Page 143 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4393133138139140141142143144145146147148153193 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,860 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    i just checked, and you are correct. However, the EVO has been demo'd with it running, so I suspect it should be out soon for android, and hopefully WebOS and the Pre.
    I think we've seen just about every major smartphone(sans-iPhone) demo'd with Flash 10.1. Certain phones like Nexus One have been able to get an early beta Flash 10.1 build via a leaked HTC Desire(EU version of N1) Although the Desire hasn't hit the market yet, and I'm guessing that maybe the retail ROM won't have Flash 10.1 either.

Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Not entirely true, it is available however. I'm running a 2.1 ROM with Flash 10.1.
    Via a hack of the HTC Desire ROM correct? Hence, not retail version, also who knows how old that build might be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $Droid$ $and$ $N1$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $it$. $Android$ $2$.$1$ $just$ $does$ $what$ $1$.$4$.$0$ $did$ $for$ $us$, $supply$ $framework$ $for$ $Flash$ $10$.$1$ $to$ $be$ $released$ $later$ $this$ $year$.
    I believe they also have Flash Lite 3 installed by default, besides having the framework of Flash 10.1.
    I think the Evo has been confirmed as running Flash Lite 4, same as the Desire. It's an updated version of what is currently on the HTC Hero, and supposedly way better.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I may be missing something here, but why are people jumping up and down about Flash? I'm not sure what I would "miss" Flash even on a full browser -- not to mention the mini screens on phones. The most common video formats are YouTube -- right? Are we talking about games, advertisements, goofy welcome screens, what am I going to miss without Flash? Heck I hate going to those web sites to read an article just to find there is just a video.

Is this a case of the iPhone and iPad can't do it, so it must be really important. I was reading about the dude at HP talking about how the iPad was going to be serving up a watered down version of the web. Again, what am I missing?

Im waiting for flash because I want to use a Flash trading application so I can watch trades on the go. Its the one thing lacking on the pre. WM and Iphone both had apps for FX trading. There is only one FX app on the Palm and its terrible. Im hoping the Flash plugin will be able to run the web based trading app. Its only a simple flash app. Fingers crossed!
    ___
    Have already Pre-ordered my Nintendo Pre 2
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I may be missing something here, but why are people jumping up and down about Flash? I'm not sure what I would "miss" Flash even on a full browser -- not to mention the mini screens on phones. The most common video formats are YouTube -- right? Are we talking about games, advertisements, goofy welcome screens, what am I going to miss without Flash? Heck I hate going to those web sites to read an article just to find there is just a video.

Is this a case of the iPhone and iPad can't do it, so it must be really important. I was reading about the dude at HP talking about how the iPad was going to be serving up a watered down version of the web. Again, what am I missing?
    Remove Flash from your PC for a week. If you spent any decent amount of time on the web you'll notice.

Also, "The most common video formats are YouTube"??
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    saturday....
    ...I heard yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Not entirely true, it is available however. I'm running a 2.1 ROM with Flash 10.1.
    Does the 10.1 flash you have installed on your phone run hardware accelerated video?
    Adobe probably stopped wasting money developing flash for the pre since the pre doesn't hold enough market share to make it profitable for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I'm still thinking that Palm is working on resolving the memory issues introduced with 1.4, and that Flash won't be out until 1.4.1 is released. I'm still hoping we'll see the update yet this week, meaning by my logic Flash could be released very soon.

Of course, my basic premise could be wrong...
    most likely. if the pre gets the TMC error with just 2 browser cards open (or even 1 sometimes) w/o flash....how will it run with FLASH taking all its memory as well.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
  10. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayo View Post
    I hate to say it, but I almost see why Apple may not have wanted anything to do with Adobe so far as flash is concerned, they're flaky!
    Apple want nothing to do with Flash because it disrupts their business model and opens up a doorway in their Walled Garden of apps.
    also remember that Flash lite has been around on WinMo for a looooong time. It's likely much easier to port something that already exists than make something from scratch.
    It appears to me everyone is missing it. Weeks ago they showed a you tube video of it actually working on the Pre. They already have it guys. They don't want to release it. If they do release it on Thursday don't download. It might be a joke.
    My understanding is that Adobe can not release Flash for WebOS until DataViz releases Docs2Go. DataViz can't release Docs2Go until Shazam releases on WebOS. Shazam can't release on WebOS until Palm releases the microphone API. Palm can't release the microphone API until they release new hardware. Palm can't release new hardware until AT&T has sold 213,429 units. AT&T can't sell 213,429 units until Adobe releases Flash for WebOS.

... I'll step away from the keyboard for a while now....
    Go Stig!!!
    ^^ brain... just... 'sploded.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    My understanding is that Adobe can not release Flash for WebOS until DataViz releases Docs2Go. DataViz can't release Docs2Go until Shazam releases on WebOS. Shazam can't release on WebOS until Palm releases the microphone API. Palm can't release the microphone API until they release new hardware. Palm can't release new hardware until AT&T has sold 213,429 units. AT&T can't sell 213,429 units until Adobe releases Flash for WebOS.

... I'll step away from the keyboard for a while now....
    I think you should go for a loooooooooong sleep now^^
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    ^^ brain... just... 'sploded.
    Sorry about that. I'll buy you a new one next time I'm out in the 'burbs.
    April Fools!
    Quote Originally Posted by louis6279 View Post
    April Fools!
    Urrrrrrrrghhhhhh pos...sob!