Page 117 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1767107112113114115116117118119120121122127167217 ... LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,340 of 4649
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    webOS 4? That alone makes it a crap article even if he isn't far from the truth on most of it.
    It's a good thing Flash will be free. We'll need the money to buy the 5 extra batteries it'll take to get through one day.
    The Saint
    The article is a joke I posted a comment blowing it away. Even I could write a better article then that piece of Sh!t.

-Toaster
    Good God............

Go complain about this to Adobe support. They're the ones that keep pushing it back. You're not doing a dang bit of good whining about it here.

That said, I DID start coming here for user support, company support is good, but Palm wouldn't advertise patches and unauthorized apps, nor tweaks and tips found by end users with time on their hands and more skill with a phone than I have. I am now leaving because of the constant bickering, *****ing, complaining, rudeness, general behaviour I'd have grounded my kids for if they'd pulled some of these stunts in public. Have fun, I'm gonna go enjoy my phone, be surprised and happy when new stuff is added, and generally act completely different from the spoiled brats Palm seems to have attracted with the Pre.

Oh, btw, 64 bit processors came out for PC's in 2003, how many years did it take for a viable 64 bit OS and software that would actually run on it to come out? Get over it. Sometimes you have to wait more than five minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    Cringer, your rudeness is absolutely uncalled for. You may not agree with me, but that gives you no reason to be patronizing.

Having said that:

Adobe does not "make" Flash. Macromedia developed and released Flash in 1993. Adobe merely bought out the company and uses most of the original Macromedia design staff. Facts.

Palm also said that call duration would be available in 1.4, yet it's not. When I bought my Pre, I specifically inquired about the web browser's capability because a lot of my freelance work involves Flash. I was referred to Palm Customer Service. Palm Customer service told me that Flash was not available, but would be in 1.3.5.1. Wrong again. Palm has said a lot of things, either through its development staff, its public relations team, or its customer service reps, and a lot of what it has said has been wrong. So much for Palm's "book."

Palm doesn't control Sprint, but a phone application is built into webOS. Palm does not control the Internet, but a web browser is built into webOS. Palm does not control the camera industry, but a camera application is built into webOS.

Enough said.
    You sir, are an *****......did you really just compare the fact that Palm has no control over when a flash plugin is made available to the fact that palm doesn't control sprint and yet there is a phone on the device??? and THEN say, "enough said"? Maybe Cringer wasn't rude, but I will be....YOU ARE A DAMNED FOOL MY MAN......I would be willing to bet that I can start up a thread, title it "read this guys posts and tell me if you think he is an *****", and you will see, that the majority of people on this site, READ, knew what to expect and what NOT to expect. I would also venture to say that if you were holding on to the "facts" that a CUSTOMER SERVICE REP would give you about the release date of Flash, then you have bigger problems anyway...... GO PALM......
    Fail
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    So I upgraded to use flash 10.1

When I go to hulu, it says I don't have flash 10.0.22 or better.
    When I go to sites that have flash movies or games, I get a lego icon where the movie should be.

Where's the flash?
    Ok here are facts:

1. Palm said that Flash will be available in app catalog "soon". And 1.4 will be available in February. Go search youtube for CES Palm video.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by foobaz View Post
    So I upgraded to use flash 10.1

When I go to hulu, it says I don't have flash 10.0.22 or better.
    When I go to sites that have flash movies or games, I get a lego icon where the movie should be.

Where's the flash?

You'll be able to download Flash from the app catalog hopefully in the near future. OS update only provided ability for flash, not the actual flash.

Also, I doubt you'll be able to access hulu videos even after you get flash.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Why wouldn't I? When I had winmo, I watched hulu with skyfire, so I don't really think hulu was blocking. Anyway, I think the browser reports as webkit, which is also available on desktops. They don't block by ip, since we can watch tethered. I don't see why or how hulu would block us.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foobaz View Post
    Why wouldn't I? When I had winmo, I watched hulu with skyfire, so I don't really think hulu was blocking. Anyway, I think the browser reports as webkit, which is also available on desktops. They don't block by ip, since we can watch tethered. I don't see why or how hulu would block us.
    Hulu is blocking everything that isn't a computer now. Including windows mobile. I used to watch hulu on my ps3 and cant do that anymore. So as soon as flash is available for mobile devices hulu will be forced to move and block it. They are being pressured by the content providers.
    Call me dumb but is Flash the only way to watch videos on the web besides youtube?
    I think I saw it stick in traffic on 680 this morning...
    Does anyone have any word on what 'shortly' really means....because i was thinking maybe a day or two after 1.4 it would be out.
    Hopefully by the end of this week, the app will be in the app cataloge.
    I'll skip the comment about using "search" and that this question is being beat to death... However Adobe said "1st half of 2010". So you have to wait from now till about June / July.
    Quote Originally Posted by PIKCACHU20 View Post
    I'll skip the comment about using "search" and that this question is being beat to death... However Adobe said "1st half of 2010". So you have to wait from now till about June / July.
    You didnt skip it haha but thats fine and all...im just done with the whole searching thing,,,ive seen so many diff ideas of whats what so i thought id ask it in my own way hoping not to get a smart a##...oh how wrong was I jk
    What and let you miss out on the forum experience.... How could I let that happen when you ask such a question...LOL