Page 137 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3787127132133134135136137138139140141142147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 4649
    That was definitely the best demo of Flash I've seen yet, thanks for the link.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    That was definitely the best demo of Flash I've seen yet, thanks for the link.
    Agreed. Definitely looking forward to it still.
  3. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I was under the impression that flash elements will only load when you double tap them. That seems like a better implementation all the crap ads on the web. Plus, this video, the flash content seems to be playing somewhat slower than other videos. Maybe this is an older build?
    still need to see how much battery life it uses :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Superjudge View Post
    Flash will get released during the last month of Palm's existence so I'm thinking July.

Back to square one.
    Just a thought since the m.adobe.com site is live that it would make me think that they are close to a release of the plugin? Other thoughts? Also, my gut tells me that the delay was so they could to a release across all platforms? Which I still hope the PRE gets the first release honors for aleast a couple days?

Just my thoughts.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Just a thought since the m.adobe.com site is live that it would make me think that they are close to a release of the plugin? Other thoughts? Also, my gut tells me that the delay was so they could to a release across all platforms? Which I still hope the PRE gets the first release honors for aleast a couple days?

Just my thoughts.

CaliMark (Mark Reed)

I would have to agree. Hope we are right about this. I say next week at the latest.

R-
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    I believe.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Awesome video, I'm siked for Flash on the Pre!
    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    still need to see how much battery life it uses :/
    All of it.
    Nice, I watched the video and it's really cool. I'm tired of all these demo videos though, its pretty much waving a carrot in my face and telling me to fetch it.
    I haven't seen this mentioned in other posts, but shouldn't the Flash 10.1 release for WebOS (or other mobile devices) correspond to the release for Flash 10.1 in general. The desktop/netbook version is still in beta as well.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    yeah just watched it, was pretty good. palm should be advertising flash in a way that iphone advertises calls and net usage. maybe if they get in your face, like the dems have done, they might be able to pull themselves out.
    The one promised for the Pre is a beta.
    And no, not really. Desktop browsers aren't WebKit, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Flash$ $for$ $mobile$ $HTML$ $browsers$ $is$ $somewhat$ $different$.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    And no, not really. Desktop browsers aren't WebKit, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $Flash$ $for$ $mobile$ $HTML$ $browsers$ $is$ $somewhat$ $different$.
    WebKit isn't a factor with flash. Everything dealing with webkit and the browser was taken care of with Palm, and was not necessarily Adobe's concern.

But you are right, they are vary different in many ways, but I imagine that adobe and their open screen project will attempt to get them both on actual release versions together.
    Quote Originally Posted by fussnfeathers View Post
    Safari and Google Chrome are both webkit based browsers. Flash however, is a plugin so it just needs some sort of plugin support.

There is a 10.1 beta version out, but its not exactly the same. They added some new features such as GPU acceleration on certain hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    Safari and Google Chrome are both webkit based browsers. Flash however, is a plugin so it just needs some sort of plugin support.

There is a 10.1 beta version out, but its not exactly the same. They added some new features such as GPU acceleration on certain hardware.
    Ah yeah, I forget Safari's WebKit. Chrome, I've been steadfastly avoiding.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    My uneducated guess is that on March 31st we could see flash 10 come to our devices along with an update to fix issues with 1.4. It only makes sense as this is the date for the release of international paid apps.

If I recall correctly when paid apps came out in the US, there was an update that allowed the entering of CC info. I can't see them releasing a fix for 1.4 and then a few days later another patch for international access paid apps.

What do you think? Yes, no?
    Possible, but my skin is already cyan from holding my breath so many times before. I'll only believe it when it's downloaded and installed.