Page 148 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4898138143144145146147148149150151152153158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    dude, I did this early in the morning. I was the first!
    still not funny haha.
    This signature for rent
    I fell for this early this morning, and again just now. fml!
    Quote Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
    I fell for this early this morning, and again just now. fml!
    seriously??? well, i killed 2 birds with 1 stone
    I don't understand why everyone got mad about this, seriously it was Aprils fools day, did you guys really thought that no one was going to do it, especially for the very much anticipated flash, get real guys it was just a joke.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Although having Flash is a good thing, I recently did a test and turned off Flash in my browser preferences. I have to say the the overall web surfing experience is a lot nicer without Flash. I really don't like the video stuff,and it is nice to have all the distracting advertisements go away. It even seems that pages are faster and there are many less slow downs. You should try it for yourself.

I'm not saying that Flash isn't necessary, but the ideal solution is to be able to turn it on and off on demand like you can with a browser like Camino on MacOS. I couldn't find a way to disable Flash on FireFox or even on Safari which seemed weird. Looks like I'mback to Camino as my default browser.

I sure hope the webOS browser has a way to disable off Flash.

Are there other browsers that let you turn Flash on and off one demand?
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    why cant we just have a beta version of it already, why!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    Although having Flash is a good thing, I recently did a test and turned off Flash in my browser preferences. I have to say the the overall web surfing experience is a lot nicer without Flash. I really don't like the video stuff,and it is nice to have all the distracting advertisements go away. It even seems that pages are faster and there are many less slow downs. You should try it for yourself.

I'm not saying that Flash isn't necessary, but the ideal solution is to be able to turn it on and off on demand like you can with a browser like Camino on MacOS. I couldn't find a way to disable Flash on FireFox or even on Safari which seemed weird. Looks like I'mback to Camino as my default browser.

I sure hope the webOS browser has a way to disable off Flash.

Are there other browsers that let you turn Flash on and off one demand?

For me, overall, I hate Adobe and Flash. I get sick of the giant banners with people speaking in them. I hate web sites where I can't download a pic, because it's completely made out of Flash. I hate how Abobe, like so many other Internet companies, has made it so in order to view the Good Content (Videos, Movies, Some-Sites, Ect); that we also have to have to put up with the junk that Flash brings (Banners, Pop-Up's, Ect).

So while I don't like Abode, I still want the Player in order to view the Content of the Web. I too just wonder if it will be worth it.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Check out Flashblock for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbennett View Post
    Check out Flashblock for Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/433
    Thanks.Workls almost identical to Camino now.
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Dear Adobe -

Please get off your collective ***** and release Flash for WebOS.

If it's not ready for mass consumption yet, make it ready for mass consumption - dedicate the appropriate resources to it.

This release timeline is obscene: your cooperation in this matter could greatly revive an old Silicon Valley giant, and a good potential partner for future business.

Sincerely,

Shalghamz.
    Not that it'll make a difference, put did you send a copy to Adobe or are you waiting for them to come here to read it?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    shalghamz

---Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says, "Make me feel important." Not only will you succeed in sales, you will succeed in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    shalghamz

What are you getting at, boy genius?
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shalghamz View Post
    Dear Adobe -

Please get off your collective ***** and release Flash for WebOS.
    Great topic for one of the webOS Software and Chat Forums (not Pre specific).
    While just about everyone is waiting on flash for the Pre, I don't think this letter does much. Everyone does not like Adobe's time-line including me. But I'm sure Adobe is working on this. And I'm sure the networks are not looking forward to this and demanding Adobe release it, as it's going to do nothing but encourage much more usage. Just hold on and after the first half of 2010 is over, if it hasn't released like they said, then we'll talk.
    I don't get all the fuss over flash for the WebOS... I mean how many more adds can you take... they are already in most app's and web pages regardless of flash... With flash being only for the browser, that just means we will get random pop ups on our phone from cookies we didn't clear of cache that becomes active after being dormant all week.

THE ONLY THING I THINK ALL OF YOU WANT FLASH FOR IS ADULT CONTENT...
    16 Candles, The Breakfast Club SB, Friday SB, App Catalog Fix, Palm Pre/Pixi - USB Modem, TMC Workaround, SCRIM Changing OTF

The fastest way to install Preware on your WebOS device.
    Put your device in Developer mode.
    From your PC download the Preware installer from http://get.preware.org
    Run the Preware installer while the WebOS device is connected with the USB cable to your PC.
    Vualla Preware is installed.]
    Mayonnaise!
    re; demetry14 ... you are sad ... tv links, news links, lastfm etc etc
    The BBC News videos are all Flash. Not to mention Farmtown...