Page 104 of 233 FirstFirst ... 4 54 9499100101102103104105106107108109 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,080 of 4649
    I don't think Sprint will filter all of the Internet and keep me off of my favorite flash sites
    I only want flash to watch vids embedded in websites like precentral and dailykos. I don't care about the gaming. For me, it's not a big deal if it doesn't come or is delayed. Video recording and upload I'm AM excited about and looking forward to.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.

This was taken on my Pre on 1.4 about a month ago.
    I've got proof I'm the rightfull heir of york, but if I post it, the duke of nottingham will have me placed on the rack.
    I see the trolls are at it again.

*grabs the troll shotgun*

time to go troll hunting!

Edit: Next your going to tell me my ISP is going to block certain sites unless i upgrade to a gold package *rolls eyes*

-Toaster
    this isn't nfs. This is a conspiracy between carriers and developers. Ripe for a lawsuit. I highly doubt we will see any issues with flash besides controls and sites that don't want mobile viewing. Your free to spout your lies, I'm free to call it for what it is. Pics or it didn't happen. You expected less on precentral?
    Quote Originally Posted by lcaro View Post
    I don't think Sprint will filter all of the Internet and keep me off of my favorite flash sites
    Agreed, they will shoot themselves in the foot if they did, especially with the rate of customers they are losing.
    for sure. And palm and its open platform will take a huge egg on the face. If palm allows this, its game over. They have to harvest every opportunity to distance itself from apple. Your talking super big brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    for sure. And palm and its open platform will take a huge egg on the face. If palm allows this, its game over. They have to harvest every opportunity to distance itself from apple. Your talking super big brother.
    Did you see that interview with Adrian, the flash guy? He totally dissed apple in his comment, saying that they are being counter-intuitive and that they are moving towards a closed platform.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    haha thats an awesome picture!

offtopic: I just saw ScummVM in preware with monkey island 3 support!

-Toaster
    Quote Originally Posted by AFLORES View Post
    I can't contain myself any longer; you must realize that WebOS carriers will NOT allow access to a multitude of sites which are flash based (ie. Games, Videos, Interactive, etc.), due to the drop in paid content downloads from the app catalog.
    Are you serious, or is this a joke? It makes no sense at all ... the carriers don't make any money on paid apps ... only Palm and the developers do.
    Palm demands, Carriers implement. There is a direct symbiosis between both carriers, Palm, and the heavy-hitter developers.

Short term gains aren't affected, however long-term losses are irrefutable.

They want a monopoly for entertainment, and they'll get it..

Youtube is next; it's already been watered down in recent months on mobile devices.
    this guy is talking outta a hole other than his mouth.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Palm demands, Carriers implement. There is a direct symbiosis between both carriers, Palm, and the heavy-hitter developers.

Short term gains aren't affected, however long-term losses are irrefutable.

They want a monopoly for entertainment, and they'll get it..

Youtube is next; it's already been watered down in recent months on mobile devices.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    Did you see that interview with Adrian, the flash guy? He totally dissed apple in his comment, saying that they are being counter-intuitive and that they are moving towards a closed platform.
    I may have. I'd be interested in reading it if I haven't! Apple will continue to get tighter. The success of total control in the iphone has paved the way. At least in my opinion. Post a link if you come by it....

edit* this one groovy?

this is a good comment there. The OP is suggesting the carriers are delaying flash to find a way to charge for its use?

@Bill : You’re absolutely correct about HTML5 and how it will pave the way for the next round of web advances and free us from plugins in general. However, I have to respectfully disagree on the fact that Flash is not a viable candidate here. Flash is different, it has its fair share of problems, but it is also integral to the online world we’re all accustomed to. I might like the occasional use of the youtube app, but the web interface is more useful with all content right there at hand. Apple could have twisted Adobe’s arm on this one and made sure Adobe develops a stable version for the iPad or Flash is a no-go on the iPad. I don’t see its use on the iPhone though.
    Flash is today’s product, and widely in use today for just about everything. While HTML5 will certainly make its way into the market flash currently holds, it will not happen overnight; thus, in the interim, a Flash solution could be had. I see no other reason other than protection of those billions of dollars of revenue – and Apple might just be right to do so, since they’re in the business to make money and Flash could easily give a lot of it away.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 02/23/2010 at 02:07 AM.
    I guess from seeing Flash at both CES and MWC I can say as it stands currently it will not block anything. Remember that Flash will be an app, and there is no way for any carrier or Palm to block websites, unless Palm releases an update doing so. The ones that would control it, is Adobe. Of all the demos we have seen, the reason we are getting flash is so we can watch flash videos on the net, play game sites. It has already been shown, and advertised that way. So i'm going to have to say TC is a troll.

If you honestly think any of those things will be able to block websites your very wrong. Reason we are not blocked from anything on our PC's or Mac's. No ISP, Adobe or anyone is blocking any content. The FCC would tear into all these guys.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    I don't understand why limiting content would delay anything at this point. Sprint/VZW can simply block certain sites on their data network if they don't want you accessing them.
    Yes, exactly; preliminarily a few sites will be included, the post-release will be more inclusive with a multitude of sites.
    Might would work on the Pixi, but not on the Pre, Pre Plus, or the Pixi Plus. They have WiFi. Sprint can't block traffic that goes over WiFi.

This is one of the most nonsensical threads I've seen. Sprint and Verizion aren't competing for apps, because they aren't selling them.

I suspect this thread was started by a disgruntled iPhone user that is is suffering from phone-envy.
    Certain sites would be manually added over time to the block list.

As you are probably all aware, if you attempt to access YouTube's "classic" page on your Pre, it mentions that your browser with no longer be supported in the close future. Also, many videos (mainly music) on YouTube are blocked from playing on your mobile device.

The YouTube application for WebOS isn't there to help you, it's in place to limit content accessed on your mobile device.

Similar content filters will be placed on Flash based sites.
    Youtube has nothing to do with any efforts by Sprint, Verizon, or any other carrier. It recognizes the browser, and redirects you. That's because that's what Youtube wanted done. What you're saying would require all of the Flash sites to but the same sort of filter. That's not in their interests.

You really need to do a little more research before you make such pronouncements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    But if it's blocked at the network level, there's no possible way around it.

Either way, if a "no go" list was to be implemented, that should have nothing to do with Adobe as far as delaying Flash.
    Again, carriers can't block traffic that goes over WiFi, unless they happen to be the same carrier. If that were the case, they would be block traffic for PCs as well. Not likely to happen.