Page 168 of 233 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158163164165166167168169170171172173 178 218 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    i read it to, but as someone mentioned in that thread, that doesn't explain androids delay :P

I blame adobe!
    As I mentioned in the other thread, if Palm was to blame then why is BlackBerry and Android delayed as well?

More like because they were specifically asking about webOS, Palm is the convenient blame at that moment.

Someone should let Palm know of that response and see what Palm says...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    they are holding off on it till palm releases a phone that can run it properly.... they put it on the pre as it stands and there will be nothing but problems... i love my pre, but it has its limitations.. imho
    Who cares. Flash on a tiny screen is almost meaningless. Flash games are awful compared to the native apps in the app store. Most big sites are converting their video over to html5. Hulu won't work anyway. By the time flash becomes available, most people will no longer care.
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    they are holding off on it till palm releases a phone that can run it properly.... they put it on the pre as it stands and there will be nothing but problems... i love my pre, but it has its limitations.. imho
    The Pre is capable of running Flash. They aren't waiting for the next Palm device to be releases. If if was a Pre specific issue, then why is this effecting all other mobiles that are supposed to be getting Flash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    The Pre is capable of running Flash. They aren't waiting for the next Palm device to be releases. If if was a Pre specific issue, then why is this effecting all other mobiles that are supposed to be getting Flash?
    exactly.. This is a adobe problem.
    Im tired of Adobe.
    Terrible company, mediocre products.
    How can my top of the line computer studder when watching a 400x300 flash video? Terrible.

I personally don't care about flash anymore. Bring on Silverlight and HTML5, no longer will Adobe have a monopoly on "flash like" acceleration.
    Adobe lets us wait for the beta since last year. I think all they say is bla bla. Hope most sites change to html5 so adobe is no longer needed
    Now the 2nd Half of 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CHERBAUGH View Post
    Now the 2nd Half of 2010
    Yep, but we might get a beta version in the first half. Here's to hoping.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    By the time it finally gets here (if ever), it'll be so anti-climactic I won't really care. The delays can only mean they're having problems with it. Is THAT what I'm going to want on my Pre? Don't think so!
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yes. There will be a webOS beta as well.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I notice the write-up states a firm date wasn't given...typical Adobe...at this rate, I'll have the Pre 2 in my hands before that happens for WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Who cares. Flash on a tiny screen is almost meaningless. Flash games are awful compared to the native apps in the app store. Most big sites are converting their video over to html5. Hulu won't work anyway. By the time flash becomes available, most people will no longer care.
    I was always wanting Flash for the p0rn. If it were here, umm, last October... I can assure you the Pre would be the hottest selling phone around. That's why people believe VHS to have beat out Betamax, on top of the longer runtime.... but p0rn was an important kicker.

People with Boost would convert to being post-paid subscribers w/ Sprint after they saw "the phone that did pr0n".

Quote Originally Posted by SportingLions View Post
    Im tired of Adobe.
    Terrible company, mediocre products.
    How can my top of the line computer studder when watching a 400x300 flash video? Terrible.

I personally don't care about flash anymore. Bring on Silverlight and HTML5, no longer will Adobe have a monopoly on "flash like" acceleration.
    If you can provide me with all my favorite p0rn sites in HTML5, I'm all for it.

But yea, Adobe sucks. Good riddance.
    ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    I was always wanting Flash for the p0rn. If it were here, umm, last October... I can assure you the Pre would be the hottest selling phone around. That's why people believe VHS to have beat out Betamax, on top of the longer runtime.... but p0rn was an important kicker.

People with Boost would convert to being post-paid subscribers w/ Sprint after they saw "the phone that did pr0n".

If you can provide me with all my favorite p0rn sites in HTML5, I'm all for it.

But yea, Adobe sucks. Good riddance.
    Buddy, I'm right with you. Apparently Pr0nHub is already HTML5 but it's a hidden link (in beta). I read it on Engadget that some guy said screw flash, his pr0n is already HTML5. lol.
    Adobe has made it official, no Flash 10.1 until the second half of this year.

"... After mounting an intense attack on Apple for not supporting Flash on its iPhone OS mobile devices, Adobe has admitted that it will not be able to ship its promised Flash Player 10.1 for mobile platforms until the second half of the year.

Adobe's Flash Player 10.1 has been widely publicized as being the first version of the company's runtime that will enable mobile devices to play most of the Flash content originally designed for playback within web browsers running on the PC desktop.

The new 10.1 version was initially targeted at Android and Palm's webOS, with developer preview editions released over the last few months. Adobe has since committed to also supporting RIM's Blackberry OS, Symbian, and Microsoft's Windows Phone 7, which is slated for release this winter.
    ..."
    Not a big deal really, with the open web standards HTML 5 coming (and already in place on Youtube and other sites), Adobe Flash is becoming increasingly non-relevant.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Expect webOS flash during the release of the C40. Palm prob working with Adobe to help give the next phone some buzz. I really think Palm and Adobe are buddy buddy, just look at the previous flash videos. Adobe is practically advertising the phone, not flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xacto01 View Post
    Expect webOS flash during the release of the C40. Palm prob working with Adobe to help give the next phone some buzz. I really think Palm and Adobe are buddy buddy, just look at the previous flash videos. Adobe is practically advertising the phone, not flash.
    Considering that Adobe has officially announced the delay of 10.1 I rather doubt that there will be a special release for Web OS just for the C40. Is there any information to suggest that the C40 will be getting a 'special' Flash version?
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnoy View Post
    Considering that Adobe has officially announced the delay of 10.1 I rather doubt that there will be a special release for Web OS just for the C40. Is there any information to suggest that the C40 will be getting a 'special' Flash version?
    Flash aside, wouldn't it be wise for Palm though, to include new functionality in this state of the game? To say "hey look all you would-be customers that don't know what webOS is, We are releasing a new phone and new hardware, BTW, its not anything special from the Pre other than the hardware..yup same great OS" would be kinda lackluster IMO. At least palm should up their Touchstone with better communication between phone and charger, Add a slew of Games they've collected for release or give an updated version of webOS to help build hype. If I were doing a press release, I wouldn't want 1 hour of uncomfortable silence just holding up a new piece of hardware and nothing else.