Page 100 of 233 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 4649
  1. #1981  
    Yeah, right, and I've got a Sprint iPhone being delivered by the Easter Bunny!!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by CoobeyMeyer View Post
    What are you talking about? I've succesfully flashed my Pre Plus to work on Sprint and I got leaked the 1.4 update as well. Works great 0.o
    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  2. #1982  
    One thing... 1.3.5 already supports a flash plugin. Palm had it setup from January for Flash to release Flash, however, they choose when to release it. You can test out that 1.3.5 supports flash by simply going to a flash embedded webpage and double tap it. It will zoom on it and put it into a black background just like Dieter's demo video.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  3. #1983  
    I know many here already know this...but Adobe has said that it would be available (flash) within the first quarter....that's really not that far away...we just need to be patient...no doubt we all have different levels of patience...I am pleased however that Palm is always improving the Pre with it's numerous updates no matter how big the update is...and 1.4 is around the corner with only about a week left in February...
  4. #1984  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Why would you go through all the trouble? If you have a Sprint Pre, I believe you should be able to take its ESN, and use QPST to write that to the Verizon Pre Plus. As long as the ESN is clean in Sprint's system, that should be good. You'd also need both phones' MSLs.

    I think it'd probably require a few more steps in there that I'm overlooking (maybe modifying data settings, or flashing the Sprint PRL), but you shouldn't need to switch the phone radio boards.
    A little more complicated than that, because we're dealing with MEIDs now, among other things. And changing the ESN/MEID on the Pre is very difficult compared to most other devices. But yeah, in theory, that is doable.

    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    It is on the Sprint phone and not on the Verizon. There will be software code looking for it to function. It might work, it might not. Who knows?
    Yeah, maybe, maybe not; hard to say. Plus, you don't actually ever need to use the middle button, though, so maybe it wouldn't really be a big problem? I'd like to see somebody give it a shot and tell us
  5. #1985  
    Quote Originally Posted by theweaselslayer View Post
    A little more complicated than that, because we're dealing with MEIDs now, among other things. And changing the ESN/MEID on the Pre is very difficult compared to most other devices. But yeah, in theory, that is doable.
    Yeah, I figured it was at least a little more complicated than that.
  6. #1986  
    I saw this interesting article written by a Flash developer on why Flash will be difficult to implement on touch screen devices. It brought up quite a few points regarding interaction with GUI elements in Flash that I hadn't thought of before. Does anyone know what solutions may be implemented on the WebOS version of Flash?

    An Adobe Flash developer on why the iPad can’t use Flash — RoughlyDrafted Magazine
  7. Susank2's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #1987  
    Just wondering...
  8. #1988  
    I think the youtube app streams them as mp4, not Flash. Not sure though..
  9. #1989  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I think the youtube app streams them as mp4, not Flash. Not sure though..
    Well you would think it would have to, Pre only runs movies in mp4 format.

    Which makes me wonder what type of format the recorded videos will be in.
    Since we're going to be able to upload to youtube from the phone, flv? or mp4?
  10. #1990  
    Don't know, but sure wish there was a way to view WMV, MPG, and AVI on the Pre. Get them as email attachments regularly...
  11. #1991  
    No kidding.
  12. #1992  
    Well that's good news at least. What solution did they come up with for the mouse cursor vs. touch input differences outlined in the article?
  13. #1993  
    Honestly, the RoughlyDrafted site is so far up Apple's **** in general that it's not even worth reading, in my opinion.
  14. #1994  
    I'd like to point out that on our Pre's browser, we do have a sort of "mouseover" capability: if you "tap, hold, small swipe" it's like mousing over. I do it all the time on drop-down nav menus on sites that them.
  15. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #1995  
    hmmm Sounds like it's hit or miss.. some sites may work well while others won't. ratchetjaw, Have you visited a thorough number and variety of sites to confirm it "works just fine"?

    By that I mean, have you played multiple types of games, visited sites like Hulu or similar, etc?

    I'm gonna take a web developers word that Flash and mobile don't mix over someone who says it works fine, at least without giving concise examples.

    Flash really isn't that important to me. Call me crazy but there have been very instances where I needed it to get something done. Anytime I did "need" to use Flash on my mobile, it definitely could have waited until I got to a computer..
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  16. Stihl's Avatar
    Posts
    741 Posts
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    #1996  
    Is one of your arms bigger than the other, Tcub. I wonder every time I see your avatar.
  17. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #1997  
    The one that I just changed? No. They're both the same size. The tattoos, the fact it's a compressed image taken from my iSight may have something to do with it.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  18. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #1998  
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    You can take it however you want really i dont care lol. Fact is on the n900 it works fine on all the sites i have been too. From facebook to youtube. ( I dont play flashgames they dont interest me). The flash lite on the Hero doesnt load all sites nowhere near as functional as the one on the n900
    If you really didn't care, you wouldn't have said "I don't care". I'm not calling you liar or saying you're wrong.

    I'm glad to hear that it does actually work okay. Maybe it'll work out on the Pre too. Though, I really don't have too much use for it anyway. I suppose the Flash games will be neat.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  19. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #1999  
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchetjaw View Post
    yeah i hopefully it will work on the Pre like it does on the n900. It truly is a full browser experience. The lite version is not
    So your Nokia is running a "full" version of Flash? I think I'll look for some videos on YouTube in a bit. I'm interested to see how this works. Maybe there are some things that web developer didn't take into consideration when he was claiming Flash wasn't possible.

    Hows the speed and responsiveness of the device when using Flash? Is there a noticeable decrease? How about battery life too? Any noticeable hit?
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  20. Tcub's Avatar
    Posts
    406 Posts
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    #2000  
    I see. Interesting. I'll look into it in a little bit. Thanks!
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions