Page 115 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1565105110111112113114115116117118119120125165215 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,300 of 4649
  1. #2281  
    While I sympathize to those who expected Flash, but didn't get it. I understand your frustration. I too am a little annoyed by Adobe with their constant delays, despite their videos of a working model. But it is what it is, and people should calm down, because programming takes patience. You can't just hold a bag of flour and eat it, thus expecting a cake flavor...
  2. #2282  
    Yes, it's time to take your frustration to Adobe forums, because we don't care.
  3. #2283  
    The iPhone will have Flash before everyone else, along with a keyboard and a front facing camera in June's new iPhone release. Don't get me wrong, i have a Pre and love it, it's just disappointing that Apple has basically cornered the market on...well...everything.
  4. mikekey's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #2284  
    animemom there is no way you can spout the horse manure you spout and be a flash developer. And if you are, well I'm sorry for you.

    You spout off that you think Flash should be built in. That's a stupid statement. Considering Flash coming from Adobe is a 3rd party independent company. Does flash come built into anything? No. Not Windows, not Linux, Not Mac OS X. If you're a flash developer you should already know this, because you had to download and install Flash just like everyone else on planet earth.

    Instead your just running your gums with no real points. And then you try to act high and mighty by discussing who Adobe bought Flash from, like that makes you somehow smarter and better than the guy before you. Whoopie do. Someone give this guy a cookie.

    Not impressed.
  5. #2285  
    lol...
  6. #2286  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Sorry, but I've got to go with Cringer here. I didn't see anything rude in this post. Pointing out reality to someone who isn't dealing with reality is not rude, it's a kindness.

    Unless I missed something, everything in his post was factually correct. Palm never said Flash would be baked in, they never said it would be available at the same time as 1.4.

    They said it would be available in the app catalog after 1.4 was released, and that 1.4 would include support for the plugin. i.e. 1.4 would be "flash ready."

    It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. It's a matter of observed reality. It's just like all the people ****ing and moaning because 1.4 didn't come out on the 15th. Palm said February. It came out in February. End of discussion.

    If you get yourself worked up into a tizzy because you choose to believe rumor mill nonsense, or ignore official public statements from the CEO of the company, then that's on you.
    Thanks for your clarification, VeeDubb. I suppose this means that if you went to a forum thread to find out information and seek support, and another poster told you that nobody cares about what you think, not even the company you've supported for close to two decades, and then mocks your choice of word usage for the rest of his post, you'd be perfectly fine with that.

    Thank you for your support and assistance. I certainly do not come to the PreCentral forums to be put down. I come here to learn more about my phone and to share in the community. It only takes a few to violate those rules and make the forums unpleasant... as this thread has proven. I've reported this thread to the moderators for its rudeness, not just in Cringer's "reply" to me but also because of the ever-so-polite person who decided to mock the OP by tagging this thread with "detroitkruk is worthless."

    Good to know that some posters get their kicks by acting like morons.
    --------------------

    Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

    ... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

    --------------------
  7. #2287  
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsinger75 View Post
    The iPhone will have Flash before everyone else, along with a keyboard and a front facing camera in June's new iPhone release. Don't get me wrong, i have a Pre and love it, it's just disappointing that Apple has basically cornered the market on...well...everything.
    lol nice trolling. If you knew anything about the apple you would realize that the iPhone will never get flash! Steve jobs banned it from the iPhone.

    -Toaster
  8. Malix's Avatar
    Posts
    42 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    #2288  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Yes, it's time to take your frustration to Adobe forums, because we don't care.
    Agree,

    Steve, if you can't wait for Flash, well, get a phone that can! Tell me what are you going to do if Adobe says "Oh, it will be available first half of 2011." Then what? You going to start a riot in front of Palm HQ? I doubt it. Just chill and be happy. It's just a phone. If you want arsenal to fight your Iphone buddies, there is plenty elsewhere right now. But don't complain about a phone like it was your life-line. Flash not here, period. Deal with it.


    Motorola KRZR > Palm Centro > Samsung Instinct > Palm Pre
  9. #2289  
    I understand it will be here "shortly" but that could be forever and a day and all I've seen is it used for crappy games. How bout show us how it looks goin onto sites that use flash like newgrounds.com or hulu or sumthin that were goin to use it for?? Idk I'm jus still frustrated the way the whole 1.4 delays wennt down lol sumone shed sum light on this!! Ahhhhh!! I WANT MY COOKIES AND I WANT THEM NOW WAHHHHHH!!! LOL
  10. #2290  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve29510 View Post
    Apparently is isn't "simple as that", hence; October, before the end of 2009 and now first half of 2010.
    What's your point?? First half of 2010 is the official word from Adobe. It is as simple as that. Any other "word" is simply speculation, since no one knows more than Adobe about Adobe's products.

    Might that date slip as well?? Absolutely a possibility. That happens with software. Software development is as much art as it is science, and there is no way to predict with 100% accuracy when a stable product will be released, until after the product as been made stable. Because of that, sometimes dates change. I might happen again with Adobe and Flash.

    Until then, the first half of 2010 is the best prediction we've got.
  11. #2291  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve29510 View Post
    Good point but why isn't the app available now that the download is complete? There had been too much anticipation for it not to be released immediately after the update.
    Are you serious? I suspect you might be, if so, please excuse my sarcasm.

    Actually, the Flash update has been complete for over a year. Palm took so long getting the Pre ready, they begged Adobe to put it off releasing Flash for a while so they wouldn't look so bad. Then, both companies saw how fun and profitable it was to put off product releases, that they got together and decided to delay both 1.4 and the Flash releases even further.

    Then, just about the time people calm down and begin to accept things, and Adobe figures it's tiime to release it because the fun of irritating everyone is no longer working, they get all excited about someone who has not been keeping up getting starting the frustration cycle over. Now we probably won't see it for another year or me.

    Way to go guy...
    Last edited by hparsons; 02/27/2010 at 10:59 PM.
  12. #2292  
    I'd simply cannot understand why there is all the whining HERE about Flash not being released. Go over and complain on Adobe's boards. Complaining here is like walking up to a weatherman and asking him why it isn't summer yet.
  13. #2293  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    i had flash capabilities on my treo pro

    i miss it (the flash capability)
    Totally different Flash plugin. The new one is designed to be cross-platform, smaller footprint, faster, and more importantly, more stable and consistent.
  14. iclimb513's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #2294  
    OP must REALLY be desperate to watch spankwire on his phone. Only an internet **** addict would be freaking out about flash like this. Dude, just get a netbook if you have to
    crank it on the road so badly.
  15. iclimb513's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #2295  
    this forum ****** out the word
    p.o.r.n ?? Really?
  16. #2296  



    Adobe announced last year that they were going to release the Flash-Player update for the WebOS, and it is going on a year since they said they were going to release it. Does anyone know if Adobe will be offering this update in this century? Or are my childrens, children going to be talking about the Adobe update that never came out.


  17. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    #2297  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve29510 View Post
    Was this update just to make the device able to accept the application when it is released? Was the update to make it compatible?

    There has been talk about last October, then by the end of 2009 and now the first half of 2010. What is the deal?

    Does anyone know when Flash will be on the Palm Pre? Except for "soon"?
    Yes it makes it able to accept it

    This is still the first QUARTER, we have a whole other Quarter (3 months) to go before we are at half way thru 2010.

    Why not call Adobe and ask them, I'm sure they will tell you HEHE
  18. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    #2298  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    are you serious? I suspect you might be, if so, please excuse my sarcasm.

    Actually, the flash update has been complete for over a year. Palm took so long getting the pre ready, they begged adobe to put it off releasing flash for a while so they wouldn't look so bad. Then, both companies saw how fun and profitable it was to put off product releases, that they got together and decided to delay both 1.4 and the flash releases even further.

    Then, just about the time people calm down and begin to accept things, and adobe figures it's tiime to release it because the fun of irritating everyone is no longer working, they get all excited about someone who has not been keeping up getting starting the frustration cycle over. Now we probably won't see it for another year or me.

    Way to go guy...
    wow!!! Lol
  19. DocHemi's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    #2299  
    Quote Originally Posted by oobernuber View Post
    All I can say is... wow.

    1.4 drops and people are already complaining again.

    It also seems that the people who are complaining and were expecting flash to be included in this update are the same people who can't figure out the search function.
    Or those that cant read when nothing ever set a concrete date for Flash release.
  20. #2300  
    First half of 2010. -Adobe
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions