Page 107 of 233 FirstFirst ... 75797102103104105106107108109110111112117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 4649
    hey, looks like someone missed the memo of your OP. There is a beta app that allows you to stream indy movies. Doesnt use flash, but why would that matter. The bandwidth is being eaten anyways right?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yes, it probably will.

No speculation on my part for what exact websites/utilities will be unaccessible, quite frankly I have no idea..

In a broad sense, there will be limitations.
    like in so broad only sites who are charging for their content currently, will users have to pay for access?
    As long as ATDHE works, I dont care.
    I've got nothing to add to this thread, but I wanted to get my post count up!

Love,
    Starter of Bad Threads Anonymous
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Quote Originally Posted by AFLORES View Post
    No speculation on my part for what exact websites/utilities will be unaccessible, quite frankly I have no idea..

In a broad sense, there will be limitations.
    C'mon now, fess up. You're an iPhone user, right?

Tell me, do they have a little pointy tinfoil hat app for that?
    Does this mean we should be getting it soon? (Hopefully tomorrow )

From Engadget:

Rejoice, owners of netbooks with Intel GMA 500 graphics: Flash Player 10.1 Beta 3 is here, complete with hardware video acceleration for your machines. That should make Hulu and YouTube HD usable on machines like the Sony VAIO P and VAIO X, the Nokia Booklet 3G, and the previous-generation Dell Mini 10. The new build also bring support for the Broadcom Crystal HD accelerator found in Pine Trail Atom machines like the newest Dell Mini 10 and HP Mini 210 -- support we found sorely lacking when we reviewed the Dell.

Flash 10.1 beta 3 released, adds support for Intel GMA 500 and Broadcom Crystal HD chips -- Engadget
    Maybe, but don't hold your breath. Flash is one of those things that if it's not right can make you hate the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Maybe, but don't hold your breath. Flash is one of those things that if it's not right can make you hate the internet.
    +1
    Also, don't confuse Flash with the webOS 1.4 update. They are not synonymous.
    The two previous betas turned my Ion-based Acer nettop into an awesome HTPC for the living room...so I for one am pumped.
    It's good to see progress being made on some platforms, at least.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    803 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    The two previous betas turned my Ion-based Acer nettop into an awesome HTPC for the living room...so I for one am pumped.
    For anyone else that had to look up "HTPC", it's Home Theater PC

No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    For anyone else that had to look up "HTPC", it's Home Theater PC

Thanks lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    +1
    +1
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    will we be able to plug our pre's into our tv's (wiselink) to go to flash sites such as hulu and such? Anyone know? I know we can use the pre's to view pics and listen to music, but was wondering about this feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    C'mon now, fess up. You're an iPhone user, right?

Tell me, do they have a little pointy tinfoil hat app for that?
    I own a Palm Pre, and am on the Sprint network. The iPhone is too much of a closed system for my liking. Some may disagree, but the iPhone is to the Wii, as the Pre is to the Xbox.

Keep in mind the initial release of Flash will be somewhat impressive, however once the traffic goes up to certain sites- limitations will then be set in place.
    plug into? You mean display video from the Pre on the TV? I don't think that's going to happen...

Otherwise once we have flash you should be able to hit some sites, it's up in the air if Hulu will be too intensive or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFLORES View Post
    I own a Palm Pre, and am on the Sprint network. The iPhone is too much of a closed system for my liking. Some may disagree, but the iPhone is to the Wii, as the Pre is to the Xbox.

Keep in mind the initial release of Flash will be somewhat impressive, however once the traffic goes up to certain sites- limitations will then be set in place.
    Good, so repeating questions occasionally seems to work.

So, when will this happen, and what's your source?