Page 139 of 233 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129134135136137138139140141142143144 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 4649
    Theoretically anything you can view in your browser (with the exception of Hulu).
    I would hope so as there would be absolutely no reason to have Flash otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by nbmatt View Post
    I would hope so as there would be absolutely no reason to have Flash otherwise.
    Hope so in regards to what exactly?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    what do you mean with the exception of hulu?.. Will I be able to play hulu videos on the pre with flash?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyb226 View Post
    what do you mean with the exception of hulu?.. Will I be able to play hulu videos on the pre with flash?
    No. Hulu blocks all mobile devices.
    Presumably you will be able to play/watch all flash media, however it will be 10 more difficult than you can on your desktop considering key aspects of flash applications that use the simple "hover over with mouse" to play the game. Will be interesting how flash 10.1 will implement these applications on our phones.
    I wonder if it will also include a standalone player so we can create SWF apps....
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiperla View Post
    I wonder if it will also include a standalone player so we can create SWF apps....
    Probably not, pretty sure Palm already stated that flash is browser only, and not for apps.

Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    you do not know that for sure. Hulu just might work over wifi or both.
    I doubt it... Hulu likes to block things, sometimes just for the hell of it.
    on the flash demo video hulu would not play, so I would say no to hulu working when the plugin is released.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    you do not know that for sure. Hulu just might work over wifi or both.
    nope im pretty sure i saw a video of them demoing flash on the pre and made specific not that hulu would absolutely not work... sorry
    I think what can't you do with flash is a better question. Adobe on the WebOs is going to allow you to do so much more. Adobe is a solid company that offers solid products and I am glad to hear they are on board with Palm.
    watch Justin.tv and ATDHE.net
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Hope so in regards to what exactly?
    Watch videos, listen to music, and play games (on whatever sites don't already block non-computers). I was implying that if webOS' version of Flash didn't have the ability to watch videos or listen to music it would be useless, as Flash-based websites are a stupid idea (unless it's very elaborate, but that brings up the obvious speed issue they will no doubt find).
    We'll be able to watch Palmcast on tuesday nights from the Pre!
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    No. Hulu blocks all mobile devices.
    I'm seeing into the future "theres a patch for that"
    I really hope someone figures out a way to get around the whole "hulu-hates-mobiles" thing. I mean we have so many smart people programming for this OS. In fact I'm not even gonna worry about it....I'm confident someone will make it work.....I think
    I'm sure part of the holdup is that Adobe has to figure out how they're going to handle the numerous sites that mobile Flash has no business in. An example of what I'm referring to are the sites that are almost completely run with Flash that are very graphic intensive.

No mobile phone should be expected to be able to handle every Flash content a PC can.
    I'm not able to post links yet, but Adobe has a notification form for when Flash is avail. (just remove the spaces)

http s://w ww. adobe .com/ cfusion/entitlement/index.cfm?e=labs_flashplayer10_signup
    Looks like they pushed it back too.
    I remember going to the adobe page on the pre and it said first quarter of 2010.
    Now it says the first half of 2010.
    If the only one who knows the truth about a terrible secret is unaware they hold the answer to a mystery that could mean life or death.
    The search for the key leads to the most dangerous place in the world, the human mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I'm seeing into the future "theres a patch for that"
    Or something like hotspot shield!works for hulu for me.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers