Page 13 of 233 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363113 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Just because Adobe will be done with it in October, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll see it then. Remember Palm and Sprint have to do their testing and tweaking which could mean later then October. And then we have to wait for an OTA update which might delay it even further if they want to include other things they're working on.
    right now, the pre browser doesn't even display the screenshot of the flash video embedded object placeholder. it's just a blank space. i hope palm does have it working by october, but i'll just wait patiently. IDWID.

@mrkalel not trying to be negative. just realistic. i'd hate to see the boards flame up oct 1st when people are hollering why things aren't out, and this and that. i'll just patiently wait for whatever palm can deliver when they deliver it.
    Having the phone do Flash to stream sporting events on sites like JustinTV and UStream....

....just, wow.
    Sweet!
    this is a giant step for the Pre... something Apple neglected to address, now it'll bite them in the ***.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    LOL....

I posted it on my FB status...and the fanboys started trickling in.

"I'll have fun with my millions of apps..."

"The phone can do most of these things, they just have to be jailbroken"

"I can stream baseball on my phone through the new 3.0 update"

Yada, yada yada.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I'll look for the link tomorrow when I'm on my laptop, but it was linked here and believe on cnet that the ceo of adobe said they were working on a special version for the iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    adobe said they were working on a special version for the iPhone.
    Translation: crippled

To be followed by the version for Verizon that requires a per minute usage fee.

Joe
    They have been saying that it is just around the corner for over a year now.
    Flash on iPhone is just around the corner | Gear LiveNote this was Feb 11,2008.

Here is an article where they say adobe and apple are working together.
    Confirmed: Apple and Adobe Collaborating on iPhone Flash

Kevin Lynch, Adobe's chief technology officer in a June 3rd article says
    Mr. Lynch says Adobe has engineering teams dedicated to working on each major smart phone. In the case of the iPhone, the hold up isn't entirely technical. "We need to have Apple's agreement before we can do it," he says. Apple and RIM declined to comment.
    Adobe Strives to Crack the Smart-Phone Market - WSJ.com

Analysts say one reason for Apple's reluctance to embrace Flash is that phone makers differentiate themselves based on the software that runs on their devices. If a game is only available on the iPhone, for instance, that might convince someone to buy the device. As a result, it may be in the interests of Apple and RIM to keep Flash off their gadgets
    Quote Originally Posted by natrixgli View Post
    Great, flashing banners and popups on your phone. Just what you need!

-n8
    Hopefully we can get a lite version of AdBlock Plus. Then we'd be a rockin.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Running Flash on the iphone is a huge threat to the app store cash cow and would be way too OPEN for apple.

IMHO
    I agree with this and I believe a lot of people miss this point. Having flash on the iPhone really could cause quite a bit of damage to Apple's appstore ecosystem. I mean seriously...why would anyone buy any one of the 35,000 fart apps in the Appstore when they could just use a flash version for free? hehe

Seriously though....Do you guys have an iphone, ipod touch, or have a friend that has one? Is it just me or does it really seem that some folks seem to enjoy the hunt for good apps more than the apps themselves? I don't know a single person that has more than 4 pages of apps on the iPhone (including the apple apps) but I will admit, even on my iPod touch...there is just something about looking through tons of apps looking for a diamond in the rough.

With that being said, running Hulu on my Pre would be amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by alundre View Post
    Seriously though....Do you guys have an iphone, ipod touch, or have a friend that has one? Is it just me or does it really seem that some folks seem to enjoy the hunt for good apps more than the apps themselves? I don't know a single person that has more than 4 pages of apps on the iPhone (including the apple apps) but I will admit, even on my iPod touch...there is just something about looking through tons of apps looking for a diamond in the rough.
    Just 30 percent of people who buy an iPhone application actually use it the day after it was purchased, according to Pinch Media, which analyzed over 30 million downloads from Apple's App Store. And the numbers plunge from there: after 20 days, less than 5 percent of those who downloaded an application are actively using it. The drop-off is worse for free applications.
    Most iPhone applications gathering dust | Apple - CNET News
    Just caught this over at WMExperts (PreCentral.net sis site)
    http://www.wmexperts.com/adobe-flash...coming-october

Announced at the Adobe Earnings call is most major mobile platforms (except one *cough, iPhone, cough*...) are getting Flash 10 beta come October, webOS included.

Yay, I contributed something despite being still stuck with my Mogul until... zomg... November 1st! Score.

I'm sure Dieter'll serve this up in the AM, but for us night owls, cheers!
    Last edited by ananimus; 06/23/2009 at 02:18 AM. Reason: typo
    Palm better optimize the OS and browser before then or everything will be crawling with flash enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Palm better optimize the OS and browser before then or everything will be crawling with flash enabled.
    I've run Flash 7 on my Mogul (400 MHz ARM, 64 MB RAM). I'd be surprised if the Pre's hardware can't handle 10 with ease though it may need to be the only card for seamlessness, whatever the jibes about the OS.
    this is awesome news!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    That's the whole idea of the new mobile version of Flash. To get Flash to run on mobile phones without killing them - load wise.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    What a beautiful thing that is! I assume Adobe will take care of most of the optimization as it considers the platform use. Surely they won't launch a uber-power hungry browser support on a mobile platform. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by jmichaelb722 View Post
    What a beautiful thing that is! I assume Adobe will take care of most of the optimization as it considers the platform use. Surely they won't launch a uber-power hungry browser support on a mobile platform. Right?
    Keep dreaming. It may be more streamlined than a desktop version getting a half *** port but if you think it will run without noticeable performance hits you are nuts.

As it stands the Pre has frame rate stutters with just the book marks open at times much less trying to run full flash. Palm has a lot of work to do with its browser as evidence by recent speed tests with other devices.
    Great news indeed.
    Already mentioned earlier today...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-october.html