webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Discussion Lounge > WebOS 1.4 due 2/15!!
WebOS 1.4 due 2/15!!
  Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02/09/2010, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 33
I work as a technician in a sprint store and this came up in an email showing some software upgrades that are coming in the next few days for various phones. It clearly shows that 1.4 will be available (to sprint customers anyway) on the 15th! The info matches up with this article:
http://www.precentral.net/what-expect-webos-14
so It def looks legit!

Good to have a definite date on the release for this and good know it won't be too long from now!


Here is a screenshot of the email:
benjio is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 01:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 177
well done.
cooper1010 is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 2,516
Nice!
Let's hope the update comes to every Pre, not only the Sprint ones :S
NuttyBunny is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 994
Let's hope this is... legit.
I almost forgot about 1.4... well, according to that: 6 more days.


Btw, what about flash? Nothing like that is listed. I'm hoping they don't specify a lot of the updates in that list.
Kedar is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 01:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
TIWizard's Avatar
 
Posts: 743
We'll see if Palm can get it ready by then...
__________________
Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
TIWizard is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 01:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
SISGUITO's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
Let's hope this is... legit.
I almost forgot about 1.4... well, according to that: 6 more days.


Btw, what about flash? Nothing like that is listed. I'm hoping they don't specify a lot of the updates in that list.
flash is going to be an app and its not coming as an update , the most possible is the flash is going to appear in the app catalog after the webos update!
__________________
TWO OF MY THEMES:
http://www.prethemer.com/MY_LATINO_C...theme2072.html
http://www.prethemer.com/PULSE_EFFECT-theme2067.html
SISGUITO is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 01:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
We'll see if Palm can get it ready by then...
Presumably 1.4 is ready and Sprint (and maybe other carriers) have had it for awhile.
angiest is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 01:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 122
i think flash will be coming the same day shortly after the update just my guess i saw this on adobe website yesterday


Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 – Develop for Flash on Mobile Devices
Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:00 AM PT

Join this demonstration of Adobe Flash player 10.1. See how Adobe takes its cross-platform promise even farther allowing content created using the Adobe Flash Platform to reach users wherever they are. Get the inside scoop on the new mobile features in Flash Player 10.1, as well as the new global error handling, UI, globalization, and media playback features.
ryan9102 is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
rlopin's Avatar
 
Posts: 441
Not to be too much of a skeptic, but all of the information in the screenshot shown (which looks like an Excel worksheet) is public. It matches the feature list we've seen word-for-word. It would be more believable if it contained some NEW piece of info (the date doesn't count of course -- since that would be the made up part).

I hope dearly my skepticism is unwarranted.
rlopin is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 02:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 202
Yesss, finally
__________________
home of the BoxWave ClearTouch screen protector, FlexiSkin soft skin case, miniSync PDA cable and the ElectraSpan Extended Battery.
boxwave is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 02:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
NM08SRT8's Avatar
 
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kedar View Post
Let's hope this is... legit.
I almost forgot about 1.4... well, according to that: 6 more days.


Btw, what about flash? Nothing like that is listed. I'm hoping they don't specify a lot of the updates in that list.
They wouldn't list anything about Flash. That's flash's responsibility, not Palm's. This update just helps support Flash, but again, the update won't come with it. We will still have to download it from our App Catalogs.
NM08SRT8 is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 02:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
NM08SRT8's Avatar
 
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan9102 View Post
i think flash will be coming the same day shortly after the update just my guess i saw this on adobe website yesterday


Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 – Develop for Flash on Mobile Devices
Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:00 AM PT

Join this demonstration of Adobe Flash player 10.1. See how Adobe takes its cross-platform promise even farther allowing content created using the Adobe Flash Platform to reach users wherever they are. Get the inside scoop on the new mobile features in Flash Player 10.1, as well as the new global error handling, UI, globalization, and media playback features.
You think "device(s)" is including Pixi too?
NM08SRT8 is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 02:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Jonathan I Ezor#IM's Avatar
 
Posts: 563
FYI, this made the front page. Thanks for the tip, Benjio. {Jonathan}
__________________
Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
Writer, PreCentral
Past Palm Real Reviewer
@webOSquire on Twitter
Jonathan I Ezor#IM is offline  
Thanked By: benjio
Old 02/09/2010, 02:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Spader's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,422
I'm curious as to what the "enhancements" to calendar and messaging will be.
__________________
Follow me on teh Twitterz
Spader is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 02:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
You think "device(s)" is including Pixi too?
probably not i think it will include nexus one droid other phones adobe has demoed flash on already

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashpla...os_fp10.1.html

Last edited by ryan9102; 02/09/2010 at 02:42 PM. Reason: added link to flash public prerelease demos
ryan9102 is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 02:35 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
toyotast165's Avatar
 
Posts: 910
sweeeeeeeeet!
__________________
Palm prē-ist.
toyotast165 is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 02:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
h-cubed's Avatar
 
Posts: 463
Sweet! now I can stop checking precentral 5 times a day!! ...lol
h-cubed is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 02:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
jokerzwyld77's Avatar
 
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spader View Post
I'm curious as to what the "enhancements" to calendar and messaging will be.
That's what I was wondering myself!! Very cool though, I hope it's true.
jokerzwyld77 is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 02:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
Not to be too much of a skeptic, but all of the information in the screenshot shown (which looks like an Excel worksheet) is public. It matches the feature list we've seen word-for-word. It would be more believable if it contained some NEW piece of info (the date doesn't count of course -- since that would be the made up part).

I hope dearly my skepticism is unwarranted.
As a former sprint tech as well I can verify that is the standard format/layout/look of the info they would send out to us as well.
Onyoursix is offline  
Old 02/09/2010, 02:52 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
dkotoric's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,288
very cool
dkotoric is offline  
Thanked By: cjbritton
Closed Thread

 

Tags
1.4, 1.4 update, bunny farts, expecting 1.4, orange juice, p90x, update

Thread Tools
Display Modes



 


Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0