Page 166 of 233 FirstFirst ... 66 116 156161162163164165166167168169170171 176 216 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,320 of 4649
    The biggest issue for me is that unless Palm does something freaking awesome BEFORE the HTC EVO comes out I'm not going to care what Adobe does on it. I have been a solid Palm person since the original handheld, but I'm nearly done. Delay after delay. Still not Audible. Still no Flash. Needs a serious speed boost. I like my Pre alot, but it's seems like they are back to playing catch up again.

They need an awesome Pre II and they need it soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by diomark View Post
    (yawn) - by the time it comes out, I'll be bored of this phone (already bored actually) and looking for the next best thing.. -m
    And a discussion about the new Flash plugin will (likely) be relevant to that phone as well, assuming it takes as long as you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    Flash will of course be optional.
    Good to know. On my PC it tries to insert itself everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by revyloution View Post
    While waiting for flash, does anyone know if/when palm will support HTML5?
    Yes. Since June 2009, they have. WebOS is partially built in HTML 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by revyloution View Post
    While waiting for flash, does anyone know if/when palm will support HTML5?
    Here you go : http://html5test.com/

check it from your Pre or Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by ukabu View Post
    Here you go : The HTML5 test - How well does your browser support HTML5?

check it from your Pre or Pixi
    Browser scores 107 out of 160. I want my other 53 points... NOW!! **nods**
    it would be epic
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Browser scores 107 out of 160. I want my other 53 points... NOW!! **nods**
    It's not that bad... Google Chrome 4.1.249.1045 (42898) scores 118/160.

Besides codec support, they are roughly equivalent in their HTML5 support.
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Flash will be killed by HTML5 long before it comes to Pre.
  10. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    This is one time when Palm and Apple fans should unite against Adobe and Flash. Everyone likes to take cheap shots at Apple for not allowing Flash. But the simple fact is no one has Flash working on a mainstream mobile device. It is a steaming pile of code that is not made either for mobile devices or touchscreens. There are much better ways to play games, watch videos, and get advertisements. No one should be rooting for Flash on a mobile device. Once your mobile processors start overheating and your batteries die a bad death and performance gets knocked back into the stone ages, we will all find that having Flash was worse than not having it.
    Not sure if you knew about Windows Mobile. Skyfire browser on Winmo 6.1 plays Flash just fineeeeee. I used it on my treo 800w about a year and half back. Not sure you know about Fennec , which is mobile browser from Mozilla. The Fennec does play flash on Nokia. Steve Jobs is a looser. He just want to get back to Adobe for not giving enough support on Macs back in the day. Instead he started talking "Bad Code". Wow, how come it is bad code Mr.Steve Magical Jobs when the thing runs on a billion computers without any issues ?. Oh wait a second it doesn't run well on Macs , so thats what this is , revenge.
    Guys have you read today's posting on Precentral.net?

http://www.precentral.net/adobe-ceo-...cond-half-2010

The way Adobe is going this thing won't be ready until 2011.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by gbp View Post
    Not sure if you knew about Windows Mobile. Skyfire browser on Winmo 6.1 plays Flash just fineeeeee. I used it on my treo 800w about a year and half back. Not sure you know about Fennec , which is mobile browser from Mozilla. The Fennec does play flash on Nokia. Steve Jobs is a looser. He just want to get back to Adobe for not giving enough support on Macs back in the day. Instead he started talking "Bad Code". Wow, how come it is bad code Mr.Steve Magical Jobs when the thing runs on a billion computers without any issues ?. Oh wait a second it doesn't run well on Macs , so thats what this is , revenge.
    Thing is Skyfire browser itself doesn't use Flash Plugin. It's their own server rendering then sending you screenshots.

Other than playing videos like that, every other aspect of Skyfire sucks. I used it on both Symbian and Windows Mobile.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Thing is Skyfire browser itself doesn't use Flash Plugin. It's their own server rendering then sending you screenshots.

Other than playing videos like that, every other aspect of Skyfire sucks. I used it on both Symbian and Windows Mobile.
    Sure , its server side , but least it was better than having none. I did it on HTC Touch it was crap in the beginning , but they improved with latest release. I still pay with it on my 800w.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts

Check out the date, oct 09? WTH?

Can't wait for this though or can I...
    I think everyone here and the mother has seen this numerous times
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Then i guess this is a noobie post. lol
    It was from the year 3009. That's when it will be available.
    When I see it on my phone, it will be out. They just updated and said second half of 2010. This reporter is going to get slammed. Again!!! And he deserves it.
    Last edited by Finally Pre; 04/17/2010 at 09:36 PM.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Misinformed/******** reporters. Gotta love them. I just cant wait for flash. People say that its going to be a memory hog, or that it's out the door as html5 steps in... I don't care. I just want my adultswim.com