Page 103 of 233 FirstFirst ... 353939899100101102103104105106107108113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 4649
    Quote Originally Posted by AFLORES View Post
    I can't contain myself any longer; you must realize that WebOS carriers will NOT allow access to a multitude of sites which are flash based (ie. Games, Videos, Interactive, etc.), due to the drop in paid content downloads from the app catalog.

Please don't get your hopes too high thinking you'll be able to watch flash streaming video/audio, and go to your favorite game site for free.

From a monetary perspective, it just isn't possible without a monthly fee which has been discussed.

Flash opens doors for not only the end user, but allows carriers to implement new fees associated with your plan.

And God told you this? Big news here, stop the press.....
    HULU WONT WORK ON MOBILE PHONES!!!!!
    And its not the carriers restricting it... Its the studios and HULU!!!

coming in here with clearly unsubstantiated claims and spreading rumors is not cool.
    Back it up or shut up.

Oh yeah, since palm owns the catalog, how is sprint losing money? This. Thread. Fails.
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 02/22/2010 at 10:47 PM.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Sprint is going to fliter all of the Internet and keep me off of my favorite flash sites once 10.1 installs on my Pre??? Backlash would be colossal. Not so I say.

So far Adobe demos have been heavy on the game sites like miniclip. Given that they are working close with OEMs like Palm, who in turn, work close with the carriers....all points to this not being the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by AFLORES View Post
    I can't contain myself any longer; you must realize that WebOS carriers will NOT allow access to a multitude of sites which are flash based (ie. Games, Videos, Interactive, etc.), due to the drop in paid content downloads from the app catalog.

Please don't get your hopes too high thinking you'll be able to watch flash streaming video/audio, and go to your favorite game site for free.

From a monetary perspective, it just isn't possible without a monthly fee which has been discussed.

Flash opens doors for not only the end user, but allows carriers to implement new fees associated with your plan.
    I don't see this even being a remote possibility.

Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
    It's too bad we don't have some kind of community, brewing apps and patches from home that will help us get all the flash content we need regardless of what cellphone companies will or will not do....
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post

coming in here with clearly unsubstantiated claims and spreading rumors is not cool.
    Back it up or shut up.

Oh yeah, since palm owns the catalog, how is sprint losing money? This. Thread. Fails.

Sprint would be losing money due to kickbacks from game developers (ie. GameLoft. who happens to be a big player).

Granted it's like comparing apples to oranges, it would create a definite conflict of interest.

As far as The God conveying this information, it is rather a god of different sorts.
    It won't be the carrier that's limiting, it will be flash itself. Many people will be disappointed. Not having the ability to watch Hulu or play most standard games that require an actual mouse. Read this article for a good understanding: An Adobe Flash developer on why the iPad can’t use Flash — RoughlyDrafted Magazine
    This is a bull**** thread. I'm just piling more **** on the top. . .
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    And just an FYI. Hulu does block ALL mobile devices.
    Right, Sprint or Verizon don't see any of the revenue for the paid apps so they wouldn't care about how many were downloaded.
    Why are you being such a donkey?

Back it up or shut up.

This is dumb because cell phone carriers are making ALOT of money from us in the first place. We ae actualy being over charged... Go to europe, especialy Germany and compare how much a unlimited plan cost there compared to the USA. Even TV and Internet is WAY WAY CHeaper than here and their networks are better.
    This whole thread is ridiculous. Flash for WebOS will just be so that we can interact with Flash content already available to regular computer users. Why in the world would they charge someone for the implementation of Flash (which is a free service on the viewing and interactivity side)?

This seems like a bunch of speculation and hearsay. Why don't we all just wait and find out together instead of causing mass panic for no reason. Hell if it does come to what you say (which I see as astronomically unlikely)...then I'm sure those who wanna give up their phones will.

I've been itching for a reason to go back to my Blackberry...but haven't found one yet.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Originally Posted by mrloserpunk

Back it up or shut up. Please

Better?

So the carriers are china?

A company like gameloft makes games that are way beyond the calibur of a flash game. I doubt they are too worried.

e_t
    Seriously,
    He is making a wild conspiracy claim here about a cabal of carriers colluding with adobe and gameloft to delay flash in order to monetize it for the carriers and protect gameloft. He could at least brought enough tinfoil hats for the rest of the forum.

truth is most games will probally suck as the interface is not quite right compared to playing on the pc. Some dev's will retool their flash games for mobile, some will not. Gameloft will continue making $$$ on 3d games and soon with the release of the PDK will have plenty of competition. SO if protecting gameloft and carrier $$$ was so important, why release the PDK to the public anyways? Tune in your wire hanger OP and ask the space travelers that!
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 02/22/2010 at 11:49 PM.

I dont see why they would limit flash on mobile and have it available free for the desktop. I remember when I bought my pre for sprint the first day it came out, I didn't receive and update until 20 days after the phone had already came out. I think they did exactly on time, because if they hadn't i was going to give it back due to the 30 day risk free time period. I assume they are doing this to the new verizon customers, and the ppl that have switched from sprint. I recently switched from sprint to verizon to get the pre plus, and I didnt anticipate and update until 20 days after verizon carried the pre plus. As for flash, I came from the HTC touch I'm just glad i have pinch to zoom and a browser that actually loads most of the websites. I could care less for flash, it would be nice, but i wouldn't mind not having it either. I Just want video recording and MY DAMN GPS fixed on my pre plus. My dad's 30 dollar phone has video recording.
    Seriously,
    He is making a wild conspiracy claim here about a cabal of carriers colluding with adobe and gameloft to delay flash in order to monetize it for the carriers and protect gameloft. He could at least brought enough tinfoil hats for the rest of the forum.

truth is most games will probally suck as the interface is not quite right compared to Some dev's will retool their flash games for mobile, some will not. Gameloft will continue making $$$ on 3d games[/URL] and soon with the release of the PDK will have plenty of competition. SO if protecting gameloft and carrier $$$ was so important, why release the PDK to the public anyways[/URL]? Tune in your wire hanger OP and ask the space travelers that!

Sorry Ed, you won't be able to play your Bach's Arco Pitcairn Flash game on your Pre, same goes with your Ken Foree simulator game.
    Last edited by AFLORES; 02/23/2010 at 01:53 PM.
    And you still have not brought one shred of evidence to your wild claims. Glad you know my name. Maybe you could send me a tinfoil hat, so I could speak to the klingons too about this... I'd also like to know what killed hoffa.

I wish I could scan/copy/notate, etc., but as you know in the previous "leaked" memo, it is not a good idea. I have been quite upset about this since I heard of it in October.
    I can wait to use the flash . . .