Page 102 of 233 FirstFirst ... 25292979899100101102103104105106107112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 4649
    I can't contain myself any longer; you must realize that WebOS carriers will NOT allow access to a multitude of sites which are flash based (ie. Games, Videos, Interactive, etc.), due to the drop in paid content downloads from the app catalog.

Please don't get your hopes too high thinking you'll be able to watch flash streaming video/audio, and go to your favorite game site for free.

From a monetary perspective, it just isn't possible without a monthly fee which has been discussed.

Flash opens doors for not only the end user, but allows carriers to implement new fees associated with your plan.
    nice first post (jk) but i disagree i feel that since an unlimited data plan is required to use the pre it is just false advertisement to say that the consumer is allowed an unlimited amount of data while adding restrictions as to how it can be used
    Quote Originally Posted by AFLORES View Post
    I can't contain myself any longer; you must realize that WebOS carriers will NOT allow access to a multitude of sites which are flash based (ie. Games, Videos, Interactive, etc.), due to the drop in paid content downloads from the app catalog.

Please don't get your hopes too high thinking you'll be able to watch flash streaming video/audio, and go to your favorite game site for free.

From a monetary perspective, it just isn't possible without a monthly fee which has been discussed.

Flash opens doors for not only the end user, but allows carriers to implement new fees associated with your plan.
    Sprint would never do that. Only Verizon

(j/k)
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    I wholeheartedly agree
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    The entire point of enabling flash on mobile devices is to enable the same web-content consumers are already using on full-sized computers.

Now, things like Hulu that have a lot of licensing bull-hockey, I could see restrictions being put in place, but I don't think that Sprint/Verizon/Bell/Whatever will be imposing restrictions on individual SWF files or sites in an effort to purportedly drive traffic to the app catalog.

If that was their plan they would have just told Adobe to go somewhere else, like Apple did
    By the way, the carriers don't care how many paid apps are being bought... Apple cares and Palm cares, but not the carriers.
    I agree Sprint isn't like that to do it. They have to be very customer friendly because they are loosing them. While Verizon is sitting fat with costumers and is happy to give restrictions, but not so bad as I just painted it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    I don't understand why limiting content would delay anything at this point. Sprint/VZW can simply block certain sites on their data network if they don't want you accessing them.
    Yes, exactly; preliminarily a few sites will be included, the post-release will be more inclusive with a multitude of sites.
    EDIT:
    Never mind.
    i dont think that trying to block sites is the answer because it will wind up alot like the pre/itunes sync bickering in that someone will find a way around it then theyll fix it and so on and so forth
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Yes, exactly; preliminarily a few sites will be included, the post-release will be more inclusive with a multitude of sites.
    I would expect the webOs flash to mostly work on any website with flash on it.

The video demo we've seen on the front-page shows sites like Miniclip and the likes. AFLORES I think you believe that flash content will be delivered to the phone as some sort of service, but I have always assumed it would be a run-time package that would enable flash in the webOs browser, as shown in the video demo.

I don't think they're going to be "filtering" any content. Just install it, fire up your browser, and go play some flash games or something!
    Certain sites would be manually added over time to the block list.

As you are probably all aware, if you attempt to access YouTube's "classic" page on your Pre, it mentions that your browser with no longer be supported in the close future. Also, many videos (mainly music) on YouTube are blocked from playing on your mobile device.

The YouTube application for WebOS isn't there to help you, it's in place to limit content accessed on your mobile device.

Similar content filters will be placed on Flash based sites.
    The carriers don't care what you do as long as it is a) legal and b) not super-resource-hogging.

They will probably not block any sites.
    I can't contain myself any longer
    Try cutting back on fast food.
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    i dont think that trying to block sites is the answer because it will wind up alot like the pre/itunes sync bickering in that someone will find a way around it then theyll fix it and so on and so forth
    But if it's blocked at the network level, there's no possible way around it.

Either way, if a "no go" list was to be implemented, that should have nothing to do with Adobe as far as delaying Flash.
    true i just dont see carriers implementing any kind of site blocking short of sites that might be inappropriate for users under 18
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    true i just dont see carriers implementing any kind of site blocking short of sites that might be inappropriate for users under 18
    Wait I thought that was the whole point of having a web phone with a big screen
    well im sure it would be like a parent implemented service
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Oh, haha, I see what you mean now xobx. I was just joking any ways