Page 184 of 233 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174179180181182183184185186187188189 194 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    I was thinking that they gave up on us. Andorid is based off of linux but theres is locked down compared to ours from my understanding.
    I don't think they gave up on us. Adobe has been testing Flash on the Pre for a while now. Plus, since WebOS is almost a part of HP, I'm sure Adobe wants us to have Flash too. We'll need it for that WebOS Tablet that HP wants to make
    I think adobe is just releasing it in an order that makes business sense. Android is in the hands of far more users, so it gets flash first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't think they gave up on us. Adobe has been testing Flash on the Pre for a while now. Plus, since WebOS is almost a part of HP, I'm sure Adobe wants us to have Flash too. We'll need it for that WebOS Tablet that HP wants to make

Oh i'm right there with you on that in fact my fiancee and I will be in line for a Tablet(or HP Slate) when it launches for 2 of them (depends on pricing) as she says it would be her perfect reader and other stuff. the 2nd one i'm mounting in the kitchen and it will be for her when she is cooking to look up recipes and read if she wants to or watch a movie... I felt sorry for her when she was cooking all day in the kitchen on sunday to make a beef bourguignon but OMG it was super tasty. Made me realize that she would enjoy it.
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Didn't they say it would be available around the same time as the Android release? Late May, Early June? Of course, they say a lot things, so who knows.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Didn't they say it would be available around the same time as the Android release? Late May, Early June? Of course, they say a lot things, so who knows.
    Well, Adobe has been saying that Flash will be released for WebOS in the "First Half of 2010". I think I actually believe it now...

Side note: This is my 2000th post Is that a good or a bad thing?
    So June 17th is the date to watch???
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    When flash was announced the Palm Pre was the main device but that has changed with the sudden popularity of Android. A few months ago no one had Android now it is the center of all mobile attention.
    In addition to Android phones, there are several Android tablets waiting for Flash to come out in order for them to be released. I'm sure Adobe put all their effort into getting the Android version out the door and will go back to working on the other OSes once Android's put to bed - one of those other OSes might be WebOS.
    For those of us new to all of this....Flash is important because it will allow us to stream video, correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by ceaserx View Post
    this is a post to get my post count up. i can't link you to the story from this very website where it says June 6th Flash is coming to WebOS, because it says my post count isn't great enough. gosh i guess i should just make more meaningless posts then.

ok post over. only 1 more to go then i can put links in my posts! JOY
    Just type it out with spaces and then one of us can fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ceaserx View Post
    this is a post to get my post count up. i can't link you to the story from this very website where it says June 6th Flash is coming to WebOS, because it says my post count isn't great enough. gosh i guess i should just make more meaningless posts then.

ok post over. only 1 more to go then i can put links in my posts! JOY
    Well it wasn't completely meaningless. At least you let us know that there was an article on the front page stating Flash would be available June 6th
    Google and Adobe have teamed up to really stick it to Apple these days. It would not surprise me if Android gets most of the flash love. Right now the phone to beat is the Evo, and I expect it to make waves similar to the original Droid. Also, Sense 2.1 on the Evo and Droid Incredible already have flash lite and can run flash. Engadget demo'ed it in their review of the Evo.

I hate to say it, but I believe WebOS is going to come second to Android for a bit. Once the HP-Palm buyout completes and WebOS starts rolling out on everything, Adobe will bring a lot of flash support in.

Remember that a WebOS tablet might land this fall, and I bet Adobe will want Flash on it to rub Apple's nose in it.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by whitenack View Post
    For those of us new to all of this....Flash is important because it will allow us to stream video, correct?
    Yes. It should also allow us to play some Flash games.
    I'm more concerned about the battery life and flash usage on our devices.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I am looking forward to a WebOS tablet.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Yes. It should also allow us to play some Flash games.
    Indeed, I plan on hitting Newgrounds every lunch break when it is finally released.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    For those folks with older versions of Android, (and let's say hypothetically, they make it a requirement to have webOS 2.0) will they be able to upgrade their os?

Sorry, I'm a major newb.
    Google + Adobe + Palm = Sticking it to apple.

I always was under the impression WebOS was going to get flash first, I guess that changed when the great War of Adobe & Apple kicked it.
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    For those folks with older versions of Android, (and let's say hypothetically, they make it a requirement to have webOS 2.0) will they be able to upgrade their os?

Sorry, I'm a major newb.
    Most US android device can now upgrade to 2.1 and I expect that most of the phones running vanilla Android will update to 2.2 quite fast (once carriers figure out how to deal with the tether feature). Even phones running sense (Hero, Eris, Incredible & Evo) should upgrade quite fast as HTC will want flash to help differentiate their phones from Apple's.

Quote Originally Posted by sYnOnYx View Post
    Google + Adobe + Palm = Sticking it to apple.

I always was under the impression WebOS was going to get flash first, I guess that changed when the great War of Adobe & Apple kicked it.
    Also remember that Android makes up a much larger percentage of phones OS's than WebOS does; sad but true. I am going to again say you will see Flash on a WebOS tablet in the fall.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Side note: This is my 2000th post Is that a good or a bad thing?
    well, that all depends on how long you took to get to 2000. Your a little less than a year in, so it's about 6 posts a day. So unless you posted them from a pre, yeah you might want to get out more.
    iPhone 4s 64gb for personal, at&t Prē 3 for business. Best of both worlds.
    What about non-Android devices?

I think 600MHz+ class CPUs, 64MB RAM typically allocatred for browser usage, perhaps more. Things that would fall easiliy into the top half of smartphone. We'll try to refine further when we finish working on each OS.
    Flash will probably come for WebOS on the new Palm Pre which will have a 600MHz+ Class CPU. The current hardware specs of the Pre are too poor to handle Flash without consuming all system resources. 3D Gaming on the Pre is a good example. You have to reset your Pre or it will not work. The Palm Pre Plus will probably perform better, but still the CPU is not there.