Page 10 of 233 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 20 60 110 ... LastLast
    WILL* support Flash
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    as of now FLASH does not exist on any mobile device.

Palm has announced they will be the first to do it and are currently working on a mobile flash player
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamfair View Post
    Are you sure?????? My wife's Treo Pro seems to play videos from Hulu pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by matt351 View Post
    Are you sure?????? My wife's Treo Pro seems to play videos from Hulu pretty well.
    Yea, Treo Pro does. Also, all WM and Symbian devices can use Skyfire browser, which supports it. It will be coming soon to BB as well.

Palm has announced they will be the first to do it and are currently working on a mobile flash player
    A bunch of S60 devices do it.

Make sure you get your info right because Adobe has the Flash Lite mobile player that has been out for sometime now... I don't think you can download it off the web for the Pre though...
    Quote Originally Posted by natasjlp View Post
    anyone else have this issue? I browse to many sites that have flash movies that would play on my desktop but the pre says "you need to upgrade your flash player" - so then I go to the link and it asks me to select the OS which is not an option.

What do I do? I would like to watch these movies and read that the pre supports flash 10 - so what is the deal??
    I'm in the same boat with you dude... I've asked this same question a bunch of times and get the same answer... No. It looks like we have to wait for an update or a 3rd party (I.E. ADOBE!!!) to come out with something for the Pre that'll help it support flash...
    gotcha - I was starting to think it was just me. Tried to download and tried to watch videos - no go. Is there any official word from Pre or Sprint when this will be a reality.

Also, if it is on the Pro - why not the Pre for pete's sake??
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by natasjlp View Post
    gotcha - I was starting to think it was just me. Tried to download and tried to watch videos - no go. Is there any official word from Pre or Sprint when this will be a reality.

Also, if it is on the Pro - why not the Pre for pete's sake??
    End of the year. Pro is WM and Pre is WebOS. Two different operating systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    No phone supports flash out of the box though, Palm would be the first to officially include it (depending on how long it takes).
    Best Buy Mobile Rep (I'm off the clock, I speak for myself and not Best Buy)
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matt351 View Post
    Skyfire works like a lot like remote desktop. Your device isn't actually rendering the flash, their server farm is.
    R.I.P. Windows Mobile (2002 - 2009)

HP Jornada 568 -> HP Ipaq 2215 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Tmobile SDA -> Qtek 8500 (HTC STRTrk) -> Motorola Q -> Sprint Mogul -> Sprint Touch -> Sprint Touch Diamond -> Sprint Touch Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    S60 devices have Flash lite. On the nokia 5800 express it really only increased my youtube performance. Flash webpages still didnt load right or at all.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 06MS6 View Post
    No phone supports flash out of the box though, Palm would be the first to officially include it (depending on how long it takes).
    I know the Treo Pro does. I just happened to be surfing on my wife's phone before I returned it for the Pre, and I went to some page and the embedded flash video worked just fine in pocket IE.
    Bok
    No mobile device supports the full Flash. Flash Lite is available for many platforms. Adobe is in the process of developing Flash for the Pre, which will be the first platform to support the full implementation. It will probably NOT be released until the end of the year.
    Sorry guys if this has already been covered, I'm extremely new to this. I just wanted to know if there were any plans on releasing an update, or an app that allowed you to actually play videos or access a website in which you needed a flash player for? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Search and ye shall be saved! and let my people go! <----------say this in your best Charlton Heston voice
    They said some time this year.
    Here's some more info.

pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2340942,00.asp
    Trust me... the SECOND they have flash up and running. THE WHOLE WORLD will know...

then Hulu and all sorts of sites would be up and running!!
    Thanks for the info.
    Another question about this. I just tried to access a site and it said that I needed Flash, but also to turn on Java Script. Do we have to wait for an app. For the Java Script as well or is this somethinf we already have?