Page 106 of 233 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96101102103104105106107108109110111 116 156 206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by AFLORES View Post
    The YouTube invocation is to shed light that, yes- there can be limitations placed to retain paid content from being utilized for free (streaming music videos).

Adobe Systems has cooperated due to the incessant nature of providers. This watered-down version is something many people (shareholders, direct project managers) are disenfranchised over.

even if i bought your cabal of carriers gimping Flash to maintain bandwidth and monetize flash, There is no way I could see it being the reason for the delay.

This would have to be in the flash plugin from the beginning would it not? Or are you saying the carriers just figured out flash will lead to increased bandwidth? How about with sprint right now, where I can stream pandora almost endlessly, watch NFL network as much as i want or sprint TV and play wordace for the entire evening.

Why flash then? Why a delay? Where is that proof?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    To the OP. Do you get a weekly or bi-weekly paycheck? If you would you be willing to bet your entire check when flash is released on your statements? If not quit spewing non-sense that you know nothing of.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    even if i bought your cabal of carriers gimping Flash to maintain bandwidth and monetize flash, There is no way I could see it being the reason for the delay.

This would have to be in the flash plugin from the beginning would it not? Or are you saying the carriers just figured out flash will lead to increased bandwidth? How about with sprint right now, where I can stream pandora almost endlessly, watch NFL network as much as i want or sprint TV and play wordace for the entire evening.

Why flash then? Why a delay? Where is that proof?

The delay is from the 1.4 groundwork being laid; (why Flash isn't hitting in conjunction with this long anticipated update). It will be around early Summer.

VEOH works fine, Pandora, NFL, Sprint TV, etc., thus far. Pandora, RadioTime will continue to be free with no limitations.

I personally think Flash is a necessity to streamlining all smart phones. The first one to utilitize it successfully will prevail. Nobody wants a completely closed system.

I'm going to scan some work orders, just trying to figure out how without getting canned.
    The delay is from the 1.4 groundwork being laid; (why Flash isn't hitting in conjunction with this long anticipated update). It will be around early Summer.

VEOH works fine, Pandora, NFL, Sprint TV, etc., thus far. Pandora, RadioTime will continue to be free with no limitations.

I personally think Flash is a necessity to streamlining all smart phones. The first one to utilitize it successfully will prevail. Nobody wants a completely closed system.

I'm going to scan some work orders, just trying to figure out how without getting canned.
    What you are saying doesn't make sense. Why would Flash on a cell phone be any different than Flash on a PC?

If you providers want to protect their paid content, they'll just do it server side like they have for the last 20 years. Please explain what has to be done to a mobile Flash version or cell phone software to keep it from magically liberating paid content.
    The YouTube invocation is to shed light that, yes- there can be limitations placed to retain paid content from being utilized for free (streaming music videos).
    YouTube was restricted at the server. Services have always been able to be restricted at the server. That's the nature of servers.

Adobe Systems has cooperated due to the incessant nature of providers. This watered-down version is something many people (shareholders, direct project managers) are disenfranchised over.
    You haven't explained why they would cooperate. They don't get money from service providers. Period. They get their money from developers who pay for the Flash developers products. If/When Adobe starts limiting functionality, there is less desire from those that produce Flash content, thus less demand for Adobe's product.

You've yet to explain how Adobe cooperating would make business sense. I don't see it. That, along with your lack of any sourcing, makes me think it's just a bunch of hooey. Added to that your relative newness to the forum, and your blanket comments about Adobe, tend to make me believe you're from the "I Love Apple" camp.

Out of curiosity, what smartphone do you use as your primary device? Willing to fess up?
    i dont want anyone to get canned. but if you "can't hold it in any longer" why should that stop you. Why you figured you would shed this light on us mere mortals without being able to prove it and then hide behind ur job is beyond me. I don't get it. You are opening a thread to bash Palm, Carriers and Adobe and expect what? To not be challenged?

yeah sprint losing how many customers last year is worried about bandwidth....as they lay 4G networks?

as hp said, server side limitations have been around for a long tome . Hulu already blocks mobile access. That's not new and has nothing to do with palm or sprint.

Please dude, don't get caught. I understand the double-secret internet police (otherwise known as 2secInterPol) are shooting violators on sight. I may have already said too .... auuuuuuuggggghhhhhhh
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    this is how i see it.. with the advent of the smartphone, in particular webos, phone companies are seeing the possibility of the phone replacing laptop computers. sprint for instance makes a fortune off their internet cards for laptops at 60 bucks a pop.. so it is only in the phone companies best interest to limit the function of a phone to keep the laptop viable.
    Phones will never replace laptops, that's just silly.
    no it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    So, can any of you genius' tell me the rationale Palm may have used to justify releasing a slow, buggy, OS/UI experience only to deliver micro-improvement after micro-improvement but NEVER getting close to the segment leader's experience?

Also, many here believed Flash to be a foregone conclusion for webOS. Wrong. There's something ugly happening in the back offices folks. Something ain't right with this whole "demo'ing flash for months on a Pre then all of the sudden it's packaged into another mobile OS"

detroitkruk
    So can i safely assume you didn't own a blackberry Storm? Yes from that BILLION dollar company called RIM LoL
    Out of the box the Storm was SOOOOOO bad it was ridiculous. It was so slow and laggy 99% of all posts were complaints. CONSTANT crashing (yes during 911 calls too) The phone didn't know what side is up... you had to shake it like an 8 ball so it can figure out what was going on... Also for the first 3-4 months you couldn't use the touchscreen's "answer call" button because it was almost unrespossive!!! LoL... The Blackberry trolls said... why don't you use the regular physical button to answer calls.... i said.. why does the touchscreen button NOT work and take up to 10 seconds to answer a call... Oh yea.. and while you went to answer a call the phone would "rotate" and your suddenly hitting "hang up". A 4 to 5 minute reboot time was not uncommon. There were a TON of other issues with the "click" screen loosing responsiveness in the corners. There was a LARGE gap around the screen.. that would collect large amounts of pocket dust and eventually get under the screen.... RMA's were easy to get for this issue as it was a common one... so they had major build issues and MAJOR software issues. The Pre was much more solid out the box then RIM's hacking their own OLD OS for a touchscreen.

No doubt about it... the Palm Pre launched with some issues... but i can swear that it's launch was 100% better then the blackberry storm was.... even ask Kevin from crackberry about the blackberry storm.. he will shake his head and agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by detroitkruk View Post
    Something ain't right with this whole "demo'ing flash for months on a Pre then all of the sudden it's packaged into another mobile OS"
    Which OS has Flash already? Are you referring to the HTC Android ROM that's been making the rounds? Did you miss the part about it being a buggy, alpha release?
    I use my laptop to VPN into my work network so I can work from home. Please 'splain how am I going to do my coding on a phone with a 3" screen and a 2.5" wide keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by JoaoMachado View Post
    I completely agree with detroitkruk, I purchased the very first one when it came out where I live, for my wife, and I purchased one for myself two weeks later. I love the user interface, WebOS is the most well designed phone interface, period! The problem is that it is slow...yes slow, answering a phone call takes for ever! Hardware wise it is the same as the iPhone, have you compared the speed between the two, it is rediculous. The lag time between operations on the Palm is ridiculously slow at times. "Too many cards" open when there is only one app running? A co-wroker just got the Nexus one and wow, smooth and snappy..it's a shame but if Palm does not fix this issue, in three months when I am due for my Premier Account upgrade, I will be moving to Android, sadly.
    I have actually tested my palm pre against my friends iphone 3gs and in fact they are very comparable. Both of us had the yelp app on our phones so I launched both on each phone. His apps splash screen come up pretty quick but my app was ready for use about 1 sec before his was.

As for the Nexus one. Didn't they have huge problems staying connected to the t-mobile network. Also, as with all andriod phones, when you start to multitask the phone slows to a crawl because of memory leaks. I think there is a youtube video out there by an android ****** that shows this.
    I don't really have problems wit MY PHONE...ppl who don't like this ph should JUST GO GET ANOTHER ONE!!!
    Stop ruining my dreams, Tom!!!

We all know good and well that Flash 10.1 on our Pres will play all the pr0n available on the Internutz.

Seriously... Flash is the only bit of content that I can't even POSSIBLY view right now. As long as I can see it... that's all I'm interested in -- doing what the other mobile OSes can't do. Forget about mouse over capability!! Only Steve Jobs wants you to think that there's not a workaround. There's ALWAYS a workaround.
    There are days when I dont need to use my pc. Mainly my days off, I set VLC remote up and thats it for the day. My Pre does everything else. Thats just me though, I dont need to code anything... But thats all off topic here.

The topic is: Adobe, Palm and the Carriers blocking access to most(was it most?) flash sites until they find a way to monetize the plugin or the content. And delaying Flash 10.1 until they figure it out.. Thats it right OP?
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 02/23/2010 at 07:45 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    of course it's good but does this mean we are close to beta on webos or does it mean we are still far away what with adobe showing the need to get feedback from desktop systems. Do they want to get the desktop right before moving on to mobile platforms or are the two arms independent
    My favorite radio station 96.1 in Trinidad-Tobago streams as flash. Naturally an unknown station in a relative unknown country is not available on Pre Radiotime, only PC Radiotime.

Would it be accurate to say that Flash on the Pre (whenever it arrives) will allow me to stream this via Pre Radiotime?
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    My favorite radio station 96.1 in Trinidad-Tobago streams as flash. Naturally an unknown station in a relative unknown country is not available on Pre Radiotime, only PC Radiotime.

Would it be accurate to say that Flash on the Pre (whenever it arrives) will allow me to stream this via Pre Radiotime?
    Yes, it probably will.