ads. Mobile flash is not designed to be constantly active like PC flash is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    wasn't the pre going to be the flash enabled phone before everyone else. I want my flash already, android can suck an egg.
    Whenever Adobe get ready to give the pre/plus flash... we all have forgotten about how to use flash..
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    None of the Android phones currently have 2.2.
    exactly what i was thinking.. froyo isnt even out yet.. thus flash beta isnt.. sooooooo no worries.. now, if froyo does get released with flash beta and webos still doesnt have it, i will be a little saddened
    Adobe just flashed us....
    their deal with Google.

Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    You've posted this in 3 threads I've seen so far. There is no new Palm Pre, and you don't know what processor this mythical device would have.
    Flash has been demoed running smoothly from what we can tell on the Pre a number of times, and it appears that it's still forthcoming. Clearly if Adobe had an opportunity to launch with Google, they'd do that. It makes sense.
    I see in your recent threads you've asked for people to stop trolling. Surely posting misinformation in numerous threads about a non-existent device just because we didn't get Flash before Android despite previous plans qualifies as just that?

Back on topic, hopefully Adobe has some more resources free to get Flash for webOS off the ground now that the Android beta's out there!
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Just kinda wondering if anyone else is ready to give up on Flash ever coming to the Palm Pre? I know there are rumers going around that "this is a decision by Palm" and rumers that "adobe is just really taking there time" "for sure in teh next update" "probably in the next update" I think im about ready to throw my hands up.... Palm is reaching the end of its life cycle and still no flash. Im so sick of being lied to. flash supposably was going to work on phones years ago..so what gives.

Ive found threads on phones going back to 2007 saying adobe flash comming soon!!! evan the Powerhouse HTC phones cant do it...an update later this year (yea right!!!) are we really going to keep falling for this..

what if adobe never plans to release flash on mobile devices!!! think about it almost every phone for the last couple years was supposed to get an update soon after launch to enable flash. But it never panned out. untill 3 days ago sprint.com had adobe flash player 10.1 listed as a feature on the HTC EVO. how many people pre-orderd that phone just based on that? And when the CEO of google was asked if any of the new android powerhouse phones would get an update allowing them to enable flash he responded "Most Likley probably in the second half of 2010" Most likley!!! probably!!!

So fast foward 2 years.....The Motorolla "whatever" is announced bosting 1400mhz duel core processor 2gigs of RAM, 1080p output USB input, ect. ect. and Duiring the press conferance were going to hear:

"...and will have a fully functional adobe flash player within weeks of the release date"

just kinda feels like a pattern. lemme know if anyone else is as frusterated as I am.
    You have to give it time.... they said 'first half of the year' and we haven't come to the end of that point. Who knows what the hold-up is, but it will be here sooner or later. Your worries are unfounded...Adobe has stated how important it is for them to move into the mobile realm. It will happen.

I see you are new here to the forums.. Welcome! There are a LOT of threads here discussing Flash for WebOS. Just search for "adobe" or "flash" and you can read up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdc666 View Post
    Just kinda wondering if anyone else is ready to give up on Flash ever coming to the Palm Pre? I know there are rumers going around that "this is a decision by Palm" and rumers that "adobe is just really taking there time" "for sure in teh next update" "probably in the next update" I think im about ready to throw my hands up.... Palm is reaching the end of its life cycle and still no flash. Im so sick of being lied to. flash supposably was going to work on phones years ago..so what gives.

Ive found threads on phones going back to 2007 saying adobe flash comming soon!!! evan the Powerhouse HTC phones cant do it...an update later this year (yea right!!!) are we really going to keep falling for this..

what if adobe never plans to release flash on mobile devices!!! think about it almost every phone for the last couple years was supposed to get an update soon after launch to enable flash. But it never panned out. untill 3 days ago sprint.com had adobe flash player 10.1 listed as a feature on the HTC EVO. how many people pre-orderd that phone just based on that? And when the CEO of google was asked if any of the new android powerhouse phones would get an update allowing them to enable flash he responded "Most Likley probably in the second half of 2010" Most likley!!! probably!!!

So fast foward 2 years.....The Motorolla "whatever" is announced bosting 1400mhz duel core processor 2gigs of RAM, 1080p output USB input, ect. ect. and Duiring the press conferance were going to hear:

"...and will have a fully functional adobe flash player within weeks of the release date"

just kinda feels like a pattern. lemme know if anyone else is as frusterated as I am.
    source these rumors please, even just the "rumor" part, your uncle or a friends cousins brother DO NOT COUNT.

flash lite has been available on phones for awhile, adobe is the maker and supplier, your beef belongs to them. Its on android... Bro your crying about getting ice cream tomorrow instead of tonight. Sure, it would have been nice to have it yesterday, but we don't. How about you enjoy some of the fantastic games available in the app catalog, and relax. Load the pr0n in MP4.