Page 101 of 233 FirstFirst ... 51 9196979899100101102103104105106 111 151 201 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,020 of 4649
    I wish we could have more file types supported. I hate converting formats.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    not tryn to be cross but how do you no of any issues if flash has never been on a mobile phone better yet tha pre period ?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Because Flash is on the Nokia N900... And we've seen Flash running on the Pre.. and if you understand how Flash works and how well it plays with desktop computers you can get a feel for what to expect when it hits the Pre..

Flash on *Nix platforms usually = CPU Hog... more so than there Windows counterparts. It's safe to bet that Adobe is doing anything any everything to make this work well not in on a mobile platform.. but one based on Linux no less. And the feedback from ratchetjaw further shows Adobe is optimizing it for "lighter" platforms as Maemo is based off Linux.

I don't think I'd get one just to surf the net.. But I certainly would love to play with one.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Thanks for all the replies. I am now not as concerned as before.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    you can't compare flash on a cp to flash ona cell phone better yet a nokia lol sorry FAIL........ TCUB
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    here's a vid of mouseover on the n900. this is flash 9. not gpu accelerated and unoptimized for mobile which is what flash 10.1 is supposed to be. also, the n900 has the same cpu as the pre.

http://nokiaexperts.com/n900-tips-tr...y-flash-games/
    rachetjaw et al

I am a n810 owner and have been running full flash (9) for over a year now. On that device, because of no GPU support, it can get laggy. also Hulu, which worked at one point, no longer does, as they require the more recent browser.

Do you have specific comments on HULU for the n900?

flash on that device is the best mirror of what the pre is capable of, given it carries the exact same gpu/cpu chip.

obviously the OS and browser have there differences, but my understanding is that flash will get a hard line to the GPU and thus we may see similar performance.

ON a side note, back a few years ago, when i was following the n810 more closely, at the maemo forums, the people were helpful, but nothing as encouraging and accepting and patient as the people here, especially when it comes to more advanced users, like the webos-internals group. night and day.

makes finding information so much easier, and more pleasant.

granted, that was more of a specialty geek device (i to an a want to be) but still.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    I'd love a virtual mouse in the browser. Mouse hover issues have been a problem with javascript menus too.
    Gitah~
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Head on over to Android Central, they have a Nexus One with a leaked HTC Desire ROM running Flash 10.1. This has to tell us something Flash coming to Pre REAL SOON!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Auberon Barnable View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I am now not as concerned as before.
    Glad someone else found this article and referenced it here. He does make a bunch of good points and I can see how we may run into problems like this, but also pleased to hear others not too worried about it.

In reference to Flash being a bad idea of iphone, itouch or otherwise....better for us and glad to see progress moving in our direction.

BTW, I have a touch screen on my Windows XP computer and I need to try out some Flash games as referenced in the Roughly Drafted article and see how things work when only using touchscreen. Also note, my touch screen is infrared and supports Mutltouch similar to the Pre (my only problem relates mostly to Windows XP that sucks with everything control interface wise being so small.

Either way, it would be a good test to see what pans out and thanks for the feedback. Sorli...
    Or that adobe is trying to roll out Flash to as many devices as possible as soon as possible.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amistak View Post
    Or that adobe is trying to roll out Flash to as many devices as possible as soon as possible.
    The HTC Desire is supposed to release in Europe and Asia in March or April, and Flash 10.1 is built in to it, the ROM got leaked, and people are installing it on their Nexus One's since they are basically identical phones. So I'd say we can count on Flash for sure sometime in March or April.
    it's running flash lite 4. Is has support for 10.1 but it's still implementing the lite version. No hardware acceleration(gpu) and won't work for all sites=flash lite.
    Last edited by Brownbear50; 02/21/2010 at 09:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDriver View Post
    Head on over to Android Central, they have a Nexus One with a leaked HTC Desire ROM running Flash 10.1. This has to tell us something Flash coming to Pre REAL SOON!!!
    that my friend is a logical fallacy
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Flash for webOS is probably ready for beta atleast. Problems with android and nexus,so adobe is holding back on webOS to not under cut google( just a guess really).
    " Flash movies and games have never been up and running on WebOS. I'm not sure what you think you saw on your first phone but I can promise you it was not a flash file. I'm wondering when OS 1.4 will be availble to users. The rumors were that the carriers got the update on monday. When do we get all these new features? "

Well, all I have to say is that the site I was going to would allow me to stream the movies with out any kind of errors, on the first phone. ( I had added many tweaks and patches, so maybe this had do with it, like the I phone spoof ? ) and again, on the current one, I get the flash error saying I need to install it in order to view the movie. So unless this site has just started using it since my new pre, apparently I could play the movies just fine. I havent added any tweaks or anything to the new pre.
    Is there anything else they could have used that would play ( visiting this site from a pc has always used flash ) but I went to the mobile version, maybe this has something to do with it......
    Quote Originally Posted by eazypic View Post
    ( visiting this site from a pc has always used flash ) but I went to the mobile version, maybe this has something to do with it......
    that has everything to do with it. you were not experiencing full flash. you were streaming
    I just can't wait for watching filth I me flash, yeah news on flash, that's why I'm excited about it lol j/k
    Thanks, Newone. I just know now I get the flash error, thats why I was asking. Cant even play youtube on this pre with out getting the errors that it cant play them ( youtube doesnt say anything about a flash error though )
    Could using the Iphone spoof been why everything had been working >?
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    What is bothering me is that Adobe seems to be attempting the impossible with Flash.

They seem to be trying to make an all encompassing development environment that includes Flash. The new development environment is supposed to produce a Flash product that will integrate with every Flash player on every platform.

I don't think that this can be done.

There are a LOT of problems with touch screen devices including webOS devices. Mouse Over is a biggy. At present it can't be done on a touch screen. Many Flash games will not work without Mouse Over capability. Many web sites rely on mouse over to display pics, and content. These will not work either.

Here is a discussion of those problems by a Flash developer:

An Adobe Flash developer on why the iPad can’t use Flash — RoughlyDrafted Magazine

I favor Dilger's "B" solution.

From the previews I've seen, we won't be very happy with the Flash implementation on the Pre or any other touch screen device.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē