Page 153 of 233 FirstFirst ... 53103143148149150151152153154155156157158163203 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 4649
    Well, it's a first gen so we'll have to see... 1st gen iphone was a limited smartphone or whatever you wanna call it... and it has evolved to what it is and changed the world forever

i think it is helping in some ways... one is the huge push to bring html5 content from these content providers helps if they are also viewable now on the pre... flash is a resource hog and more sites that will use html and reduce the amount of flash being used has to help in battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    i highly dissagree with this statement, ipad currently can't do half the things laptops can, will there be a market of course, will it stop people from using laptops i doubt it.

unless they make a tablet of similar quality that can do what a laptop can. Ex: one with windows7 would be awesome.

otherwise, i doubt people will bend over backwards to replace their laptops just so they can be limited to what they can do on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    Too bad Vimeo's content sucks, and "I believe the iPad will be to laptops what the iPod was to Walkman's. ." has to be one of the most idiotic things I've read. Only a real n00b would say something like that.
    this.
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    ...I believe the iPad will be to laptops what the iPod was to Walkman's...
    Umm.. what are you smoking? The limited Ipad will NEVER replace a laptop EVER EVER EVER. You are nuts thinking that. The Ipod replaced a walkman because it held 10000 times the entertainment, was smaller, had random access to data, was digital, etc. etc. etc..

The Ipad with it's weeny little CPU and lack of file structure won't ever replace a laptop- it's a device for people who DONT want a laptop.
    Handspring Visor with Sprint Springboard - Treo 270 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Iphone 3gs
    >The limited Ipad will NEVER replace a laptop EVER EVER EVER. You are nuts thinking that. >

I remember the same statement made about the mouse "never, ever, ever" catching on.

When will techies learn? NEVER say never!
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    >The limited Ipad will NEVER replace a laptop EVER EVER EVER. You are nuts thinking that. >

I remember the same statement made about the mouse "never, ever, ever" catching on.

When will techies learn? NEVER say never!
    The difference is that the mouse actually added a new layer of productivity to a newly emerging 2D world in Computing.

The iCrap...er...iPad, does nothing but take technology already available in different devices and bring it into 1 device. And then proceed to castrate the ability and usability of most of said devices.
    Well Adobe just released the Flash 10.1 (RC) candidate for computers today. Perhaps this is a good sign for the mobile version coming soon?
    Looks like Adobe just released Flash 10.1(RC) for computers today. Perhaps this means the mobile version is around the corner?

>continues to not hold breath<

At least its a good sign that things are progressing.

Engadget article

(I didn't see anyone else post this, sorry if I missed it)
    I truly can't figure out why anyone would want one. But, Apple is the only company that can hold off Flash and force the HTML5 strategy on the rest of the industry (sort of like the way Microsoft did to Adobe Post Script...)

Anyone know if webOS can/will support HTML-5? I'm betting that Apple will win that fight. Same thing they did with MP3 sales, forcing all songs to be 99 cents, etc.

I don't buy their stuff, but I also don't bet against them when they take a stand...

Back to the iPad, this is the funniest thread about names for the iPad... enjoy:

Woot: The Community: World of Woot: iSThatAllThereIs? Rejected Names for the iPad
    Wishful Thinking.
    yup.
    Its amazing how fed up with flash we all are...why the hell did they announce it ssoooo early on?!?!?lol
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I wonder if they'll release it on the 8th to try and steal some of the iPhone OS4 thunder...
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    And still no x64 support !! Talk about getting behind ! thorne
    It's out of beta now, though there own notes still say the first half of 2010, I hope that we get it soon!

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/f...leasenotes.pdf
    I'm not sure how to break this to you...
  16. wnk
    Nappy, LOL!
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    PC 10.1 not webOS....
    Drove 3 hours to buy my Palm Pre on day one.
    I know just the release candidate, maybe I was not clear, just exciting that they are getting the releases out and hopefully everything lands soon...
    And we've been waiting all this time for a beta plug-in for webOS. I don't expect a shipping version until closer to 2011.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    The release candidate is for desktops...