Page 185 of 233 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175180181182183184185186187188189190 195 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 4649
    Adobe, please announce for WebOS real soon!

From Phonescoop.com...

Today Adobe announced the availability of Flash Player 10.1 pre-beta for the Android platform. The new Flash Player reviewer beta works on devices running Android 2.2 Froyo and up. The player has been built into the browser, and allows web-based Flash content to play and work as it does on desktop browsers. According to Adobe, the player supports touch gestures, accelerometers, and smart-scaling to fill the screen with content as on a stand-alone player. Adobe contends that most sites with Flash should "just work" though it has compiled a list of Flash-optimized sites with which the player works best. Adobe said that the player has been optimized to work with most major platforms and chipsets, such as ARM, AMD, nVidia, Qualcomm, Marvel, Intel, Texas Instruments, and Freescale. It can decode H.264 video on the fly, and includes a number of power-saving features such as smart rendering and sleep mode. Adobe is offering Flash Player 10.1 as a public pre-beta starting this week. It requires Android 2.2, which Adobe claims will be available to the Nexus One and Motorola Droid "immediately," with other devices such as the HTC EVO, Incredible, Desire, and Motorola Milestone following in the coming months. Adobe expects Flash Player 10.1 to become generally available to the Android platform and laptops starting in June. It is working to bring Flash Player 10.1 to other mobile platforms, such as Windows Phone 7, webOS, BlackBerry and Symbian, but it did not provide a timeframe.

from Adobe
    maybe adobe is waiting for palm to release their next version of webOS
    im sure palm has something come very soon so maybe it's optimized for that version
    i don't know
    we can all speculate but we'll never know really lol
    Well the CPU is fine for the games. The big deal is the amount of memory on the original Pre. The reason why the Pre Plus runs better is that it has enough memory to keep 3D games open and do other tasks.

Since I overclocked my Pre I haven't seen an incredibly large difference in the performance. Apps open faster, but the phone still lags, comes out of sleep slowly (might need to doctor) and has random resets. I don't think these are related completely to the CPU speed.

But I agree that Flash will come out on the newest WebOS device (I think it will be a tablet before a phone).
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    To be blunt Android is the operating system with the most future
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    Adobe, please announce for WebOS real soon!

From Phonescoop.com...

Today Adobe announced the availability of Flash Player 10.1 pre-beta for the Android platform. The new Flash Player reviewer beta works on devices running Android 2.2 Froyo and up. The player has been built into the browser, and allows web-based Flash content to play and work as it does on desktop browsers. According to Adobe, the player supports touch gestures, accelerometers, and smart-scaling to fill the screen with content as on a stand-alone player. Adobe contends that most sites with Flash should "just work" though it has compiled a list of Flash-optimized sites with which the player works best. Adobe said that the player has been optimized to work with most major platforms and chipsets, such as ARM, AMD, nVidia, Qualcomm, Marvel, Intel, Texas Instruments, and Freescale. It can decode H.264 video on the fly, and includes a number of power-saving features such as smart rendering and sleep mode. Adobe is offering Flash Player 10.1 as a public pre-beta starting this week. It requires Android 2.2, which Adobe claims will be available to the Nexus One and Motorola Droid "immediately," with other devices such as the HTC EVO, Incredible, Desire, and Motorola Milestone following in the coming months. Adobe expects Flash Player 10.1 to become generally available to the Android platform and laptops starting in June. It is working to bring Flash Player 10.1 to other mobile platforms, such as Windows Phone 7, webOS, BlackBerry and Symbian, but it did not provide a timeframe.

from Adobe
    That's about the same time they said it will be out for webOS, but then again, they also said first half of 2010.

Android 2.2, Froyo, isn't out yet and won't be for another couple, if not a few, months.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    What about non-Android devices?

I think 600MHz+ class CPUs, 64MB RAM typically allocatred for browser usage, perhaps more. Things that would fall easiliy into the top half of smartphone. We'll try to refine further when we finish working on each OS.
    Flash will probably come for WebOS on the new Palm Pre which will have a 600MHz+ Class CPU. The current hardware specs of the Pre are too poor to handle Flash without consuming all system resources. 3D Gaming on the Pre is a good example. You have to reset your Pre or it will not work. The Palm Pre Plus will probably perform better, but still the CPU is not there.

I think 600MHz+ class CPUs, 64MB RAM typically allocatred for browser usage, perhaps more. Things that would fall easiliy into the top half of smartphone. We'll try to refine further when we finish working on each OS.
    Flash will probably come for WebOS on the new Palm Pre which will have a 600MHz+ Class CPU. The current hardware specs of the Pre are too poor to handle Flash without consuming all system resources. 3D Gaming on the Pre is a good example. You have to reset your Pre or it will not work. The Palm Pre Plus will probably perform better, but still the CPU is not there.
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlee2001 View Post
    Won't it be ironic if all these folks leave Pre for the EVO (sporting Android 2.1) and then later the same month, Pre gets Flash and they start whining that EVO doesn't have it! (and they start waiting for Android 2.2 update)

lol
    Maybe. But I have a feeling that when we get flash on a cell we'll finally realize how little we need it (and how troublesome it is).

My hopes is flash on Android/WebOS tablets where it will have the power/batt to actually handle flash properly.
    Technically the Pre already has the framework for flash, just waiting on the plugin from Adobe. Adobe needs to get on this.

Or maybe 1.4.5 clears up some lose ends for Flash that might have been missed in the previous update.

Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    To be blunt Android is the operating system with the most future
    Pretty much, but hopefully that will change a bit after the HP buyout is complete. Also, the 3 most high profile phones outside of the iPhone are the N1, the Droid Incredible and the Evo. It would be bad business for Adobe to ignore them.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Not true. The Palm Pre and Motorola Droid have the same processor. The Plus even has more RAM.
    Twitter: @Eddie255
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about. I have never had to reset my Pre before running a 3D game.
    Global Posts
    303 Global Posts
    the practical side of me wants to believe that adobe sees more benefit in the android version so that is where the put their resources. But with all the fragmentation in the android platform, I have to guess it was EASIER to make flash run on webos. So why has it not released??

the conspiracy theorist in me believes that google cut a deal to get flash released on android first. The webos version has been shelved for all this time to give android the headlines. This fits well with both google and adobe anti-apple campaigns and it is the only reason I can see that makes sense as to why we haven't got it yet. The story for webos was a fall release, then 2009, then feb, then nothing but talk of the android version. I'm tellin ya, google cut a deal with adobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    I don't know what you are talking about. I have never had to reset my Pre before running a 3D game.
    It was pretty common to have to do a Luna restart to free up memory to play some games, although it's gotten better. Some apps still trigger it, though. Glyder does for me a lot.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I don't mind waiting a extra week or two before it comes to WebOS. It is just a beta so its going to have some bugs and by the time we get it the number if bugs will hopefully drop.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik767 View Post
    Well I have. Never had an issue with the dread Too Many Cards error until I tried one of the 3d game demos. So, yeah, I have to reboot the phone as often as not if I want to play one of those new fangled 3d games. Just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean it isn't happening to others.
    Where is the love? I thought webOS would have Flash 10.1 by now!!!
    There are 4 other threads about this and all in the new posts area too

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.