Page 167 of 233 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157162163164165166167168169170171172 177 217 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 4649
    zzzzzz
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news... Honestly I'm not surprised that it's getting pushed back again.

This week Adobe released version 5 of its Creative Suite software compilation. CEO Shantanu Narayen has naturally hit the interview trail to promote his company's wares, but the biggest news from him is actually a delay of sorts. We'd previously heard that Android, WebOS and BlackBerry versions of Flash 10.1 would be available in the first half of 2010, but Adobe's chief now places delivery to those platforms in the second half of the year. At least consolation may be found in his teasing of new Flash-enabled tablets -- most likely to be running Android or Chrome OS -- which we're told to expect to see within the same time frame. As to the question of Apple's holdout from Flash nirvana, Narayen describes it as a business rather than technology decision, which "hurts consumers" and will ultimately be judged by people voting "for the experience that they want through their wallet." Can't really argue with that. Skip past the break for the full interview.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/18/a...kberry-smartp/

Original article was updated:
    Update: The blog of Adobe's Lee Brimelow gives us a likely reason for the delay: Flash Player 10.1 for Android has just entered private beta, as has AIR 2.0, with public betas on the way. Devs can sign up to be notified about both right here.
    Last edited by Garrett92C; 04/18/2010 at 03:31 PM. Reason: updated article
    didn't this get posted here a while ago? anyways, thanks for posting it, i'm sure many haven't seen it yet.

edit: did a search, turns out i was wrong.
    Last edited by nimer55; 04/18/2010 at 02:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    didn't this get posted here a while ago? anyways, thanks for posting it, i'm sure many haven't seen it yet.
    I didn't find any other threads regarding Flash being pushed back to the second half of 2010. I did see a thread saying it would be out in 2 months though lol.

This article was was posted on Engadget at 6am this morning.

Can you post a link to the other thread?
    Ok so the earliest date is now June 16th to everyone who is always asking when it's coming
    Oh, it was a front page article lol. I only use the mobile forums and never read the front page. Sorry for the wasted thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    Ok so the earliest date is now June 16th to everyone who is always asking when it's coming
    Now we get at least a few more months of "Where is Flash???" threads...
    it's free. What do you expect. There's no rush for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Now we get at least a few more months of "Where is Flash???" threads...
    At least it means a few more months till the "problems with flash" threads start
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Yeah... they said it would be out October 2009.
    Anywho, I don't even expect it anymore.
    I'm actually okay with it. Adobe realizes that cause of apple's threats, they can no longer releases half-baked software. IF adobe manages to pull it off, and make it amazing Steve is going to look so bad.. Imagine if it offered the same battery, and cpu as a regular app, or only like 10-15% more (since it's not native)..
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    Adobe has been promising us Flash since October 2009. It's frustrating to keep getting all of our hopes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Yeah... they said it would be out October 2009.
    Anywho, I don't even expect it anymore.
    It must have been a typo. What they really meant was 'October 2010'
    I'm kind of torn for a reaction here - I'm a bit disappointed in Adobe because their inability to stick to release dates makes Palm look bad (although I read somewhere that actually Adobe were blaming the late release on Palm - apparently they don't adhere to Adobe's strict rules yet? I'll try and find a source to qualify this).

On the other hand, I would rather Adobe took another 6 months to release it if it would make the difference between excellent implementation rather than a waste of our time. Just make it really good, Adobe

Edit: Well, I can't find the source - perhaps I dreamt it
    Last edited by SqyArc; 04/18/2010 at 03:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I'm kind of torn for a reaction here - I'm a bit disappointed in Adobe because their inability to stick to release dates makes Palm look bad (although I read somewhere that actually Adobe were blaming the late release on Palm - apparently they don't adhere to Adobe's strict rules yet? I'll try and find a source to qualify this).
    I remember hearing about that too. It's mentioned in this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...out-flash.html
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post

On the other hand, I would rather Adobe took another 6 months to release it if it would make the difference between excellent implementation rather than a waste of our time. Just make it really good, Adobe

Edit: Well, I can't find the source - perhaps I dreamt it
    i read it to, but as someone mentioned in that thread, that doesn't explain androids delay :P

I blame adobe!
    Ahh yeah, thanks for the link, I thought I was going crazy for a second there.
    on Engadget it said 'Flash player 10.1 has just entered private beta with public betas on the way'. I guess we will see how it goes for palm
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    While Player free, Flash isn't. Player gets the user base for Flash. If there's no user base, why would content providers buy Flash from Adobe to create content?

It's mutual.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by edbbates11 View Post
    on Engadget it said 'Flash player 10.1 has just entered private beta with public betas on the way'. I guess we will see how it goes for palm
    The article says it's entered beta for Android devices... Let's hope webOS gets a beta too!