Page 122 of 233 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112117118119120121122123124125126127 132 172 222 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 4649
    Well remember Palm is done putting the required configuration in the phone, and we're simply waiting on Adobe, who could probably care less wither or not palm is going to be at a gaming conference this week, or is going to be releasing a PDK next.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    we're simply waiting on Adobe
    Not exactly...

Palm and Adobe are likely working together to ensure full functionality. It was enabled in 1.4 so that it can be released without an additional webOS update. The more platforms Adobe has Flash on, the more revenue and press it receives. It is in their best interest to get it out while Apple poo poos it.
    Bottomline: When Adobe decides to release Flash it'll be released. Just don't get your hopes up that it's coming in the next two weeks. Adobe has given themselves alot of leeway in releasing Flash for mobile going from early 2010 to the first half of 2010.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    I am at the point if it does it does. If they don't who cares.
    I'm with you on that. I totally lost interest and knew that it was going to be another 1H2010 BS. Adobe stated last year they would release a "beta" of it by the end of 2009 which didn't happen. At that point I knew that even 1.4 wasn't going to bring Flash either. Sorry to be negative, but the 1H2009 for the Pre release left a bitter taste in my mouth after months and months of rumors and speculation.
    ^That. I'm done being excited for release dates having to do with the pre. They never happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    I agree to a certain extent...

Flash right now may be a mute point but enabling it will have positive effects down the road. Applications (not just games) that can use Flash will greatly enhance the user experience and provide us with features and services that we have yet to see.
    It will also be a major advantage over the iPhone, because Apple doesn't want Flash on the iPhone. If they did, they would already have it, but it would require behavior that is not allowed by Apple for iPhone apps.

Flash will give Palm visibility, a competitive advantage, and the appearance of being a serious part of the smartphone market.
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy View Post
    Bottomline: When Adobe decides to release Flash it'll be released. Just don't get your hopes up that it's coming in the next two weeks. Adobe has given themselves alot of leeway in releasing Flash for mobile going from early 2010 to the first half of 2010.
    One thing that I really wish everyone would recognize is: we're talking about a beta Flash plug-in here. Certainly, nobody expects a non-beta release anytime soon, and when Adobe talks about "first half of 2010" release, that's what they're talking about.

Frankly, I'm surprised it hasn't been released already. Perhaps there will be a 1.4.1 to address what I believe is a memory leak issue with 1.4.0, and then the Flash plug-in will drop.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I am not holding my breath, but this week is the best time so far to release Fash on the Pre. The Game Dev Con is this week and we all know Flash is huge with games. Two, the Flash Dev Con (not sure how that is related to GDC) is TODAY.

To correct myself, it'd be best if Flash was already out, but since it's not, then this week, if not today, is a surprisingly close second.
  9. J0E
    lol at the rumors.

Personally I went on a website the other day: scilawns.com, which is a site for artificial turn in the Denver area (saw it on tv and was bored) and I got a phone pop up saying: "Content on this page requires a newer version of flash player, would you like to download it now?" I click OK and it takes me to the adobe page that says: "Adobe flash player 10.1 is coming to Palm WebOS in the first half of 2010." So until 2Q 2010 comes to a close I'm not going to get my hopes up.
    Honestly these days I am more interested in new hardware than Flash. Flash would be a great selling point for Palm, but new, awesome hardware would be a better selling point. I am still hoping that Modular is wrong (unlikely) about the Elan.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Flash would be nice. I just don't get my hopes up anymore. For all we know first half of 2010 means by next year?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Boggs3010 View Post
    I am at the point if it does it does. If they don't who cares.
    Is that how you feel about a Cubs World Series victory?

But I do agree, what's the point in speculating on when something is going to be released? I'd rather they have 99% of the bugs worked out before Beta testing since it seems everyone and their Mom are signed up for it. With so many testers in the ranks if it comes out and is incredibly buggy it's going to get a "buggy" reputation before it's even officially released.
    Last edited by Honis; 03/08/2010 at 01:55 PM. Reason: His avatar is of the MLB Chicago Cubs (in case it gets changed at any point to keep my post valid)
    Not that excited about it. If it shows up, it'll be nice but otherwise, not that a big a deal to me anymore.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    If palm doesn't fix 1.4 then flash going to bring more 'too many cards'
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKCACHU20 View Post
    Another week another flash rumor... sob... I mean yes it would be nice, and may even kick phone sales up, but they dragged it on to long for be exciting anymore. I'll just be happy when it comes....
    to all those that say they wont be excited ... i say youll be the first ones downloading it
    Getting bored with the whole Flash 10.1 idea and dates.
    IMO - Whatever. When it happens it happens. I'm not going to sit on the edge of my seat with bated breath anymore.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    to all those that say they wont be excited ... i say youll be the first ones downloading it
    Oh your absolutely correct, however, I won't be excited....
    It's kinda funny... you know that as soon as Flash is released, the same people who have been posting rants screaming for it for the past few months will be the same people who will immediately start posting rants screaming how bad Flash is and what a battery drain it is... ahh.. Definitely not the meaning of WebOS 'Synergy'.

Edit: My old English professor must be on the board correcting my use of the term Synergy. My joke has been changed as to get a passing grade in this thread.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/08/2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It's kinda funny... you know that as soon as Flash is released, the same people who have been posting rants screaming for it for the past few months will be the same people who will immediately start posting rants screaming how bad Flash is and what a battery drain it is... ahh.. I wonder if that is the true meaning of WebOS 'Synergy'.
    Now that's funny.....
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    It's kinda funny... you know that as soon as Flash is released, the same people who have been posting rants screaming for it for the past few months will be the same people who will immediately start posting rants screaming how bad Flash is and what a battery drain it is... ahh.. I wonder if that is the true meaning of WebOS 'Synergy'.
    Wiki - Synergy

A synergy is where different entities cooperate advantageously for a final outcome.

I guess you are correct than