Page 17 of 233 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 27 67 117 ... LastLast
    So when flash comes to the pre, do you think sites like Last.fm and the regular Pandora which I think streams at 128 kbps will work? Pandora mobile only streams at 64 kbps (I think). It would be great if this works.
    Quote Originally Posted by speak easy View Post
    So when flash comes to the pre, do you think sites like Last.fm and the regular Pandora which I think streams at 128 kbps will work? Pandora mobile only streams at 64 kbps (I think). It would be great if this works.
    it should be able to work but we'll just have to find out when the beta version comes out in october
    Quote Originally Posted by speak easy View Post
    I read that you can change the option to play at a higher quality but at the price of buffering.. Pandora > preferences. Turn on 'Higher quality audio' "When turned on, music will sound better but may contain more skips and hesitations."
    I think the higher quality is 64 kbps. The lower is 32 kbps. I'm just hoping 128 will work without dropouts. Hell, I hope 192 (pandora one subscription) works. If I'm wishing, might as well wish big.
    Well I listen to Pandora on my Pre all day long and I can assure you it is not 32, 64 or even 96 kbps. My audiophile ears would bleed if I subjected them to anything less than 128 kbps. According to my profile page on the computer it claims a 192 rating...
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to get a flashplayer codec on the pre?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Have you searched the forums or googled flash on palm pre?
    Not yet. By the end of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtkwol View Post
    Have you searched the forums or googled flash on palm pre?
    LOLOL

Why ask a question you know the answer to?
    Can't be 192. One of the things they're marketing to get you to sign up for pandora one subscription only available for a desktop computer is that its 192 (the highest bit rate available for streaming music).
    Oh if its telling you 192 on your computer, then aren't you playin on your computer and not on the pre? The mobile and desktop pandoras supposedly stream different versions.
    Lack of Flash is really pissing me off. Biggest negative in my book.
    i agree
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    Lack of Flash is really pissing me off. Biggest negative in my book.
    Keep in mind that NO smartphone has flash...yeah, it sucks, but it's not something unique to the pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by koconnor View Post
    Keep in mind that NO smartphone has flash...yeah, it sucks, but it's not something unique to the pre.
    Actually, Nokia's N97 has flash support in it's browser.
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    HTC Hero (Android) does as well
    Quote Originally Posted by kesne View Post
    HTC Hero (Android) does as well
    Yeah but from reviews it seems that it is about the most useless thing ever.
    Keep in mind that Adobe is actually working with Palm on this. The Pre will be one of the first smartphones to automatically receive flash for its browser as soon as Adobe officially releases it because of the integration of webos. (I read last that it could be as soon as October, but I could be wrong)
    Quote Originally Posted by koconnor View Post
    Skyfire for WinMob?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    That is actually the very crappy Flash Lite that is about useless. It doesn't play regular Flash files and you have to code specifically for it, which no one does. You can actually do more with just javascript and CSS as available in WebOS.

Adobe will be releasing a full version of Flash for WebOS and Android by the end of the year. It won't be available for the iPhone because snApple has their heads up their butts.