Page 165 of 233 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155160161162163164165166167168169170 175 215 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 4649
    I'd be happy to see to released, eventually.

Before that day, I'll just convince my self that it's "Flash Nukem Forever"

A close second to "Dukes to go Forever"

This is one time when Palm and Apple fans should unite against Adobe and Flash. Everyone likes to take cheap shots at Apple for not allowing Flash. But the simple fact is no one has Flash working on a mainstream mobile device. It is a steaming pile of code that is not made either for mobile devices or touchscreens. There are much better ways to play games, watch videos, and get advertisements. No one should be rooting for Flash on a mobile device. Once your mobile processors start overheating and your batteries die a bad death and performance gets knocked back into the stone ages, we will all find that having Flash was worse than not having it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    This is one time when Palm and Apple fans should unite against Adobe and Flash. Everyone likes to take cheap shots at Apple for not allowing Flash. But the simple fact is no one has Flash working on a mainstream mobile device. It is a steaming pile of code that is not made either for mobile devices or touchscreens. There are much better ways to play games, watch videos, and get advertisements. No one should be rooting for Flash on a mobile device. Once your mobile processors start overheating and your batteries die a bad death and performance gets knocked back into the stone ages, we will all find that having Flash was worse than not having it.
    Someone's a little emotional over Flash Well I guess it's a good thing that it's just a plugin and people who feel strongly that their "batteries are going to die a bad death" can opt not to install the plugin but it would be interesting to see how it actually performs and if there's any problems with it I'm sure updates and or patches might help smooth out the kinks.

Lets see what Adobe comes out with before we start bashing something that none of us have any experience with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    Everyone's big question is WHEN?
    Sounds like May/June....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Once your mobile processors start overheating and your batteries die a bad death and performance gets knocked back into the stone ages, we will all find that having Flash was worse than not having it.
    You're quite the naysayer, aren't you?

Personally I plan on leaving my overclock patch running full speed at 800 MHz, with no cpu scaling, load up a long Flash video to play, and then sit back and enjoy it. Plus, I'd bet my last dollar that my temp never exceeds 42 C while I watch the video!

TTB

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Last edited by TopTongueBarry; 04/14/2010 at 12:04 AM.
    This is one time when Palm and Apple fans should unite against Adobe and Flash.
    Oh, my, no thanks. I'll not unite with Apple fans against anyone else. Hell, I'd first unite with Google fans against Apple, and that's saying a lot--I can't stand Google, either.

On a more serious note, I think that getting Flash running on mobile devices will be a heck of an accomplishment. And Adobe is making some serious headway in resolving its performance issues on the desktop. If Flash gives way to HTML5, which is very, very limited comparatively, I'll be disappointed.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by crownanddrpepper View Post
    that would be so funny if it was true
    I'd be beyond funny!
    sorry to be a wet blanket, but can you provide the email headers?
    I suspect when Flash is released everyone who overclocks will burn their processors out watching trailers.

I quietly await this day with an evil glee in the back of my mind.

I leave you this. A clue and warning. Short and sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by blatherdrift View Post
    I suspect when Flash is released everyone who overclocks will burn their processors out watching trailers.

I quietly await this day with an evil glee in the back of my mind.

I leave you this. A clue and warning. Short and sweet.
    I don't so much want to watch trailers as be able to access restaurant websites...

To my eternal chagrin, whenever I try to look up a restaurant's menu (something I do often... on account of my girlfriend being wayyy to picky about food), it's always a flash website...
    thanks for the information. I applaud users who seem to be contacting developers seeking information, as well as keeping them "in the know" regarding the potential for the webOS platform.
    I think Adobe is delaying the flash to make sure all kinks are fixed before release. I think Flash will revolutionize WebOS and Android platforms and as such Adobe is under heavy pressure from Palm and Google to make it "perfect". For if they fail that would prove Steve Jobs right about flash and that would be a huge downfall for Adobe. They can't afford to have that happen. So just give them time people. End result will be worth it.
    That's not true! Nokia Smartphones do have flash lite for years now! It works ok, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    I would think a mouseover control would be auto sensed by double clicking the Flash window to full view. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to play nearly any of the games that Adobe keeps touting you can play. Besides, I'm pretty sure Hulu won't let you run it on the Pre, as has been mentioned in several articles. Here's hoping that since the Pre's browser doesn't look like a mobile device to most webpages, that someone can make a PCspoof patch much like the iPhone spoof patch so that Hulu won't block it.
    Wouldn't hover work on the Pre the same way hover works with Javascript menus and whatnot within webpages now?

I suppose it could be an issue in games if timing is necessary. But for other types of Flash content, that hover method should be fine...
    That's just it, the code they are working on is code specifically designed for mobile devices, and designed to improve battery use, heat, speed and reliability on a mobile device.

I don't understand why anyone would rail against a company trying to work to get it done. I can understand not particularly caring, but being against it?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would rail against a company trying to work to get it done. I can understand not particularly caring, but being against it?
    Look at who you are talking about. I think we know why he is against it.
    Whatever the case, I am holding out hope that we will get flash in a condition that is bug free, and works the way it was ment to. I have a list of sites, that use flash of course, that I am awaiting to try out.
    While waiting for flash, does anyone know if/when palm will support HTML5?
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    (yawn) - by the time it comes out, I'll be bored of this phone (already bored actually) and looking for the next best thing.. -m
    Quote Originally Posted by revyloution View Post
    While waiting for flash, does anyone know if/when palm will support HTML5?
    I thought it already did. Vimeo works fine.