Page 149 of 233 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139144145146147148149150151152153154 159 199 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 4649
    So to add more nails to Apples coffin, Adobe posts an ad that shows every important device we know and love ( indeed the palm pre, about 4 or 5 times) running flash. its a nice ad and just goes to show that we picked the right company to support. They use the Title "One Web, One Screen", except apple, I like it!

Click Here Adobe Shows Off Flash Running On Mobile Phones [Video Released From Adobe On iPad Shows Promotes "One Web", Shows Flash On Palm & Android Devices] TFTS – Technology, Gadgets & Curiosities
    Ok I'm sorry..But this def means that flash is coming soon!
    apples coffin? i lold. This will in no way stop people from moving over to html 5 and why should we be bothered, we get both as pre owners
    It will be YEARS before HTML5 is a widely used web standard. Until then Flash will dominate, and even the Apple Cultists won't be able to ignore the fact that they don't have it.
    When tho! WHEN!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Quote Originally Posted by idontwan2know View Post
    It will be YEARS before HTML5 is a widely used web standard. Until then Flash will dominate, and even the Apple Cultists won't be able to ignore the fact that they don't have it.
    yes, but any website that wants all that traffic from ipad owners..which is most...are making html5 specific sites.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Nice ad. Palm was in there several times.

Hope we get it real soon.
    all that traffic from ipad owners? Umm we are not talkin mobile phones here buddy windows tablets dominate macs with consumers...apple won't win this war if their plan is to rely on HTML5 trumping Flash anytime soon! A phone without full flash support ok...i can live with that since no phone has full flash supoort currently...a tablet pc with no flash support...oh hecks no! That's a deal breaker for me! And I'm sure even the apple ******* are gonna be hurt by the lack of flash
    That was very enlightening, and cool.
    is this on YT? I'm on my pre
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsamphex View Post
    is this on YT? I'm on my pre
    Here:

I'm excited...u can't tell cause I'm typing, but I am!
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Issey_phresh View Post
    all that traffic from ipad owners? Umm we are not talkin mobile phones here buddy windows tablets dominate macs with consumers...apple won't win this war if their plan is to rely on HTML5 trumping Flash anytime soon!
    In case you haven't been keeping up with the tech news, most major web sites are either in the process or have already launched iPad-specific views of their content. I personally think that the iPad is a 21st century Edsel, but it will probably go down in history as the device that pushed the deployment of HTML5 faster than anyone could have imagined. Either way, we as WebOS users win, since we (will soon) have both!

As for the war, Abobe must feel threatened enough by Apple's HTML5 snowball if they feel it necessary to pay for commercials to tout Flash.....
    If Steve Jobs has decreed that Flash is finished, then its days are numbered; it's that simple. Sorry Adobe.
    the problem with adobe is that they take forever to do anything and that is why hopefully flash will just go away
    The ad is quite compelling.

We should still all realize that Flash is a proprietary platform and now running against an "Open" standard, HTML5 might be a losing game.

Flash might very well need another strategy that acknowledges that HTML5's open-ness.

Openness doesn't, however guarantee success but with the other technology giants (Apple and Google) backing it, and advocating it's adoption, "Open" might win.

I will be surprised if Palm isn't readying it's HTML5 support however they choose t implement it.
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    the problem with adobe is that they take forever to do anything and that is why hopefully flash will just go away
    They take forever and then release a mediocre product. C'mon HTML5!
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    yes, but any website that wants all that traffic from ipad owners..which is most...are making html5 specific sites.
    if you think that the ipad will become a widely used device you have got it wrong wrong wrong!
    UK PRE USER
    That is a great ad. Love IZ's singing on the video:

Last edited by BobKy; 04/04/2010 at 10:33 AM.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    The funny thing is, Adobe Flash is currently the standard....