Page 16 of 233 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666116 ... LastLast
    There should be a toggle switch for flash. There's one for javascript, so why not have one for flash?
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    There should be a toggle switch for flash. There's one for javascript, so why not have one for flash?
    There is an option to change ringtones but not change the notification for emails or SMS

But yeah, I'd assume for flash there would be one, but assumptions aren't always correct.
    I'm more worried about performance the browser already chugs and stutters enough on even simple pages much less with flash on. Palm has a lot of work to do.
    Will Palm or Adobe release this in BETA first?

I just hope it's done seemlessly without an adverse affect on battery life and browsing speeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I'm more worried about performance the browser already chugs and stutters enough on even simple pages much less with flash on. Palm has a lot of work to do.
    Nothing a software fix can't handle Plus I'm kinda concerned about this too. I mean granted, it didn't look all too well on the Android phones, because we all know that HTC likes minimal stuff at a high $. So hopefully it will be custom built for the pre, there's a lot of money and development that went into this platform. And when there's flash platforms for the Pre, there's games and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by neelesh View Post
    I know when I used skyfire on my ppc, the battery life was less than if I used opera mini since opera does not have flash, so I was curious. With flash 10 coming on our phones, which means we can view all the videoes/everything on the websites, is this going to have a adverse affect on our battery lives?
    Last I checked Skyfire didn't actually run any web code on your phone. Skyfire is a proxy based software. Basically Skyfire's servers are running your page and sending you an image, kinda like a remote desktop connection. Skyfire requires a constant data connection, and that is what's killing your battery not processing.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Flash is a memory and cpu trasher, that will eat up battery and not connections
    I think the best solution is an extra battery. Lol! Flash will rule... Newgrounds.com on my Pre= SWEET!!!
    I actually rather not having Flash ported. Adobe to this day has never let users control the behavior of the plugin. Want to see videos, you'll have to accept banners. Look, it's a free giveaway so that Adobe can profit from authoring tools used for advertising. No free lunch.

No user has any interest in banners, and interactive Flash apps are not common or essential to most users. All we really need is to be able to view Flash video, which unfortunately has taken over as the default player on many sites. Maybe Palm will be smart enough to allow users to click on Flash content they want to see, much as Flash Block does. I know I will not accept Flash if I won't be able to selectively control where it plays.

In my opinion, if we could just wait a bit longer, sites will move away from Flash precisely because they need to serve mobile users.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Adobe to this day has never let users control the behavior of the plugin.
    Not to mention Flash Cookies get around most privacy settings in your browser.

I second the desire for something like Flash Block. Especially on a mobile device, where those animated ads are taking up bandwidth.
    Quote Originally Posted by bones456 View Post
    Another question about this. I just tried to access a site and it said that I needed Flash, but also to turn on Java Script. Do we have to wait for an app. For the Java Script as well or is this somethinf we already have?
    WebOS is written in javascript, HTML and CSS, so the phone supports javascript out of the box, no need to turn it on. The error message you received was probably a generic one, designed to display the same thing if you didn't have both javascript AND Flash support. Once Flash comes to the Pre, your website should work.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Is there anyway to view flash videos, or site built on Flash on the PRE?
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gtbii View Post
    Is there anyway to view flash videos, or site built on Flash on the PRE?
    No.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Adobe has plans to release flash lite for mobile in the fall (October-ish I think) and Palm is one of the companies that will use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cderekg72 View Post
    Adobe has plans to release flash lite for mobile in the fall (October-ish I think) and Palm is one of the companies that will use it.
    I am not sure if this will be built into the brower (would be very hot) or if it will be a stand alone program sort of like the youtube app.

Honestly, I see flash gaming to be the new hot spot for mobile devices. I know Newgrounds.com — Everything, By Everyone has tons and tons of games that just rock all over the place.
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I am not sure if this will be built into the brower (would be very hot) or if it will be a stand alone program sort of like the youtube app.

Honestly, I see flash gaming to be the new hot spot for mobile devices. I know Newgrounds.com — Everything, By Everyone has tons and tons of games that just rock all over the place.
    To the best of my knowledge, I think it will integrate with the browser.

OP - Try search! It's a wonderful thing! This topic has had it's run many, many times.
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I cant wait for them to do this
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I downloaded a bunch of programs from Goggle links. Either they didn't work or my anti-virus went crazy with warnings. Here's hoping someone might recommend a FLV to MP4 (or other Pre supported format) converter. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerbe View Post
    I downloaded a bunch of programs from Goggle links. Either they didn't work or my anti-virus went crazy with warnings. Here's hoping someone might recommend a FLV to MP4 (or other Pre supported format) converter. Thanks.
    Realplayer can convert to mp4's for the iphone which should work on the Pre.
    Or you can upload the vids to youtube, and just load them up from the youtube player.