Page 160 of 233 FirstFirst ... 60 110 150155156157158159160161162163164165 170 210 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 4649

I guess were all going to be waiting even longer for the WehbOS Fash-Player.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11295-LA-G...in-near-future

(((Things just suck for Adobe these days. Not only will Apple's refusal of*Flash technology hurt their business, but they can't seem to get a proper plugin for the Palm Pre and webOS, which has been promised for months now. We are told that the plugin that was supposed to be available in December, then January, then February, then March and then April won't be available in the near future.
    Adobe can make up any excuses they want. The fact is that Flash technology is way too buggy for mobile devices. The few developers who had access to Flash on the Pre have said that it not only eats away battery life very fast, but often causes the Pre to do a complete reset.
    Los Angeles industry analyst Paul Mueller thinks that Adobe Flash will be just like Mariah Carey in another year: irrelevant and replaced. Other technologies such as HTML 5 are replacing Flash on different websites. You have to give Adobe credit though: Flash was fun while it lasted.)))

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

This was already posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This was already posted.
    I had looked and didn't see it posted. Oh well, at leasts it's posted.

I guess this is why the Flash-Player hasn't been out yet, because Adobe never really planned on offering the player in the first place. I would still rather have a buggy Flash-Player, then no player at all.

So if the people over at Adobe are reading this thread, then ((Please Release The Beta For All Of Us To Try! Who Cares If It Has Problems; That Is What Beta-Apps Are Like. Please, Please Oh Please Offer The Adobe Player For The WebOS Soon. It Has Been Over A Year Since You First Announced The Player!))

wuts the point of this article? everyone knew they had sum issues orelse it would have been released by now. HTML 5 is just a pipe dream by apple. Flash is too widely accepted already.
    t they wanna protect their app store, but it's gonna bite them in the end though. flash ='s millions of free apps, games, etc. it also brings phones closer to parity with internet on pc. html5 is gonna take a while to catch on. iphone+pad is gonna make it's adoption faster but not that fast enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
    wuts the point of this article? everyone knew they had sum issues orelse it would have been released by now. HTML 5 is just a pipe dream by apple. Flash is too widely accepted already.
    I know, I agree with your points. Why not just offer us the Adobe Flash-Player right now, because the alternatives are not all that widely accepted yet. So let us use Flash, and then worry about offering something better later. Flash is used all over the world; so it makes more since to still with that software.

I'm just so sick and tired of waiting! Whether the player is buggy, or doen't work as well as it could; Adobe should still let us use it. Offer the player, then fix the issues as they come along.

Quote Originally Posted by bruba View Post
    I don't like any rumors about cancellation of flash for webOS either, but seriously, Adobe isn't going anywhere.

The people talking about HTML5 and how it's suddenly gonna take over the web don't know what they're talking about..
    If HTML5 was just a pipe dream it wouldn't be a W3C standard. Come talk to me when Flash becomes a standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    well i guess we know now why flash was cancelled.

1.4.1 the last update? ever?
    Dang!! Beat me to it.

However there are several Open Source projects working on flash right now. Chief amongst them is the Gnash project hosted by Gnu, you can see it here;
    Gnash - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)

I am not a fan of flash on mobile devices due to the highly inefficient coding which tends to cause processors to work overtime and thus reduce battery life. The Gnash project looks to be quite decent, maybe they can come up with a better engine that won't kill kill batteries.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    so sad to see palm get bought. I hope the buyer actually promotes webos instead of canning it.
    otherwise there's definitely no flash for us
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkguy View Post
    so sad to see palm get bought. I hope the buyer actually promotes webos instead of canning it.
    otherwise there's definitely no flash for us
    ? - uh flash will come from adobe - right -
    I'm a noob what's flash ? You mean like on a computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    well i guess we know now why flash was cancelled.

1.4.1 the last update? ever?
    Why is everyone freaking out about Flash getting cancelled? The article OP linked to doesn't even say that. Besides, it's written by some random guy on some random site. It will be more believeable if this story hits Engadget or some other more credible site...
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    What exactly are they 'taking' here? Flash will never make it to the iPhone due to Apple's choice. It's not as if they're being neglected by Adobe, so this doesn't toy with Apple's emotions the least bit.

Just saying.
    Did I say Flash will make it to iPhone? "take that" is an expression. If you don't know it, look it up.

I personally think that Flash will leave HTML5 and Apple in the dust once released. Seen some benchmark tests comparing Flash to HTML5 and HTML5 has a LONG way to catch up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Why is everyone freaking out about Flash getting cancelled? The article OP linked to doesn't even say that. Besides, it's written by some random guy on some random site. It will be more believeable if this story hits Engadget or some other more credible site...

Agreed
    man its like pouring salt on a wound you can see but never touch...
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    If HTML5 was just a pipe dream it wouldn't be a W3C standard. Come talk to me when Flash becomes a standard.
    i dont give a **** what is or is not a W3C standard. Flash is overwhelmingly accepted. with almost 90%+ penetration i think their sitting happy right now. Flash is less of a cpu hog on pcs than html. Html has way to many problems right now.

IF it becomes better later on than GREAT. BUT RIGHT NOW FLASH IS THE STANDARD!
    Flash is less of a cpu hog on pcs than html. Html has way to many problems right now.

what?
    i dont give a **** what is or is not a W3C standard. Flash is overwhelmingly accepted. with almost 90%+ penetration i think their sitting happy right now. Flash is less of a cpu hog on pcs than html. Html has way to many problems right now.

IF it becomes better later on than GREAT. BUT RIGHT NOW FLASH IS THE STANDARD!
    Again: Flash is not a standard, no matter how 'widely accepted' it is. Get over it. Try using something other than a Windows machine and your 'appreciation' for Flash will quickly dwindle.