Page 173 of 233 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163168169170171172173174175176177178 183 223 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,460 of 4649
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    regarding flash killing battery life...

remember when everyone was saying that multitasking was going to kill our battery life (a notion created by good ol' apple...) and well that simply was not true... lets wait it out and see what happens... I agree flash is a resource hog, but perhaps adobe has figured out some power saving techniques and perhaps it will not be as bad as you think... keep in mind I have a feeling the pre will have a tap to use flash system similar to when you get a flash blocker on your computers web browser... that way flash is not going to just overwhelm your system... you use it when you want to use it... that makes the most sense IMO...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CoobeyMeyer View Post
    What are you talking about? I've succesfully flashed my Pre Plus to work on Sprint and I got leaked the 1.4 update as well. Works great 0.o
    Hi, I was wondering if you managed to change the ESN/MEID on your Pre. I'd like to do that too. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    The poster that you asked this about was a troll, and never answered anyone about this.
    He may have been a troll but you are a fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by boris1 View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if you managed to change the ESN/MEID on your Pre. I'd like to do that too. Thanks.
    No, this guy can't do it. He's just teasing you all. He's feeding on your hopes and dreams.
    This is not speculation. The JooJoo is already out and the effects of Flash are indisputable on that device. It is so bad that Adobe has come out and made a statement, distancing themselves from Flash on the JooJoo. Like it or not, that is the nature of the beast. It might get better, but you are all waiting on Adobe to make it all better. They are not the good guys.
    What makes you think that? Self evaluation?

Quote Originally Posted by boris1 View Post
    He may have been a troll but you are a fool.
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    mobile news and tv guide like apps work wonders. Flash will bring pop ups and ****... I guess if your obsessed flash is for you...

I say HTML5 conversion is welcome and necessary for internet growth from teenager status into adulthood and no we don't need that on mobile PHONES either.
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    mobile news and tv guide like apps work wonders. Flash will bring pop ups and ****... I guess if your obsessed flash is for you...

I say HTML5 conversion is welcome and necessary for internet growth from teenager status into adulthood and no we don't need that on mobile PHONES either.
    This is where 90% of what people think of flash go to. Seriously you think flash brings popups its actually JavaScript that does that...

Also on the palm pre you have to click to start the flash object up. It wont auto load and thus it wont take up any CPU or memory. You can check it out in this video at around 2:05.

HTML5 isnt a replacement for flash.... I don't know where people keep getting these ideas from. They are two separate things really.. Is HTML5 nice? Yes it is very nice in fact I think its great for the future of the internet! Will it be as fast as flash though? From what I have seen so far flash runs MUCH faster. You can check out a video that demonstrates how much faster flash runs then HTML5:

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    That picture is chock full of lolz
    Quote Originally Posted by demetry14 View Post
    I don't get all the fuss over flash for the WebOS... I mean how many more adds can you take... they are already in most app's and web pages regardless of flash... With flash being only for the browser, that just means we will get random pop ups on our phone from cookies we didn't clear of cache that becomes active after being dormant all week.

THE ONLY THING I THINK ALL OF YOU WANT FLASH FOR IS ADULT CONTENT...
    you sir, are correct!

@ least the pr0n part
    palm have been doing really well recentlym 1.4, then 1.4.1 and paid apps. However; anybody heard any rumours about when our webos devices will be able to support flash?
    They already can SUPPORT flash but the flash plugin has not been released yet
    And nobody knows when the plugin is coming either
    its probably gonna be delayed, seeing as how Palm has issues right now
    Roughly a week after HTML5 becomes the new standard.
    The current official release window for Flash is "First half of 2010". Don't get your hopes up though...
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/24/2010 at 09:07 PM.
    When what freezes over???
    First half of 2010, so probably late may, or june.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Don't rely on Adobe.
    The first date they gave out was October 2009. Yeah...
    For the people saying first half of 2010, your information is a little out of date. Flash on WebOS is now scheduled for the second half of 2010, barring any big problems like Palm selling or the building catching fire etc.

Adobe CEO: Flash coming to Android, WebOS and BlackBerry 'smartphones and tablets' in 2H 2010 -- Engadget