1.    #1  
    For as long as there have been palm pilots and treos there has been a universal search. nowhere is this needed more than in calendar...especially after years of calendar entries.

Why was this omitted and how hard is it to implement? not even a homebrew?

What's different between palmos and webos in this regard?
    Huh?

Universal search is one of the primary selling points of the Palm Pre and WebOS. Universal search is integrated.

Surely you must be joking.
  3.    #3  
    no calendar search I can find...
    Google Calendar Search. It's a free app in the App Catalogue.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  5.    #5  
    google searches native webos caendar? I sync with exchange server.
    Quote Originally Posted by floridarandy View Post
    For as long as there have been palm pilots and treos there has been a universal search. nowhere is this needed more than in calendar...especially after years of calendar entries.

Why was this omitted and how hard is it to implement? not even a homebrew?

What's different between palmos and webos in this regard?
    Palm created a completely new OS in webOS. It wasn't meant to parallel or mimic PalmOS whatsoever. Otherwise they should have just incremented Garnet to 6.xx.

That said, Calendar search is something that should have been included. I would suspect that there just wasn't a priority in their minimal staff to have this included or added at this point...there are other features to incorporate that fit better with their execution strategy for now. Perhaps it will be added in a future update. WebOS 1.4 is supposed to include Calendar enhancements...so maybe later this month?
  7.    #7  
    I understand webos' directon and if there were no native apps we'd only need google search. But this companyhas millions of users who will more easily support new purchases if basic everyday functions are present along with the new stuff
    It is just one more little thing that has been overlooked. In the past 8 months, Palm has actually listened to the consumers, and has been fixing many of the issues we have wanted them to fix. Give it time - it will be implemented soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    Huh?

Universal search is one of the primary selling points of the Palm Pre and WebOS. Universal search is integrated.

Surely you must be joking.
    This is the one feature I miss the most, the ability to search ANYWHERE on the phone. If you've used palm for years I'm sure you understand.

With hundreds of contacts I see regularly, it helps to recall names or info about that person simply by searching for keywords in the notes area. Just one example...