Page 114 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1464104109110111112113114115116117118119124164214 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 4649
    There have actually been a couple of announcements of when flash will be released, just not hard dates.
    To put it bluntly, Adobe sucks. They keep delaying and then changing what they've previously said. No wonder Apple says no to them.
    Adobe is saying it'll be here in the first half of 2010.
    Sorry for causing such aggrivation... I didn't mean to upset anyone. Im not very good at this forum stuff.

Thank you for the answers.
    Yeah this thread got me really excited. Not yet. I'm sure it will be soon *crosses fingers*
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    If the app has to come from Adobe, then it's not exactly in 1.4, is it? In my book, 1.4 should be able to play Flash on any web site without the use of additional downloaded apps, and it doesn't. I shouldn't have to waste memory to download apps that will increase functionality... I want that functionality built in, and hopefully future webOS updates will actually have more functionality.
    No it is NOT in 1.4. Flash SUPPORT is in 1.4. That is exactly what Palm promised. Flash is made by Adobe, a different company which Palm can not control. And as for your "book," no one else ever read it and certainly not Palm. Your "book" is not everyone else's. See, a lot of people don't want Flash to be fully baked into the OS, a lot of people would prefer to have the option to download and use it or not. Palm's "book" is written this way, not forcing Flash on everyone.

Palm said: Flash support will be available in 1.4

That means when Adobe (remember, who Palm has no control over) has Flash ready you will be able to add it to your phone. Those who don't want it on their phone won't have to have it.

Palm said: Flash beta will be available in the app catalog after 1.4. It's been 36 hours for a handful of people with 1.4, 6-12 hours for Sprint/O2/Movistar users, and Verizon/Bell/others don't even have it yet. Maybe the Flash beta pops up in a few days, maybe a couple weeks, maybe a month or more.

Palm never said 1.4 will have Flash baked in and ready to roll. N-E-V-E-R

Facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    you made this thread 4 minutes after you posted in the other one. You're a fibber. My mom's on her way over to your house now with the soap.

Dirty, dirty fibber.
    I am trying to get answers Mike. I looked at it and I did post that before I made this thread. I thought it was the other way around.
    All I can say is... wow.

1.4 drops and people are already complaining again.

It also seems that the people who are complaining and were expecting flash to be included in this update are the same people who can't figure out the search function.
    "...human sacrifices, dogs and cats living together! MASS HYSTERIA!"

-Ghostbusters
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    smh. flash an abobe product like java as a sun package ever gets truely baked into nothing.....period period... on ur computers you have a flash and java plugin for each browser you use......period period... abode on the windows platform on ur pc makes you go to their site to download the lastest flash player....period period... my question to those who blame palm as a company,that lets put it mildly is a drop in the bucket ,compared to microsoft and ibm and apple. How are they going to force abobe to (a. release a plugin that from what i heard is half assed at best (b.bake into a sysstem that hold take control of abobes product out of abobes hands and put it it palm?

chech plz
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I only check here when I need something and I didn't even expect Flash to be in 1.4 ... It has always been touted as a seperate app after 1.4!
    Quote Originally Posted by oobernuber View Post
    All I can say is... wow.

1.4 drops and people are already complaining again.

It also seems that the people who are complaining and were expecting flash to be included in this update are the same people who can't figure out the search function.
    And these are the same people who know about features like video recording being added, but couldn't be bothered enough to read the rest of the update notes to see where it SAYS "Flash compatibility added" and "Flash will be available as an app later".

Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    No it is NOT in 1.4. Flash SUPPORT is in 1.4. That is exactly what Palm promised. Flash is made by Adobe, a different company which Palm can not control. And as for your "book," no one else ever read it and certainly not Palm. Your "book" is not everyone else's. See, a lot of people don't want Flash to be fully baked into the OS, a lot of people would prefer to have the option to download and use it or not. Palm's "book" is written this way, not forcing Flash on everyone.

Palm said: Flash support will be available in 1.4

That means when Adobe (remember, who Palm has no control over) has Flash ready you will be able to add it to your phone. Those who don't want it on their phone won't have to have it.

Palm said: Flash beta will be available in the app catalog after 1.4. It's been 36 hours for a handful of people with 1.4, 6-12 hours for Sprint/O2/Movistar users, and Verizon/Bell/others don't even have it yet. Maybe the Flash beta pops up in a few days, maybe a couple weeks, maybe a month or more.

Palm never said 1.4 will have Flash baked in and ready to roll. N-E-V-E-R

Facts.
    Cringer, your rudeness is absolutely uncalled for. You may not agree with me, but that gives you no reason to be patronizing.

Having said that:

Adobe does not "make" Flash. Macromedia developed and released Flash in 1993. Adobe merely bought out the company and uses most of the original Macromedia design staff. Facts.

Palm also said that call duration would be available in 1.4, yet it's not. When I bought my Pre, I specifically inquired about the web browser's capability because a lot of my freelance work involves Flash. I was referred to Palm Customer Service. Palm Customer service told me that Flash was not available, but would be in 1.3.5.1. Wrong again. Palm has said a lot of things, either through its development staff, its public relations team, or its customer service reps, and a lot of what it has said has been wrong. So much for Palm's "book."

Palm doesn't control Sprint, but a phone application is built into webOS. Palm does not control the Internet, but a web browser is built into webOS. Palm does not control the camera industry, but a camera application is built into webOS.

Enough said.
    --------------------

Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

--------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    And these are the same people who know about features like video recording being added, but couldn't be bothered enough to read the rest of the update notes to see where it SAYS "Flash compatibility added" and "Flash will be available as an app later".

Interesting.
    I think we are more frustrated with the lack of information about the release of Flash. Like others including myself have posted; October, end of 2009 and now they say first half of 2010.

It's just frustration. I work with a ton of Iphone faithfuls. I need more ammunition in arguments about which is the better phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    Cringer, your rudeness is absolutely uncalled for. You may not agree with me, but that gives you no reason to be patronizing.
    Sorry, but I've got to go with Cringer here. I didn't see anything rude in this post. Pointing out reality to someone who isn't dealing with reality is not rude, it's a kindness.

Unless I missed something, everything in his post was factually correct. Palm never said Flash would be baked in, they never said it would be available at the same time as 1.4.

They said it would be available in the app catalog after 1.4 was released, and that 1.4 would include support for the plugin. i.e. 1.4 would be "flash ready."

It's not a matter of agreeing or disagreeing. It's a matter of observed reality. It's just like all the people ****ing and moaning because 1.4 didn't come out on the 15th. Palm said February. It came out in February. End of discussion.

If you get yourself worked up into a tizzy because you choose to believe rumor mill nonsense, or ignore official public statements from the CEO of the company, then that's on you.
    Flash on a 3.1 inch screen is going to be a terrible experience. Most people will not care. It's certainly not going to sell many devices.

As for me being a troll. I own a pre, pre plus, and a pixie. I only own 1 iPhone.
    There is no lack of information. First half 2010.

Steve, to put it bluntly, your an *****. You dont know how to search. You dont read enough to know whats going on with the update. And then when you DO get the answer your looking for you just keep asking the same question. I will answer it one more time for you and then knock it off.

FLASH is not, nor was ever going to be a part of the 1.4 release.
    It was stated that it will be available for download LATER as an app.
    No one here knows when it will be available, only ADOBE (caps to stress that its Adobe and not Palm)
    They said first half of 2010. Its February. Get out your calendar app and note that.

Please do us a favor, and try the search option in the forums next time. Also when you reading about upcoming releases, read the whole article. Thanks, from all of us.
    people only hear what they want to hear.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    this should answer all your 1.4 questions
    First half would be before July, they got plenty of time to make you wait so don't worry
    Im sorry 1.4 is a good update to a good phone
    if something like Flash not being on your phone makes you mad then Im srry you most not know greatness
    Flash is slow anyways
    dont get me wrong Flash will be great when it comes out but i can wait
    I have video recording, splash screen and a lot more
    so stop complaining if you dont like it switch to Android or iPhone
    iPhone OS will never have Flash or multitasking and Android might get flash