Page 175 of 233 FirstFirst ... 75125165170171172173174175176177178179180185225 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    no. lol.
    Please enlighten me. I don't see how a device / os that supports a plug-in would be unable to use said plug-in whenever it was made available.

I am not a techie, so I'd like to understand what is incorrect.
    Big deal. webOS has had Flash support for months, and still no Flash plugin. This will just put Android users in the same camp as we are in.
    Quote Originally Posted by omahawildcat View Post
    Google: Adobe Flash Support Coming to Android 2.2 - PCWorld

I still have a bad feeling that Flash is never going to come for us Pre users.
    Android already has flash support (well at least HTC Sense UI does). The incredible already has flash player lite built into its standard browser and you can view flash in websites. It isn't great, but it works.

Now, who will get flash 10.1 support first is a better question.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    I just ran across this interesting story, http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/21/adobe-halts-investment-in-iphone-specific-flash-dev-tools-has-a/

hopefully Adobe keeps the dev going for palm's flash app!! Just a little concerned, but confident in HP that they will insist on continued development
    damn it i want it already!!
    When PDK comes for all devs you don't want this anymore ! And PDK will be sooner then Adobe.
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    When PDK comes for all devs you don't want this anymore ! And PDK will be sooner then Adobe.
    That happened weeks ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by dhMassacre View Post
    That happened weeks ago...
    No! You know that PDK Apps are still not allowed to be submitted !? I wrote for all devs! Only GLU Mobile, EA and Gameloft have early access. Dev's that don't, have to wait till update comes.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JuJulian1987 View Post
    No! You know that PDK Apps are still not allowed to be submitted !? I wrote for all devs! Only GLU Mobile, EA and Gameloft have early access. Dev's that don't, have to wait till update comes.
    He's referring to the OP who announced that adobe wasn't going to dev for iphone. That is old news. [Edit: I stand corrected, I agree that PDK apps need to be approved]

Please stop titling threads like this OP! be more descriptive please. This leads people to think you know flash came out on the Pre, which of course is patently false.
    I agree. The only reason I clicked this dumb thread is because I thought there was new information relating to flash and the Pre.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Won't flash just make it so every website will be crawling with annoying pop up and forced scrolling ads and noises. I'd like flash, but it better come bundled with some user controles.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Just want to chime in, there is a way but, IMHO, is easier than flashing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Archite; 04/29/2010 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Forgot to add content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archite View Post
    Just want to chime in, there is a way but, IMHO, is easier than flashing.
    Care to explain?
    waiting patiently!

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

LOL
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsmiley View Post
    Won't flash just make it so every website will be crawling with annoying pop up and forced scrolling ads and noises. I'd like flash, but it better come bundled with some user controles.
    Depends on how it's implemented. If it loads like a desktop browser, yes. If it it changes the lego unsupported image into a click here to view image, no. The demo videos have me thinking it's the click here option not the blarg in your face option.

[edit] All speculation.
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    It was pretty simple. I had a Palm Pre from Sprint and Palm Pre Plus from Verizon. This is what I did:

1. Remove radio board from Palm Pre
    2. Replace radio board in Palm Pre Plus
    3. Created a meta-doctor removing both carrier check and model check
    4. Flashed the device
    5. Moved the Sprint ipk's over to the phone and installed them

Right now I'm dealing with issues with certain items on the app store not being available for a Sprint 2.4 configuration but that's the least hard part to fix.

Note: unlike changing the ESN, this is not illegal but will void your warranty on both devices.
    Last edited by Archite; 04/29/2010 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Note of caution
    Quote Originally Posted by Archite View Post
    It was pretty simple. I had a Palm Pre from Sprint and Palm Pre Plus from Verizon. This is what I did:

1. Remove radio board from Palm Pre
    2. Replace radio board in Palm Pre Plus
    3. Created a meta-doctor removing both carrier check and model check
    4. Flashed the device
    5. Moved the Sprint ipk's over to the phone and installed them

Right now I'm dealing with issues with certain items on the app store not being available for a Sprint 2.4 configuration but that's the least hard part to fix.

Note: unlike changing the ESN, this is not illegal but will void your warranty on both devices.

Is the Verizon Pre Plus noticeably better then the Sprint Pre? I know the Pre Plus has more memory; which I wish I had more memory on my Sprint Pre, because all of the games on my phone have left barely any free space. Overall though, is the Pre Plus better?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    How hard would it be to just swap out the RAM/ROM? Bit of soldering of course but I've never seen the board so I don't know how bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    How hard would it be to just swap out the RAM/ROM? Bit of soldering of course but I've never seen the board so I don't know how bad.
    I don't know how the Pre or Pixi are setup, but electronics have Controller-Chips that know how much memory they have to access. So it's not as easy to upgrade the memory like that. I wish it were, but most likely not. I wish my phone had a Terabyte of memory, because I hate having to keep deleting apps, just to add new ones.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    He's referring to the OP who announced that adobe wasn't going to dev for iphone. That is old news. [Edit: I stand corrected, I agree that PDK apps need to be approved]

Please stop titling threads like this OP! be more descriptive please. This leads people to think you know flash came out on the Pre, which of course is patently false.
    sorry that I gave you false hope again, wasent really meant in that way at all, I was just thinking that like clever marketing, it might get more reads if you title the thread in a way that gets ppls attention, and we all know that we ALL are waiting for flash to be enabled for our phones!!

so, no harm meant, I think we all can control ourselves enough to not get mad about a forum thread..

later

GO SHARKS!!!