Page 180 of 233 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170175176177178179180181182183184185 190 230 ... LastLast
Results 3,581 to 3,600 of 4649
    It's beta software at the moment. Crashing is something that comes with the territory.

Did you see the footage of the Nexus One running 3D flash games and video? Looks awesome.

Android 2.2 'Froyo' and Flash run like butter on Nexus One (video) -- Engadget
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I believe they demo'ed a flash beta on a Palm Pre a few months ago, and from what heard it worked well. Maybe it's just Android.

Either way, it could possibly affect the release date for the webOS version. The "first half of 2010" is quickly coming to an end. Come on Adobe! You're making Apple look right! And that's just plain scary.
    I done gave up on adobe...

I'm not surprise at all.
    I hope so!
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    This happens, remember when Bill Gates was demoing Plug and Play for a Windows 95 beta and it blue screened?

I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    The ship has sailed. I don't even want flash anymore. I think the platform is going to die rather quickly now.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Flash won't be perfect on any mobile device. The flip side to it, is it was an android equipped nexus1 and not the pre. Even with that said I doubt the pre will run it perfect.

Initial reports for flash said the pre did handle flash better then the nexus1 did, but haven't heard squat since then.

Heres to wishful thinking
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    Flash not so important for my pre but it would be great on a webos tablet. If the browser on the webos tablet can run flash and java apps within the browser, we would have thousands and thousands of apps right away.
    There is no"FLASH".
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3721 View Post
    The ship has sailed. I don't even want flash anymore. I think the platform is going to die rather quickly now.
    Flash is nowhere near being dead. The fact that 97% of people have it installed on their computer is a strong indicator of it's importance.

Flash on webos, Android, Blackberry, etc will finally give people what they have wanted for years. The full Internet.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I don't even care if it comes it comes if not oh well..
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    I done gave up on adobe...

I'm not surprise at all.

+1
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    hulu wouldn't work because hulu blocks non-computer sites actively, as part of their contracts with the networks.. nothing to do with the flash program.
    He was doing the demo on a Mac and an Android - He should have tries a PC and WebOS if he wanted to see results.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Oh no, some beta software crashed! Sound the alarms!!!

Entirely expected and normal. Why do people post this crap?
    Although I do think Flash still has its place, the great thing about webOS is that it's all about Web standards. As HTML5 picks up steam, we'll already be in great shape to support it. If we get Flash, great. If not, we'll still be just fine.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    the fact of the matter is that since adobe has been draging this out by the time the release flash most of the pre users will have upgraded to something eles
    The only thing I really hope for flash is for it not to super drain the battery. Another thing I hope is there will be some way you can put a "book" mark where you are especially for flash games. Where it opens the game or the site or whatever you happen to be using for flash that it opens right there were you left off.
    It happens??

It's beta??

I'm sorry but Adobe has been screwing around WAAAAAYYY too long. This isn't the first time Adobe dropped the ball on getting a release out on a time frame they produced, only to keep pushing stuff back and when it is finally released, it is buggy as hell... Flash 10.1 should have been out months ago with how long they have been 'beta' testing this software. Even if Adobe releases it, they have clearly stated it would be a 'beta' and *NOT* a final version.

Adobe proved they are *NOT* ready to demo this software. The presenter should have known/practiced exactly what he was going to do, and have a backup plan in place, not ask the audience 'what site should I visit' only to tell the members of said audience 'sorry, that doesn't work'.

Pathetic.
    I seriously don't think that Flash will ever run well on the Pre. Just plain HTML seems to be very CPU intensive when playing music in the background. However, the Palm Pre Plus is a different story. This phone can run 3D games and other apps at the same time! Freaking awesome! Now, when the Pre 2 comes out I'm pretty sure Flash will kick a.s.s.