Page 161 of 233 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151156157158159160161162163164165166 171 211 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,220 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Again: Flash is not a standard, no matter how 'widely accepted' it is. Get over it. Try using something other than a Windows machine and your 'appreciation' for Flash will quickly dwindle.
    Why the hell would you use anything other than a windows OS on a PC? Thats ******** its like purposely handicapping yourself.
    Again: Flash is not a standard, no matter how 'widely accepted' it is. Get over it. Try using something other than a Windows machine and your 'appreciation' for Flash will quickly dwindle.
    Personally, I hate Flash. But it's still a necessary evil. It's just way too embedded on the internet, even on sites that don't require it; I'm sure we've all seen sites that use it for the entire site's navigation, for example.
    I've always felt Adobe was a slow bulky company which leads the way with Photoshop but kinda ignores most of its other products unless they can charge $500+ for it. And I think the Acrobat Reader is the worst program I have ever had to deal with.

Flash will be nice, and HTML5 will be a sufficient browser-based replacement, but neither are really designed for Mobile, to the extent they should be, if mobile traffic continues to increase at the current rate I'd be interested who develops the actual solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I think the Acrobat Reader is the worst program I have ever had to deal with.
    Honestly, I stopped using the official Adobe Reader a long time ago, in favor of Bluebeam PDF Revu. Not only does it have the annotation capabilities I need on my tablet, it's an all-out better product than even the full version of Acrobat, and only cost me something like $30 for an educational license (unfortunately, that price has gone up since though).
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric1987 View Post
    Why the hell would you use anything other than a windows OS on a PC? Thats ******** its like purposely handicapping yourself.
    If windows was not such a POS resource hog and actually allowed the freedom and complete control of a PC I 'own' then I would agree here. its actually the complete opposite of what you wrote. your handicapped into using a pc OS that has been 'dumbed down' and handicapped to make it more user friendly. I will take any *nix system over windows. flash has plugins for just about all the pc linux os systems right now. i cant tell you how many times firefox stopped responding due to flash regardless of windows or linux machines thought.
    see you just dont know what your talking about. I actually use a macbook. Flash does fine on it. Flash is a cpu hog on Mac however, b.c APPLE BARELY SUPPORTS IT. if it was optimized you bet your *** it would be a lot better.
    Ok figured it out. Flash will come out May 5th 2010. Adobe has 5 letters and Flash has 5 letters and it will be version 10. That is 5/5/10. Still don't believe ok check out this. Adobe in order of alphabet is 1+4+15+2+5=27 subtract 2 from 7 and you get 5. Flash is 6+12+1+19+8=46 the number between 4 and 6 is 5. Tada there you have it.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    You must be a LOST fan
    Yup
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    i was surfing around the internet and just happened to find this:

im unable to post links yet...but the website says:
    Things just suck for Adobe these days. Not only will Apple's refusal of Flash technology hurt their business, but they can't seem to get a proper plugin for the Palm Pre and webOS, which has been promised for months now. We are told that the plugin that was supposed to be available in December, then January, then February, then March and then April won't be available in the near future.

Adobe can make up any excuses they want. The fact is that Flash technology is way too buggy for mobile devices. The few developers who had access to Flash on the Pre have said that it not only eats away battery life very fast, but often causes the Pre to do a complete reset.

Los Angeles industry analyst Paul Mueller thinks that Adobe Flash will be just like Mariah Carey in another year: irrelevant and replaced. Other technologies such as HTML 5 are replacing Flash on different websites. You have to give Adobe credit though: Flash was fun while it lasted.

i am hoping this isnt true
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Somebody has Waaayyy too much time on their hands.
    108...its 108!!!!

lol
    hey I think I saw this in another thread .
    haha
    Make sure you put in a smoke monster for good measure or something. Just to trip people up.
    Last edited by zealster; 04/13/2010 at 02:22 AM. Reason: mistake
    you should start a religion
    I wouldn't doubt it that it taxes the system big time. Even looking at my modern desktop rig active flash stuff routinely eats up a good chunk of cpu power. However, I don't see flash going anywhere any time soon. At least not within the next 5 years.
    you've been watching too many post-comedy jim carrey movies.
    I found this to be very entertaining and hilarious!!!