Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Rumor has it that the 1.4 upgrade will have calendar improvements. Anyone know what those improvements will be?

ET
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    An Agenda view would be nice.
  3.    #3  
    There are numerous calendar improvements I'm looking forward too, so, any of them will be welcome news, I'm just curious if anyone heard what they would be. Heck, I was very happy with my calendar on the 755p so even if it equals that I'll be good.

ET
    Agreed, I too would like to know, it's to bad none of the dev's have leaked any info. I understand they are not suppose to, but they could send me some screen shots and I would post them. Thus allowing the dev with 1.4 to remain anonymous.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    we wont' know until it's released. Palm has been tight lipped about WebOS updates, except for the 1-2 big features in each. Just have to wait.
    suprised they aint post some useless links for you
    may i ask what features people feel are missing in the calender app? other than an agenda view (app took care of that) i can't say there is much more i feel is missing. i guess are some features power users use that are missing?
    I really miss the ability to add birthdays to the calendar, as well as being able to denote calendar entries as different categories that you can specify. Both of those features were available with my 755p and I loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    may i ask what features people feel are missing in the calender app? other than an agenda view (app took care of that) i can't say there is much more i feel is missing. i guess are some features power users use that are missing?
    Search is the biggest feature I feel is missing.
    -- Add invitees would be another.
    --- And as stated agenda would be another... day/week/etc.
    ---- Edit: Speed wouldn't hurt either.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    dodgerblue: Why can't you add bdays to the calender. I do it with gcal and its synced to my phone. I am not sure I understand different categories. If you mean you have different calenders that show up separately then webos is perfect for this. I have different calenders in gcal that are synced to palm calender and show up with different colors in the app. I can then choose to see all my calenders or just one of my calenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Search is the biggest feature I feel is missing.
    -- Add invitees would be another.
    --- And as stated agenda would be another... day/week/etc.
    ---- Edit: Speed wouldn't hurt either.
    search would be nice but i dont have that many appts to warrant it as priority. adding invitees would also be nice but something so advanced i dont expect it on a phone. something like that i prefer to use my laptop or desktop. i can always use more speed but this app is useable as is. I guess maybe my needs are just not there but i would love to hear more from other users.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    suprised they aint post some useless links for you
    How about this www.imawhineybaby.com/nobodywillwipemynoseforme

You really ought to grow up a little and quit expecting that everyone owes you something. And when someone tries to help you, show some appreciation rather than complain that it's not good enough.

Have a great day.
    i would like to be able to assign a catagory / color to specific events in my calander -- like you could on the 755p
    Last edited by mespiff; 02/11/2010 at 01:54 AM. Reason: misspleted
    I would love the ability to copy events - so if I have a meeting with the same group I don't have to enter all the info again. PalmOS on my TX could copy an entire entry then I could just change the date or other details as needed. Also an option to show the actual start time of an event on the main calendar would be helpful. When the start time is not exactly on the hour it can sometimes be hard to tell without opening the event detail view - although the agenda app does help with that.

Truth is it took third parties to really perfect the palmOS calendar so we may have to look outside Palm for any real improvements.
    Last edited by rixpre2010; 02/11/2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    It needs to be a heck of a lot faster. Orders of magnitude faster. The Calendar app on the Pre is one of the slowest I have used in years, and it's very frustrating. There needs to be an easier way to add something to the calendar. Going to the specific day, then going to the menu, then tapping add appointment is way too cumbersome. I need to be able to open the app, then press one button to get myself into a new appointment.

Palm has always been known as a great PIM solution, but, I've got to say, I think of all the major smartphone players, Apple, RIM, WinMo, Android, and WebOS, WebOS has by far the worst calendar app of the bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    It needs to be a heck of a lot faster. Orders of magnitude faster. The Calendar app on the Pre is one of the slowest I have used in years, and it's very frustrating. There needs to be an easier way to add something to the calendar. Going to the specific day, then going to the menu, then tapping add appointment is way too cumbersome. I need to be able to open the app, then press one button to get myself into a new appointment.

Palm has always been known as a great PIM solution, but, I've got to say, I think of all the major smartphone players, Apple, RIM, WinMo, Android, and WebOS, WebOS has by far the worst calendar app of the bunch.
    Hear Hear! I pulled out my 700P the other day just to see if my memory was playing tricks on me. The calendar went from view to view and day to day instantly; none of this waiting 2-10 seconds for each change. The last update helped a lot, but it's still really slow. Speed, categories and agenda view would be my top wishes.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I would like to see:

1. Preview in Month View
    2. Larger text Size
    3. Ability to create event from an email.
    4. Icons for certain events.
    Please add features that Palm has had for years:
    1. Recurring meetings that end (every monday for the next 5 weeks, etc.).
    2. Ability to easy sync/add without using Google.
    3. Better desktop syncing, especially with Mac, without using Google. Missing Sync is $40 down the drain...
    4. Fix Facebook timezone issue
    5. Fix all day vs. no time event issues
    6. Show all calendars (they sometimes mysteriously disappear, even if the "on" switched is checked for that calendar.
    7. FASTER, FASTER, FASTER. My Visor was 100 times faster.

Forget flash, or video editing, Palm needs to get their PIM functionality working again.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    FLOATING EVENTS!! Need to combine a todo list w/ the calender as well as being able to set a task to start on a certain day.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    I really miss the ability to add birthdays to the calendar, as well as being able to denote calendar entries as different categories that you can specify. Both of those features were available with my 755p and I loved it.
    It's not for everyone, but have you thought about setting up a Gmail account and syncing with Google Calender? I missed those features on my Pre for the longest time too then finally looked into Google Calender (I was already using Gmail) and it gave me all of that back... I kick myself for not having done it on Pre day one!
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast