Page 150 of 233 FirstFirst ... 50100140145146147148149150151152153154155160200 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 4649
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I've been hearing about Flash this and Flash that for mobile phones since I bought my Pre last Sept.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbPreCommenter View Post

Openness doesn't, however guarantee success but with the other technology giants (Apple and Google) backing it, and advocating it's adoption, "Open" might win.
    Seems to me Google is backing Adobe...

Browser Wars Get a Boost with Google-Adobe Partnership - PCWorld
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Ok I'm sorry..But this def means that flash is coming soon!
    I actually think its farther away because of this ad. Its more of a "we can do it it will be here sometime this year" type thing.
    I am no longer a part of the Pre Central Community.
    Quote Originally Posted by PookiePrancer View Post
    If Steve Jobs has decreed that Flash is finished, then its days are numbered; it's that simple. Sorry Adobe.
    In the begging Steve Jobs said.. let there be no Flash.. and there was no Flash.. and it was good.

Please... give me a break.
    Adobe keeps saying first half of 2010. Guess they have 2 more months to get this out before falling behind schedule. Really would be nice if Palm could get it first. I think it would be a huge boost for the WebOS platform.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris_C3 View Post
    I actually think its farther away because of this ad. Its more of a "we can do it it will be here sometime this year" type thing.
    +1
    I hate to say it but I am beginning to feel bad for Apple owners. Many of them are and will be just plain stuck.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    In the begging Steve Jobs said.. let there be no Flash.. and there was no Flash.. and it was good.

Please... give me a break.
    Oh I know Mine was a sarcastic comment to show how entire industries are bending over and having their butts handed to them because of what Apple is doing or where it's headed. Look at the Amazon debacle. So Steve doesn't like Adobe, he doesn't like Flash, and everyone's gonna jump to html5 (which so far hasn't proven to be any more efficient), just to be seen on Apple's latest gizmo. We don't really care 'cause our devices can handle both formats, but it's sad that one man can drive such change.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevee10001 View Post
    if you think that the ipad will become a widely used device you have got it wrong wrong wrong!
    I would really love to hear your reasoning behind that. Are you a technology analyst by any chance? you know someone who researches how much demand there is for a product and how much it will sell?

Because all those people who you know..do actual research and what not and are normally right all have it selling a good few million by the end of the year.

You must be really naive to thing the ipad wont sell
    it won't sale as much as they think...even iphone users are against it and don't find it "all that" they prefer a laptop or their iphone/touch
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I liked the part when he changed the color of the shoes. When will this dream become a reality? Update: So I just signed up to participate in youtube's html5 preview. the quality is alot more grainy then flash, although html5 loads the video completely at once, no more waiting for the video to load, love that. Can't use fullscreen with html5 and it wont work on firefox but not having to wait for the loading is something I think we can agree is key. So if the ipad does blow up it will bring html5 with it. either way, pre will be capable to view both formats.
    Last edited by double1; 04/04/2010 at 02:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Adobe just put out an ad, "one web, any screen"

You can obviously see the Pre in there about 10 times. Visions of the future.
    But I'm also looking forward to html5. HTML5 is being developed in part because Apple is refusing to jump on the flash bandwagon and is saying we can do this without you flash. In your browser(not firefox ) open
    YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    and test it out what do you guys think? Better, worse, the same?
    I like that there is no more waiting for the video to load. with html5 the entire video is loaded before the screen shows the video (a few seconds).
    What I like about flash is that it is the standard and is everywhere.
    Bring both to the Pre and lets get this party started!
    Last edited by double1; 04/04/2010 at 06:39 PM. Reason: http://html5gallery.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by stevee10001 View Post
    if you think that the ipad will become a widely used device you have got it wrong wrong wrong!
    700,000 units sold on launch day, that's much much more than the first iPhone. I'd say it's very well on its way to becoming a "widley used device."
    If websites refuse to use HTML5 they will lose traffic simple as that. Apple makes top of the line hardware no other company can compare, they have an ecosystem that can't be messed with, and people buy from them because its hot, slick, and easy to use. Getting HTML5 up helps phones too so they kill two birds with one stone. Flash would be nice but come on, its been out this long (like 1996 I think) and it still hasn't been perfected for phone use. Adobe had their chance.

And for people that think this thing won't sell extremely well, wait and see what happens when it gets international and the 3G is available. I for one want the 3G but think about it like this. I have a grandmother, she has no wifi, let alone knows what it means, doesn't know much about computers, loves to read, has thousands of pictures, likes to stay in contact with friends and family. This device does all of that well for her and gives her internet when and if she needs it on a no-contract policy. There has never been an internet contract like this before, sure you kind of pay for it with the high initial cost but in the end its still worth it.
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Go to
    HTML5 Gallery | A showcase of sites using HTML5 markup
    from your phone. There are 400 websites with html5. I know it's not the same thing as flash, but it's a peek at the future.
    I got the Wifi version and use it with my Sprint Overdrive... to simply put it, major win.
    I find it amazing that people can decry and be against HTML5 when HTML5 means sites like Vimeo can provide streaming video on the Pre right now.
    "Buy a Hyundai Equus, Get an iPad"

I am too new to post links, but you can find this on insideline dot com.

It looks like one car company is betting on the iPad succeeding; they are giving away one free with every purchase and loading it to ensure customers can schedule appointments via the iPad.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    I like that our palm logo was one of the last to be shown
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    think we'll see more b/c of the ipad?
    The ipad will be alot better when the new ones come out...