Page 111 of 233 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101106107108109110111112113114115116 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4649
    If you go to abc.com and try to play a video, it gives you a page that says you need to download flash. There is a link to download it. Click that link, and you get to a page from Adobe that says that flash for WebOS is coming. They don't say when.
    Flash is now coming from adobe "In the first half of 2010."
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    Welcome to open source. Things can get bumpy. Please fasten your seat belts.
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    You can also swipe a counterclockwise semi-circle around the center button to go back. [Do a back gesture]
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The_lane View Post
    Flash is now coming from adobe "In the first half of 2010."
    Yeah they keep changing it. Flash really is a mess. As much as I don't agree with Apple most of the time, Steve was right for saying Adobe is lazy. It's a resource pig. They keep pushing the release date back sighting problems, so I doubt we'll see it this month. Maybe we will. Maybe not till next October.

Adobe would be stupid to not get flash on the Pre, Blackberry and Android phones before the ipad launch, otherwise they are just giving more credence to Apple's stance that you aren't really missing anything.

Time will tell. Personally I'm disappointed it's not in the app catalog right now. We where told we'd be seeing the beta. Hell not even the final product. How long does it take to produce a beta?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekey View Post
    Yeah they keep changing it. Flash really is a mess. As much as I don't agree with Apple most of the time, Steve was right for saying Adobe is lazy. It's a resource pig. They keep pushing the release date back sighting problems, so I doubt we'll see it this month. Maybe we will. Maybe not till next October.

Adobe would be stupid to not get flash on the Pre, Blackberry and Android phones before the ipad launch, otherwise they are just giving more credence to Apple's stance that you aren't really missing anything.

Time will tell. Personally I'm disappointed it's not in the app catalog right now. We where told we'd be seeing the beta. Hell not even the final product. How long does it take to produce a beta?
    Have you tried the flash 10.1 beta on a windows PC yet. You may want to do that before agreeing with Stevie on Adobe being lazy. They needed to use the GPU, so they're busy making it work with as many GPU's as possible. I got it on my PC right now, and even in beta it works better without making my cpu do much work now.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP!

Adobe has said it would have been released before October, before the end of the year, before February ends, and now that has been pushed back even more.

Jeez. I would seriously just wait for HTML5.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donatom3 View Post
    Have you tried the flash 10.1 beta on a windows PC yet. You may want to do that before agreeing with Stevie on Adobe being lazy. They needed to use the GPU, so they're busy making it work with as many GPU's as possible. I got it on my PC right now, and even in beta it works better without making my cpu do much work now.
    Yes I am using it right now. But recently been having problems with it and Google Chrome. But just recently cropped up, so thinking it's more of a Chrome issue.

But the point said, Adobe was a major factor in crashes on Mac's. Just like how I recall that something like 72% of Windows XP crashes where caused by Nivida drivers.

I hope they do get their **** together. And it runs beautifully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
    DO NOT GET YOUR HOPES UP!

Adobe has said it would have been released before October, before the end of the year, before February ends, and now that has been pushed back even more.

Jeez. I would seriously just wait for HTML5.
    Adobe never said February. Everyone misunderstood that from what Palm said. They need help from the manufacturers too. Flash couldn't get working without some help from Palm, and now with the PDK and 1.4 the support is there. Have you noticed that they actually have flash running on the HTC Desire. They even rated the battery on it, and it doesn't seem to waste anymore battery than streaming a video over wifi.

Quote Originally Posted by mikekey View Post
    Yes I am using it right now. But recently been having problems with it and Google Chrome. But just recently cropped up, so thinking it's more of a Chrome issue.

But the point said, Adobe was a major factor in crashes on Mac's. Just like how I recall that something like 72% of Windows XP crashes where caused by Nivida drivers.

I hope they do get their **** together. And it runs beautifully.
    I do to. From what I've seen of the 10.1 on the PC I think Adobe is finally going in the right direction. I was having shockwave crashing in Chrome too, but refreshing the page loads all the flash content backup so I'm thinking it's more Chrome myself. Unfortunately I just like Chrome too much to go back to IE or Firefox.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    If you go to miniclip.com on your Pre Browser, you'll see a mobile-optimized version of the site, with the title "Miniclip.com for Palm Pre." There are several games presented in a mobile-friendly format. Clicking the play icon brings up the familiar Flash placeholder.

Seems like MiniClip is getting ready for Flash to be released for the Pre. Will we be seeing Flash sooner rather than later?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I want Flash! Hopefully it will be soon, but then again i was supposed to have webos 1.4 on the 15th...
    I really don't care about having a video camera on my device. I was looking forward to having Flash. Like others, I thought it was going to be included in this update. Adobe has been pushing the release further and further back. Does anyone really know a release date or is it going to be speculation as usual?
    I really don't care about having a video camera on my device, i have a flip for that. I was looking forward to having Flash. Like others, I thought it was going to be included in this update. Adobe has been pushing the release further and further back. Does anyone really know a release date or is it going to be speculation as usual?
    no
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    it was never supposed to be included in this latest update, fyi... It will be released "soon" as an app
    Was this update just to make the device able to accept the application when it is released? Was the update to make it compatible?

There has been talk about last October, then by the end of 2009 and now the first half of 2010. What is the deal?

Does anyone know when Flash will be on the Palm Pre? Except for "soon"?
    yes, this update just made it so it will work when adobe rolls out the app.

no, no one knows. except adobe. and i'm beginning to wonder if they really do anymore.
    Flash will be here in the first half of 2010. Simple as that.
    What?

Are you guys SURE Flash support isn't all packaged and ready to go like EVERYONE was SO certain of?

Because MANY times on this very forum, as I talked about how absolutely critical and game-changing it would be for Palm to come to market with the first smartphone with baked-in Flash support, EVERYONE here said, "Boring, snoozer, it's coming February."

So. Let me get this straight: they did fail, right?

detroitkruk
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    What?

Are you guys SURE Flash support isn't all packaged and ready to go like EVERYONE was SO certain of?

Because MANY times on this very forum, as I talked about how absolutely critical and game-changing it would be for Palm to come to market with the first smartphone with baked-in Flash support, EVERYONE here said, "Boring, snoozer, it's coming February."

So. Let me get this straight: they did fail, right?

detroitkruk
    Uh no. Everyone knew flash was coming separately as a downloadable plug-in.
    Here is my opinion. When flash gets released for the Pre, everybody will be really happy for about two weeks. Then the complaints will start, like you can't use hulu, or that most flash games are bad and difficult to control.

Then, most people will go back to not (or rarely) using flash on their pre.
    Apparently is isn't "simple as that", hence; October, before the end of 2009 and now first half of 2010.