Page 108 of 233 FirstFirst ... 85898103104105106107108109110111112113118158208 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 4649
  1. #2141  
    I think alex is right, you might be able to watch video streams on your phone, but I don't think we'll have the option to output the feed to a television.
  2. #2142  
    I'm really hoping to be able to log into my slingbox account, but I don't know how the resolution will translate to the pre's screen.
  3. BDoG76's Avatar
    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    #2143  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    plug into? You mean display video from the Pre on the TV? I don't think that's going to happen...

    Otherwise once we have flash you should be able to hit some sites, it's up in the air if Hulu will be too intensive or not.
    yes. samsung hdtvs have a usb port.
  4. #2144  
    My LG TV has a usb port as well, and I can plug my pre in and put it in usb mode and view images, play music through my tv/surround sound
  5. #2145  
    Um, NO. The Pre would already need to have the hardware for it. Such as iPods or the HD Instinct. Linking via usb would be cool execept wouldn't you need to put the Pre in USB mode for that link to work. Thus, anythig playing in a flash window would be paused and resume after leaving USB mode. IMO

    But, if PALM implemented a new connectivity mode allowing for streaming video playback or flash via USB, it could work. I doubt that streaming video via flash is going to be a laptop replacement. Youtube sometimes struggles without a perfect signal.
    Last edited by CHEEZM03; 02/24/2010 at 03:59 PM. Reason: More info
  6. #2146  
    Have no idea if this is coincides with our Pre's etc. but just read that Flash 10.1 beta 3 was released today (but was in context to PC's) which should help with netbooks and and intel chipsets to run certain sites better ... does this mean good things are around the corner for us?
    R.I.P Palm Centro (6.5.09)
    New Pre Owner (6.6.09)

  7. #2147  
    Wasn't there a thread with the near exact title posted a few hours ago?
  8. #2148  
    We haven't even had a first beta
    But since you've mentioned this we might get a beta version with 1.4, or shortly after.
  9. #2149  
    someone please answer this question for me, i know it's newb...

    Will Ustream work over the Pre once 1.4 is out ? or do we have to wait till flash is FULLY on the pre before it will work?

    or will it not work at all ?

    thanks so much guys!
  10. #2151  
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    someone please answer this question for me, i know it's newb...

    Will Ustream work over the Pre once 1.4 is out ? or do we have to wait till flash is FULLY on the pre before it will work?

    or will it not work at all ?

    thanks so much guys!
    remember that Flash and WebOS1.4 are separate items. They ae not rolled together.
  11. #2152  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    remember that Flash and WebOS1.4 are separate items. They ae not rolled together.
    so , you're saaaaaaaying........ Nope, thought i had it.... i dont follow...
  12. #2153  
    so it WILL or it WONT work ??????
  13. #2154  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    so , you're saaaaaaaying........ Nope, thought i had it.... i dont follow...
    We are waiting on Palm to release WebOS 1.4
    We ae waiting on Adobe to release flash for WebOS.
    We should see Flash released by Adobe for WebOS after Palm releases WebOS 1.4.

    I do not expect them to hit the same day, but the rumor mill says that Flash will be dropped shortly after WebOS 1.4 is released.
  14. #2155  
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    We are waiting on Palm to release WebOS 1.4
    We ae waiting on Adobe to release flash for WebOS.
    We should see Flash released by Adobe for WebOS after Palm releases WebOS 1.4.

    I do not expect them to hit the same day, but the rumor mill says that Flash will be dropped shortly after WebOS 1.4 is released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    so it WILL or it WONT work ??????
    basically what my friend Noco37 is saying is that it WONT work until after 1.4 AND AFTER Adobe releases flash which we dont know when but presumably soon!
  15. #2156  
    The other thing is that it depends on what you're talking about. Viewing Ustream, or recording it? I sort of doubt that Flash will have access to the camera or microphone.
  16. #2157  
    also its important to mention that we still dont have flash 10.1 mobile to try and see if its like full desktop flash or a watered down version
  17. #2158  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    basically what my friend noco37 is saying is that it WONT work until after 1.4 AND AFTER Adobe releases flash which we dont know when but presumably soon!
    correct.


    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    also its important to mention that we still dont have flash 10.1 mobile to try and see if its like full desktop flash or a watered down version
    This is worth restating again. Mobile Flash may not have the same capabilities as desktop Flash. There is a lot that we won't know until we get to try it out.
  18. geodim's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #2159  
    From what we've seen so far, I don't see any reason why Ustream wouldn't work. But it's all speculation, until it's actually released.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

    iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  19. #2160  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The other thing is that it depends on what you're talking about. Viewing Ustream, or recording it? I sort of doubt that Flash will have access to the camera or microphone.
    there are weekly podcasts that I love to watch (joe rogan) they are so funny

    and its on ustream

    my question is simple: will I be able to VIEW ustream via my palm pre ?

    yes or no

    why or why not

    when or never

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions