Page 171 of 233 FirstFirst ... 71121161166167168169170171172173174175176181221 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 4649
    Ahhh! the myth of flash.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Vaporware at it's finest.....
    This is Adobe's response to Apple's lack of Flash support: Adobe dropped development of Flash for the iPhone, currently.

That frees up (and necessitates, for survival of Flash) Adobe to push the updates for the remaining smartphone OS systems.

So, Windows Mobile, Adroid, Meego, Symbian and WebOS will be happily viewing flash content on their phones, and iPhone users won't, but, they will get a nice image that says "your phone doesnt not support Flash!" in its place.
    Last edited by LCGuy; 04/21/2010 at 06:00 PM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    I remember on Launch Day that we were promised Flash by October '09.

Don't hold your breath on any date.
    This. Also, it looks like adobe is pushing flash people towards Android. I bet you are going to see flash on Android before WebOS.

Adobe gives up on iPhone app development - CNN.com
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiako View Post
    By the time pre gets flash I will have an Evo
    That's ok, android will get flash at the same time as WebOS.
    adobe has blew so many relese date who know what will happen
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    In a lengthy blog post, he calls for developers of Flash apps for smartphones to focus on Android

Flash not for all Smartphones

I dont see WebOS anywhere
    Wow misleading title...

Anyway, this is about iphone devs who used Flash to make iphone apps. Due to Apple locking them out, this guy is suggesting they develop for Android instead.
    no it does not it talks about the iphone .No mentions of pre or android.
    I don't think he really meant Android only, from context it sounded more like "Whatever you do, don't deal with Apple"

I don't think it was a good idea for Adobe to try to fight so much with Apple about this. They spent too much time focusing on Apple when they expressed no interest in Flash, it was pretty arrogant of them to expect to eventually win Steve Jobs over.

This is probably one of the reasons they are so behind, probably programmed and had Apple in mind the entire time, when they could've gone with the Palm or Android, the ones which were willing, and could easily have swooned a lot of individuals away from the iPhone.

We might just get lucky and see a sudden decrease in time till the Pre gets flash.
    From the comments:
    @Pete

OK, so can you guys spend the time you would have spent on Apple stuff bringing flash to Palm webOS? Please?

Yes. We are working with Palm to make this happen.

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    From the comments:
    It would've been nice if it wasn't a brush-off.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    That's what Adobe has been saying all along
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    sorry but it says nothing about webOS OR android just ipad and iphone. Misleading title didn't mean to offend guy
    pretty sure they will support winmo7 and symbian and probably webos

Adobe drops effort to get Flash on iPad, iPhone - MarketWatch

but the writing on the wall is android is apples biggest competitor right now... could be the other way around really because people say android will overtake iphone sales.

if anything feel sorry for rim... they never get mentioned about anything lately.
    yeah but rim holds there own with the success of the blackberry. They will def get flash
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    yeah but rim holds there own with the success of the blackberry. They will def get flash
    Can the Blackberry Browser handle Flash?
    can pre handle flash or iphone nooooo what's your point
    Quote Originally Posted by gangland View Post
    can pre handle flash or iphone nooooo what's your point
    What are you talking about? I was poking fun at Blackberry's horrible web browser lol. The Pre and iphone should have no problem with Flash.
    No you guys misread the article, at least the one I read he said 'and other OS platforms'!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)