Page 12 of 233 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172262112 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    So does this mean that with flash we can go to HULU and watch movies?????
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    The only thing better than Flash support would be to also support something like Flashblock, the Firefox extension that blocks Flash content unless you click on it. (You can also whitelist sites.) That way you choose which distracting items to spend bandwidth on, but can still see videos, etc.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preman View Post
    So does this mean that with flash we can go to HULU and watch movies?????
    That was my first thought.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by backslide View Post
    That was my first thought.
    I would yes but would love for someone to confirm.
    Yes, Skyfire on WM phones allows you to do this. It's great!

Great news!
    Jordan Mack
    webOS Chat
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Phenomenal!
    Phoneomenal!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maven1975 View Post
    Wow! No iPhone support? Interesting....
    I think adobe and apple are working on a special version for the iPhone.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    First of all - flash means more battery consumption. I really hope Palm goes the flash block route - flash is blocked by default and then you enable it by clicking on it.

As for hulu - biggest issue will be performance here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Phoneomenal!
    Ok so we are gonna go that route are we....

pre-digious
    i hope this doesn't make the phone even more sluggish than when pandora is running, and it won't suck the battery down that much more.
    This is GREAT news! I am surprised no mention of iphone support at all. I can't wait to watch Hulu, or cnn videos from my phone. sick!
    Just because Adobe will be done with it in October, that doesn't necessarily mean we'll see it then. Remember Palm and Sprint have to do their testing and tweaking which could mean later then October. And then we have to wait for an OTA update which might delay it even further if they want to include other things they're working on.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    greeeeeeeeeeeat!! thanx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I think adobe and apple are working on a special version for the iPhone.
    Running Flash on the iphone is a huge threat to the app store cash cow and would be way too OPEN for apple.

IMHO
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    yessssss
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Don't necessarily tie in flash with video. Flash is necessary on many sites just to be able to view them properly. I'm more concerned with that than videos.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    The reason why Flash will be a long time coming to the iphone is that it's effectively an application deployment mechanism. Apple wants people to use their (mac based) SDK, as well as tie people to the app store. Simply put: keeping Flash *off* the iphone means more revenue.
    Apple wants to control the entire ecosystem for their products, Flash would be a huge gaping hole in that system. Same goes for Java, and C#/mono.

Flash'es days are numbered anyway, HTML5 has nearly all the same functionality. audio, video, scripting, shapes, fonts, sprites, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Running Flash on the iphone is a huge threat to the app store cash cow and would be way too OPEN for apple.

IMHO
    Exactly. If there was a flash app on the phone you could download any of thousands of flash apps and games. I don't really care a ton about in-browser flash (ie: hulu) but a native flash app would mean easily porting over thousands of apps without the need for direct access to hardware. A real OS based on web standards.
    Global Posts
    828 Global Posts
    This really is great... But I just love the guys complaining about battery life, banner ads, and sluggish performance...
    Talk about Negative Nancy's.. Jesus.. you just can't please some people!
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
  20. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    RE: Hulu.

It seems like someone could make a dedicated app, a la the YouTube application, that doesn't require native flash support.