Page 14 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 24 64 114 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 4649
  1. #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by TR30 View Post
    Oh, snap. And by Mannyman. My bad.

    Thread close, plzkthx.
  2. #262  
    Quote Originally Posted by ananimus View Post
    Oh, snap. And by Mannyman. My bad.

    Thread close, plzkthx.
    It's all good.
  3. #263  
    Don't see why it shouldn't work. We are talking about displaying much smaller images than on a desktop version.
  4. enjoyingsilence
    enjoyingsilence's Avatar
    #264  
    According to this article

    Flash 10 for smartphone beta coming this October

    the 2 OS' that weren't included in "last count" were RIM and iPhone OS. It surprises me RIM isn't on that list.

    edit: and if Adobe can do flash, Microsoft can do silverlight. I want silverlight for my Pre. So I can watch netflix movies over the air.
  5. Fishous's Avatar
    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    #265  
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    ...
    edit: and if Adobe can do flash, Microsoft can do silverlight. I want silverlight for my Pre. So I can watch netflix movies over the air.
    Er, well, porting code to run on another platform is not always that easy.
    Mike Dixon
    Software Developer
  6. enjoyingsilence
    enjoyingsilence's Avatar
    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    Er, well, porting code to run on another platform is not always that easy.
    I never said it was "easy" by definition. however.
    Microsoft ported silverlight to OSX. Microsoft employs a litany of developers, programmers, and minions. OSX = microsoft's biggest competitor.

    They have the resources to do it, no doubt.

    the trade off is - is there interest, that makes the Pre & WebOS worth the port?

    see this wiki: works are underway to bring silverligh to symbian and windows mobile. and open source projects are underway to bring it to linux. it can be done.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Silverlight
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    That's the whole idea of the new mobile version of Flash. To get Flash to run on mobile phones without killing them - load wise.
    Doesn't hurt to make it even faster.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

    It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

    Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
  8. #268  
    i'm torn... love it, but at the same t ime, don't want mobile flash web ads w/o adblock =(
  9. #269  
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    I never said it was "easy" by definition. however.
    Microsoft ported silverlight to OSX. Microsoft employs a litany of developers, programmers, and minions. OSX = microsoft's biggest competitor.

    They have the resources to do it, no doubt.

    the trade off is - is there interest, that makes the Pre & WebOS worth the port?

    see this wiki: works are underway to bring silverligh to symbian and windows mobile. and open source projects are underway to bring it to linux. it can be done.

    Microsoft Silverlight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I would never go by what wiki says.....as it has been reported(wish I had the link to the report) that Adobe wants to completely do away with Silverlight. They want a full functional flash for mobile phones.

    Now will Apple eventually get a form of flash? Most likely. But my feeling is that it will be a very waterdowned, or strictly handicapped version....for if Iphones had full flash it would pretty much go into direct competition with the app market.
  10. enjoyingsilence
    enjoyingsilence's Avatar
    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    I would never go by what wiki says.....as it has been reported(wish I had the link to the report) that Adobe wants to completely do away with Silverlight. They want a full functional flash for mobile phones.

    Now will Apple eventually get a form of flash? Most likely. But my feeling is that it will be a very waterdowned, or strictly handicapped version....for if Iphones had full flash it would pretty much go into direct competition with the app market.
    To be honest *and blunt*, I could care less if silverlight goes away, as long as netflix adopts flash And it works on my phone.. Catch my drift? edit: I'd like to add, silverlight is a heck of a lot easier to code for than flash, due to it's inherent integration and compliance with HTML 5. Flash is a pain.

    Also, it's possible that the "full version" of flash (if you can call it that at the moment) that WebOS is slated to get, could compete with our own app store.

    As for RIM not getting it, or at least, not on the announcement/partner list: personally, their java-based os is possibly not efficient enough to handle it, lol.
  11. davemex's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    #271  
    I seriously hope they optimize it a little more than it was running in the video at Flash Player 10 beta coming to most smartphones this fall | Crave - CNET

    I'm not sure if it was the actual content that runs that choppy or the app, but it looked pretty bad. It would completely hinder the ability to watch an actual video.

    (Not trying to be negative here, just making an observation)
  12. grubish's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #272  
    Do we really want to promote mobile porn? Come on, this was not designed for this and shouldnt be used as such. Im sure the warranty doesnt cover waht will inevitably happen...
  13. #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by enjoyingsilence View Post
    According to this article

    Flash 10 for smartphone beta coming this October

    the 2 OS' that weren't included in "last count" were RIM and iPhone OS. It surprises me RIM isn't on that list.
    Yeah, I hadn't thought of RIM at the time. But is the BlackBerry market really interested in Flash?

    Quote Originally Posted by titansluvpre View Post
    as it has been reported(wish I had the link to the report) that Adobe wants to completely do away with Silverlight. They want a full functional flash for mobile phones.
    How could Adobe do away with Microsoft Silverlight?

    I don't code for either, but some of my code monkey friends have suggested that Silverlight seems to run leaner and cleaner than bloated ole Flash. MS's a bit behind the ball on yet another tech, but I always wanted to see them succeed in the hopes the competition would get Adobe to whittle down the Flash bloat.
  14. #274  
    If it's a business phone flash might be a must soon, most of the major BI vendors are all porting their apps to flash. Panorama, Cognos, SystemBuilders, etc, they all have parts of their apps converted now. But yeah i agree with all the banners and crap you get with normal browsing it kind of sucks, sure you can disable flash on the phone if you want so shouldn't be a biggie for those that don't want it.
  15. #275  
    Quote Originally Posted by bones456 View Post
    Another question about this. I just tried to access a site and it said that I needed Flash, but also to turn on Java Script. Do we have to wait for an app. For the Java Script as well or is this somethinf we already have?
    Pull out your old Treo and install Kinoma - Radio Video Player.

    I'm thinking of putting a new "Pre" screen on my Treo!
  16. #276  
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Flash available for android, winmo, and WebOS
    When I read the title of this thread I was big time excited but then I clicked it. Good news to be sure but just not as good as was suggested by the title.
  17. #277  
    I wish I could. This is my first venture away from nextel, so no old Treo for me. Thanks anyway.
  18. #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by davemex View Post
    I seriously hope they optimize it a little more than it was running in the video at Flash Player 10 beta coming to most smartphones this fall | Crave - CNET

    I'm not sure if it was the actual content that runs that choppy or the app, but it looked pretty bad. It would completely hinder the ability to watch an actual video.

    (Not trying to be negative here, just making an observation)
    It didn't seem choppy at all to me. Maybe your internet connection was/is having issues? Or maybe you just need to see the source video.
    d u d e _ s t u d i o s
    Besides the demo shows it on an Android phone, proven to be much slower than the Pre...
    Last edited by Mannyman; 06/23/2009 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typo
  19. #279  
    Here is a video with Adrian Ludwig from Adobe demoing websites with Flash on the HTC Hero (Android)

    HTC Hero: The first Android device with Flash | Adobe Developer Connection
  20. #280  
    So, the Hero has a multi-touch screen also -- I had not caught that yet. Not a bad demo vid.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions