Page 181 of 233 FirstFirst ... 81 131 171176177178179180181182183184185186 191 231 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,620 of 4649
    IMO the HP deal has made Adobe to do a mad scramble to put flash on webos. While android is selling well, HP size, production process/supplies will enable the webos to be a mass market device. Considering all the bashing adobe has taken I'm sure they are more than eager to get on the pre bandwagon. Two months ago that wasn't the case. And with the rumored Hurricane tablet I'm sure adobe is looking to get revenge on apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    I seriously don't think that Flash will ever run well on the Pre. Just plain HTML seems to be very CPU intensive when playing music in the background. However, the Palm Pre Plus is a different story. This phone can run 3D games and other apps at the same time! Freaking awesome! Now, when the Pre 2 comes out I'm pretty sure Flash will kick a.s.s.
    You understand of course that the Pre and Pre+ are identical except for RAM and storage. So, the Pre+ can run 3D games and other apps at the same time because it has the RAM to do so. But, except for low-memory situations, a Pre and a Pre+ will run apps at precisely the same speed.

So, it's possible that a Pre+ would run Flash more efficiently than a Pre if memory gets tight, but otherwise they'd be identical.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You understand of course that the Pre and Pre+ are identical except for RAM and storage. So, the Pre+ can run 3D games and other apps at the same time because it has the RAM to do so. But, except for low-memory situations, a Pre and a Pre+ will run apps at precisely the same speed.

So, it's possible that a Pre+ would run Flash more efficiently than a Pre if memory gets tight, but otherwise they'd be identical.
    That's what I mean. RAM is soooo important and at the same time such a simple distinction, but it means a lot in terms of performance. Believe me it is like day and night.
    most people who hate on adobe are people who don't use their tools. I don't really use flash,but my experience with their other products has been nothing short of amazing.

people keep hating on flash, when there is nothing that comes close. All people keep doing is comparing what html5 should theoraticly be able to do in the future, vs what flash does now. They don't compare to what flash will be like a few years from now.

show me something thay works ( for devs and users) half as good as flash does now, and i'll back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

All I know is whenever flash is released mine will be faster because of the 800mhz kernel.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Flash shmash.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    The ship has sailed. I don't even want flash anymore. I think the platform is going to die rather quickly now.
    Wow, Apple sure has done a good job marketing their point of view... Now everyone hates flash...

Personally, I don't care. If they can bring it to the mobile platforms and run stable, great! If not, Bring on HTML5...
    my pre still crashes.. My friends i=hone crashes.. So what?
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    The most annoying thing I think is gonna be how sure-to-be-slow software updates from Adobe are going to be. I don't mind weird behavior if it means software will be swamped with updates, but I highly doubt adobe will be on point in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    The most annoying thing I think is gonna be how sure-to-be-slow software updates from Adobe are going to be. I don't mind weird behavior if it means software will be swamped with updates, but I highly doubt adobe will be on point in this regard.
    Are you kidding? Adobe releases a new version of Flash every couple weeks because of security holes. (Desktop platforms)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I'm so sick of waiting on and foolishly expecting flash.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I know the release date for flash on palm pre.

The day after I don't give a **** anymore.

I think they should drag this out for a few more months.
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    the fact of the matter is that since adobe has been draging this out by the time the release flash most of the pre users will have upgraded to something eles
    I don't see the point here. Even if it's true (though I doubt the "most"), new Pre owners come on board. They may want it as well. Even more importantly, new WebOS users come one board.
    Quote Originally Posted by fastamx79 View Post
    It happens??

It's beta??

Adobe proved they are *NOT* ready to demo this software. The presenter should have known/practiced exactly what he was going to do, and have a backup plan in place, not ask the audience 'what site should I visit' only to tell the members of said audience 'sorry, that doesn't work'.

Pathetic.
    Seems I remember some other tech company having a pretty spectacular demo malfunction...
    , they got past it.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    the Pre will be discontinued probably before Flash comes to it. AS long as the Radio time app works I am happy and dont miss it LOL
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    my pre still crashes.. My friends i=hone crashes.. So what?
    Gotta love when u can tell when a post is made from a pre

On topic, as lots of people seem to realize, this is beta software. Wait til they either move to stable (so you can test and see if it's actually stable) or cancel the project entirely (in which case people can feel free to complain)
    The sad part is that user "rush" is right and so is user "NickDG". People are giving up on Adobe, but Flash isn't nearly dead. The fact that Hulu says that HTML5 isn't ready for them yet is proof of that. If Adobe keeps missing their own deadlines and dates they're just gonna keep shooting themselves in the foot. By June if it isn't out for WebOS, they're gonna lose most of their Palm fans. I can't say I have faith in Adobe, but I hope they can prolong their company's death by releasing Flash for WebOS.
    I’m just an average guy with a webOS phone. It’s been on the market almost a year (11 months). We were originally told we would have Flash in Feb ‘10, then April ‘10, now we’re being told “the first half of 2010″, which by now, NOBODY believes. I’m a software development Project Manager, and I simply can not understand why this is taking so long. If Adobe can’t create a version of it’s software for a new operating system in a year’s time, it’s going to loose the mobile market. As the Handheld browser market continues to grow, web developers will use it less and less because they will realize there’s a whole market of users that can’t access their content.
    Personally, I’ve given up hope for Flash to come to the webOS. When I hit a page that has Flash, I e-mail the site owner and tell them they are missing out on a growing market of users by using Flash. It won’t be overnight, but unless Adobe begins supporting mobile devises, they will begin to become irrelevant.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Does anyone really believe this is getting released by the end of next month?
    Sure. And I believe Docs To Go will be out at the same time.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)