Page 142 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4292132137138139140141142143144145146147152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 4649
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I hate to say it, but I almost see why Apple may not have wanted anything to do with Adobe so far as flash is concerned, they're flaky!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    This is one of the reasons Steve Jobs doesn't get along with the guys at Adobe... they both have the F-U attitude. The 'when its ready - its ready' way of support is why Adobe isn't the sweetheart of the ball they were years ago... and why they **** heads with some big companies.

But.. just my 2 cents (1 cent Canadian).
    Exactly. That is why I'm happy that websites that use Flash but want to cater to the Ipad and Iphone crowd are beginning to implement HTML 5 video. The more sites that do that, the less people will become beholden to Adobe's 'when it's ready it'll be ready' attitude.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Okay, I thought this confusion had been resolved awhile ago. The "1st half of 2010" date is for the release of the shipping Flash code. What we're all waiting for is the beta Flash plug-in that was mentioned during CES and that Palm had previously said would be released prior to the end of 2009.

The only timing we have for said beta Flash plug-in is from Palm, and in a word: "soon."
    Palm has nothing to do with when Adobe will release the plug-in. That is an Adobe issue. All Palm did was establish the needed link in the 1.4 release.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I had a guy from Adobe come to my university last week, and someone asked him when flash was coming out for the pre, and all he could say was "I don't know, next question". Seems like they don't even know when they want to release it
    Time to switch from Lightroom to Aperture, Adobe's site licensing program is nightmare/joke.
    Adobe wants to release Flash for Blackberry and Pre at the same time and they are having issues with Blackberry.
    The only thing Adobe has done right is Photoshop.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFunny View Post
    Adobe wants to release Flash for Blackberry and Pre at the same time and they are having issues with Blackberry.

Then why did they already release it for other phones??

Why cant they just release the palm version?
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    The only thing Adobe has done right is Photoshop.
    Not that i'm a big fan of adobe.. but if Adobe sucks so hard, then why is everyone use it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChilinMichael View Post
    Of course, they are more interested in getting their $500+ software such as Photoshop done so they can make a killing. Flash doesn't make them jack.
    Flash does make them money.

They have the flash viewer so widely distributed because people paid Adobe hundreds of dollars for the Flash development software that allows them to make flash objects.

If nothing else, this should increase their revenue because now people can make things for mobile devices and Adobe can charge them for the ability to do it.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I may be missing something here, but why are people jumping up and down about Flash? I'm not sure what I would "miss" Flash even on a full browser -- not to mention the mini screens on phones. The most common video formats are YouTube -- right? Are we talking about games, advertisements, goofy welcome screens, what am I going to miss without Flash? Heck I hate going to those web sites to read an article just to find there is just a video.

Is this a case of the iPhone and iPad can't do it, so it must be really important. I was reading about the dude at HP talking about how the iPad was going to be serving up a watered down version of the web. Again, what am I missing?
    Pilot Pro -> Pilot Vx -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680 -> Pre -> Pixi Plus -> Pre2 + TouchPad -> BB 9930 -> Pre3+ Playbook
    Verizon -> Cingular -> ATT -> Sprint -> Verizon -> ATT
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Why did Adobe release flash for the HD2?

I read that they were waiting on the blackberry to be resolved. If its here for the HD2 then it should be here for the palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    Why did Adobe release flash for the HD2?

I read that they were waiting on the blackberry to be resolved. If its here for the HD2 then it should be here for the palm!
    WinMo 6.5 has been out of a while and builds on WinMo 6 which has been out for years. I believe they have Flash 7 currently available.

The only other phones have have it are some of the current android phones. The Droid and N1 have it, and the EVO will have it.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    The Droid and N1 have it, and the EVO will have it.

Thats my point, if they can have it, why cant the pre?
    No idea. The Pre is capable of it, but Adobe hasn't released it. Considering this: Chrome brings Flash Player into the fold, trains it to kill iPads? -- Engadget

I expect android to have very tight integration with flash from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    The only other phones have have it are some of the current android phones. The Droid and N1 have it, and the EVO will have it.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $Droid$ $and$ $N1$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $it$. $Android$ $2$.$1$ $just$ $does$ $what$ $1$.$4$.$0$ $did$ $for$ $us$, $supply$ $framework$ $for$ $Flash$ $10$.$1$ $to$ $be$ $released$ $later$ $this$ $year$.
    i just checked, and you are correct. However, the EVO has been demo'd with it running, so I suspect it should be out soon for android, and hopefully WebOS and the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $Droid$ $and$ $N1$ $don$'$t$ $have$ $it$. $Android$ $2$.$1$ $just$ $does$ $what$ $1$.$4$.$0$ $did$ $for$ $us$, $supply$ $framework$ $for$ $Flash$ $10$.$1$ $to$ $be$ $released$ $later$ $this$ $year$.
    Not entirely true, it is available however. I'm running a 2.1 ROM with Flash 10.1.
    wow, i didn't even know that the HD2 had flash, I need to stop living under a rock lol
    I'm still thinking that Palm is working on resolving the memory issues introduced with 1.4, and that Flash won't be out until 1.4.1 is released. I'm still hoping we'll see the update yet this week, meaning by my logic Flash could be released very soon.

Of course, my basic premise could be wrong...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic