Page 131 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3181121126127128129130131132133134135136141181231 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,620 of 4649
  1. #2601  
    not to question your story but I'm willing to bet the rep you talked with misspoke. The release will come from adobe via the app catalog. it's not an OS update so sprint (or Verizon for that matter) has no bearing on when it will be released. Until we get a release date there isn't really a delay anyway.
  2. #2602  
    boohoo.
  3. #2603  
    Meh, I'm not surprised or even care... we get it when we get it....I've given up on Flash release dates. I thought the purpose of a beta was to test it out at the risk that you know its not a full version and that there will be bugs...

    Oh well...
  4. #2604  
    I have a feeling there's a pretty substantial 1.4.1 in the works, and I'm guessing we'll get it by the end of March (or very soon thereafter). Given the memory issues in 1.4, I'm glad they're waiting. The last thing we need is a Flash plug-in that brings down the rest of the OS.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  5. #2605  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Thanks, but this has been discussed here ad naseum for a while now.
    what's your point don't reply if you don't like it
  6. #2606  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    not to question your story but I'm willing to bet the rep you talked with misspoke. The release will come from ado
    be via the app catalog. it's not an OS update so sprint (or Verizon for that matter) has no bearing on when it will be released. Until we get a release date there isn't really a delay anyway.
    she didn't say it was sprint she said that the phone itself needed updated software and such that is the reason for the delay
  7. #2607  
    that was my point exactly that we needed more updates for it to work beta or not and btw thank you for not being rude like some of the people around here I appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I have a feeling there's a pretty substantial 1.4.1 in the works, and I'm guessing we'll get it by the end of March (or very soon thereafter). Given the memory issues in 1.4, I'm glad they're waiting. The last thing we need is a Flash plug-in that brings down the rest of the OS.
  8. #2608  
    but palms chaneglog for 1.4 specifically says it has the setup for flash. Palm even said at GDC that they were waiting on adobe. An x.x.1 update will be for bug fixes, not to allow flash support. The sprint rep is blowing smoke.
  9. #2609  
    Sprint is saying that they'll have to be another WebOS update so it plays nice with flash. Turns out 1.4 wasn't completely flash ready. Then flash will hit the app store.
    The Saint
  10. #2610  
    Unfortunately calling Sprint customer care and getting an accurate or even knowledgeable answer is is almost zilch. I'm sure you're accurately reporting what you were told, but it's unlikely they knew what they were talking about.
  11. BrianHal's Avatar
    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    #2611  
    A Sprint Rep told me that the Instinct doesnt work on 3G. LOL
  12. #2612  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    but palms chaneglog for 1.4 specifically says it has the setup for flash. Palm even said at GDC that they were waiting on adobe. An x.x.1 update will be for bug fixes, not to allow flash support. The sprint rep is blowing smoke.
    I'm thinking that 1.4 could have introduced bugs that have subsequently been found to hamper performance of the Flash plug-in. Just because they added the plumbing doesn't mean they haven't found some problems with it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  13. #2613  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I'm thinking that 1.4 could have introduced bugs that have subsequently been found to hamper performance of the Flash plug-in. Just because they added the plumbing doesn't mean they haven't found some problems with it.
    touché

    I still find it unlikely that a call center sprint rep has inside information.
  14. #2614  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I'm thinking that 1.4 could have introduced bugs that have subsequently been found to hamper performance of the Flash plug-in. Just because they added the plumbing doesn't mean they haven't found some problems with it.
    Uh oh. Hope they haven't spawned an endless loop of Palm and Adobe breaking each other's stuff.

    What if Adobe had it ready in October like they said, but 1.2.1 broke it, then they fixed it, but 1.3.1 re-broke it, then 1.3.5...

    That could get messy.
  15. #2615  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    touché

    I still find it unlikely that a call center sprint rep has inside information.
    They have a better help database, that's about it. Some tech reps might possibly have a scoop, I know I'd take one call on something at the answering service I worked for, get an answer from the actual client the problem applied to, and my memory is pretty good. So yeah, unlikely they all have detailed info, but one or two active full-time reps that handle more calls probably have more than entry level guys.
  16. #2616  
    I did call center tech support for Nextel during the sprint acquisition. Unless they've changed things drastically an entry level tech will have no real inside information, especially considering most of it if not all of it is outsourced to a third party company.
  17. vreihen's Avatar
    Posts
    495 Posts
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    #2617  
    Sounds to me like the Sprint rep was giving you old info, and the update in question is really 1.4.0.....
  18. #2618  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I did call center tech support for Nextel during the sprint acquisition. Unless they've changed things drastically an entry level tech will have no real inside information, especially considering most of it if not all of it is outsourced to a third party company.
    Probably not. There was a whole lot that went through my job that I never knew about, wasn't any of my business. A you do make friends along the way, though, if you've been there awhile.
  19. #2619  
    Quote Originally Posted by chadking View Post
    FYI I just got of the phone with sprint customer care and they said that there where some technical issues with the release of flash for sprint pre they pulled it for now they said it will be out but they have to put out some more phone updates first that's all I know which really sucks
    tech support is the last place you should go for word on future development. Their job is to help you make current products work, and nothing more.

    The Adobe site still says 1st have of 2010. I tale that to mean that it will be available on June 37th or June 45th. give or take a week (or two).
  20. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #2620  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    tech support is the last place you should go for word on future development. Their job is to help you make current products work, and nothing more.

    The Adobe site still says 1st have of 2010. I tale that to mean that it will be available on June 37th or June 45th. give or take a week (or two).
    June 37th or 45th? That gave me a good laugh.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions