Page 1 of 23 123456 11 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I work as a technician in a sprint store and this came up in an email showing some software upgrades that are coming in the next few days for various phones. It clearly shows that 1.4 will be available (to sprint customers anyway) on the 15th! The info matches up with this article:
    http://www.precentral.net/what-expect-webos-14
    so It def looks legit!

Good to have a definite date on the release for this and good know it won't be too long from now!

Here is a screenshot of the email:
    well done.
    Nice!
    Let's hope the update comes to every Pre, not only the Sprint ones :S
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Let's hope this is... legit.
    I almost forgot about 1.4... well, according to that: 6 more days.

Btw, what about flash? Nothing like that is listed. I'm hoping they don't specify a lot of the updates in that list.
    We'll see if Palm can get it ready by then...
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post

Btw, what about flash? Nothing like that is listed. I'm hoping they don't specify a lot of the updates in that list.
    flash is going to be an app and its not coming as an update , the most possible is the flash is going to appear in the app catalog after the webos update!
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    We'll see if Palm can get it ready by then...
    Presumably 1.4 is ready and Sprint (and maybe other carriers) have had it for awhile.
    i think flash will be coming the same day shortly after the update just my guess i saw this on adobe website yesterday

Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 – Develop for Flash on Mobile Devices
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:00 AM PT

Join this demonstration of Adobe Flash player 10.1. See how Adobe takes its cross-platform promise even farther allowing content created using the Adobe Flash Platform to reach users wherever they are. Get the inside scoop on the new mobile features in Flash Player 10.1, as well as the new global error handling, UI, globalization, and media playback features.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Not to be too much of a skeptic, but all of the information in the screenshot shown (which looks like an Excel worksheet) is public. It matches the feature list we've seen word-for-word. It would be more believable if it contained some NEW piece of info (the date doesn't count of course -- since that would be the made up part).

I hope dearly my skepticism is unwarranted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedar View Post

They wouldn't list anything about Flash. That's flash's responsibility, not Palm's. This update just helps support Flash, but again, the update won't come with it. We will still have to download it from our App Catalogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan9102 View Post
    i think flash will be coming the same day shortly after the update just my guess i saw this on adobe website yesterday

Adobe® Flash® Player 10.1 – Develop for Flash on Mobile Devices
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 11:00 AM PT

Join this demonstration of Adobe Flash player 10.1. See how Adobe takes its cross-platform promise even farther allowing content created using the Adobe Flash Platform to reach users wherever they are. Get the inside scoop on the new mobile features in Flash Player 10.1, as well as the new global error handling, UI, globalization, and media playback features.
    You think "device(s)" is including Pixi too?
    FYI, this made the front page. Thanks for the tip, Benjio. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    I'm curious as to what the "enhancements" to calendar and messaging will be.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    You think "device(s)" is including Pixi too?
    probably not i think it will include nexus one droid other phones adobe has demoed flash on already

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashpla...os_fp10.1.html
    Last edited by ryan9102; 02/09/2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: added link to flash public prerelease demos
    sweeeeeeeeet!
    Palm prē-ist.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Sweet! now I can stop checking precentral 5 times a day!! ...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    I'm curious as to what the "enhancements" to calendar and messaging will be.
    That's what I was wondering myself!! Very cool though, I hope it's true.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Not to be too much of a skeptic, but all of the information in the screenshot shown (which looks like an Excel worksheet) is public. It matches the feature list we've seen word-for-word. It would be more believable if it contained some NEW piece of info (the date doesn't count of course -- since that would be the made up part).

I hope dearly my skepticism is unwarranted.
    As a former sprint tech as well I can verify that is the standard format/layout/look of the info they would send out to us as well.
    very cool
Page 1 of 23 123456 11 ... LastLast