Page 113 of 233 FirstFirst ... 1363103108109110111112113114115116117118123163213 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,260 of 4649
  1. xanbo's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #2241  
    Quote Originally Posted by chowd View Post
    If you go to miniclip.com on your Pre Browser, you'll see a mobile-optimized version of the site, with the title "Miniclip.com for Palm Pre." There are several games presented in a mobile-friendly format. Clicking the play icon brings up the familiar Flash placeholder.

    Seems like MiniClip is getting ready for Flash to be released for the Pre. Will we be seeing Flash sooner rather than later?
    That's awesome. I was hooked on that site several years ago and would love to be able to play those types of games on my phone.
  2. #2242  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve29510 View Post
    Here is my opinion. If and when Sprint and Verizon carry the IPhone....we will all go to that. This is a great device but for God's sake give us something here.
    Um, if we wanted Flash, why would we go to the iPhone, where it's NEVER COMING?
  3. #2243  
    Sorry, detroit... no flash in 1.4. The anticipation threads actually mentioned there would not be any Flash support. It's not the only thing overlooked in 1.4. Bluetooth sync with laptops would be nice, as would be recurring tasks!! Maybe 1.4.5??
    --------------------

    Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

    ... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

    --------------------
  4. #2244  
    Quote Originally Posted by abaker82 View Post
    So the consensus is that the phone is now capable, but we are waiting for adobe? I thought a beta was coming to the app catalog with the update. Ooops.
    Words have meaning, and so when they say "the Flash 10.0 Adobe plug-in...will be available shortly from the Palm App Catalog" we have to assume they meant something other than we'll be simply waiting for Adobe to release it whenever they feel like it. Now, of course, this could have just been poorly written, and I suppose if a few weeks pass and we still don't have the plug-in, we'll have reason to wonder.

    Of course, folks were freaking out that 1.4 hadn't been released yet when there were still some days left in February, and so I don't expect this to stop the Flash anticipation threads from proliferating.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  5. #2245  
    I posted this thread and then noticed that there was another thread with the same confusion and more people trying to get answers. Are you the kind of person who sits at home analizing threads while your mother pays your cell phone bill? She might get mad that you said the word "Hell". You better hide that soap!
  6. #2246  
    Please don't use terms like "like others". Most people understood that flash was not going to be included in the update. Support for it IS included in the update, but flash itself will be available as an app for download at some point in time later.
  7. #2247  
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve29510 View Post
    I posted this thread and then noticed that there was another thread with the same confusion and more people trying to get answers. Are you the kind of person who sits at home analizing threads while your mother pays your cell phone bill? She might get mad that you said the word "Hell". You better hide that soap!
    you made this thread 4 minutes after you posted in the other one. You're a fibber. My mom's on her way over to your house now with the soap.

    Dirty, dirty fibber.
  8. #2248  
    steve just because you can't read or your too ignorant to search doesn't mean you need to be a ****.
  9. Cringer's Avatar
    Posts
    475 Posts
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    #2249  
    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    Sorry, detroit... no flash in 1.4. The anticipation threads actually mentioned there would not be any Flash support. It's not the only thing overlooked in 1.4. Bluetooth sync with laptops would be nice, as would be recurring tasks!! Maybe 1.4.5??
    Ok, you are actually incorrect as well. Flash support is in 1.4. Flash support and having Flash is two different things. What we need to have for Flash on the phone at this point is for Adobe to release the Flash app we will install in order to have Flash. Adobe has not released that yet. When that is release, our phones will be able to support Flash.
  10. #2250  
    I found FLASH on my Pre....

  11. #2251  
  12. #2252  
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper1010 View Post
    you made this thread 4 minutes after you posted in the other one. You're a fibber. My mom's on her way over to your house now with the soap.

    Dirty, dirty fibber.
    I love the PreCentral CSI guys here. Always entertaining to prove someone wrong lol
  13. #2253  
    yaa, guaranteed the whole novelty of having flash will wear off about a day after getting it. And same with any other update that comes out. Just be happy you have a phone that does more than flip open and make calls

    and seriously the people getting ****ed about it not being out now? Are we in high school? Oh yeah, probably nm.
  14. #2254  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
    Ok, you are actually incorrect as well. Flash support is in 1.4. Flash support and having Flash is two different things. What we need to have for Flash on the phone at this point is for Adobe to release the Flash app we will install in order to have Flash. Adobe has not released that yet. When that is release, our phones will be able to support Flash.
    If the app has to come from Adobe, then it's not exactly in 1.4, is it? In my book, 1.4 should be able to play Flash on any web site without the use of additional downloaded apps, and it doesn't. I shouldn't have to waste memory to download apps that will increase functionality... I want that functionality built in, and hopefully future webOS updates will actually have more functionality.
    --------------------

    Palm Pilot Pro > Palm IIIx > Palm V >
    Palm VII > Treo 755p > Palm Pre!

    ... and they're all still floating around
    my house somewhere, too...

    --------------------
  15. #2255  
    you're right, you shouldn't have to waste memory for extra functionality! You need that space for intelligence! You're very right tho, when something is built into an operating system it is way smaller than having an extra process or service running..........

    Quote Originally Posted by animemom View Post
    If the app has to come from Adobe, then it's not exactly in 1.4, is it? In my book, 1.4 should be able to play Flash on any web site without the use of additional downloaded apps, and it doesn't. I shouldn't have to waste memory to download apps that will increase functionality... I want that functionality built in, and hopefully future webOS updates will actually have more functionality.
  16. #2256  
    I did a search for Flash and Adobe in the App Catalog and I cant find it.

    Can anyone help me?
  17. #2257  
    Its not coming yet... 1.4 only brought compatibility

    http://www.precentral.net/flash-webos-14-hands
    Unfortunately, Flash is definitely not confirmed for February (looks like it was a miscommunication at Palm's SFR launch). All Adobe is saying is 'First Half of 2010,' so it's unclear what'll happen there.
  18. #2258  
    its not out yet so obviously it wont be in the catalog try a forums search next time
  19. toburg's Avatar
    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #2259  
    Try doing a search of the forums next. It's not out yet.
  20. #2260  
    There's never been an announcement of when Flash will be released. 1.4 lays down the framework required for Flash. It'll be here when it's here.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions