Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    I'm curious how flash is going to be implemented in the browser when it's a separate app. Perhaps tap on the flash object in the browser and have it open in a new card?
    Quote Originally Posted by dvsbyknight View Post
    I'm curious how flash is going to be implemented in the browser when it's a separate app. Perhaps tap on the flash object in the browser and have it open in a new card?
    A plugin, like in the desktop operating systems. Look for the CES Palm conference, they demoed Flash there
    Quote Originally Posted by JMRJosh View Post
    I wonder if messaging enhancements means FB Chat. That would be huge and would make WebOS The first phone with a native FB Chat app.
    That, Msn, and spell check, + all the other 1.4 stuff, is all i need...

(well except speed, and battery life, but new hardware will take care of that..)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbay View Post
    Hmm... If Flash will come through the app catalogue I really hope they fix the problem of unsupported countries ot being able to access it, because not getting Flash due to stupidity on Palm's part would be annoying...
    In some weird way I think that will happen. And I think that would be close to suicide. I know around Europe who'd get android, tired of the confined web, Palm defines for WebOS. It wouldn't be a first, and since there are plenty nice free apps not availeble I'm convinced you're right ! Sadly...:-(
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenskov View Post
    In some weird way I think that will happen. And I think that would be close to suicide. I know around Europe who'd get android, tired of the confined web, Palm defines for WebOS. It wouldn't be a first, and since there are plenty nice free apps not availeble I'm convinced you're right ! Sadly...:-(
    Adobe Flash has nothing to do with Palm, it's going to be available in the app catalog via Adobe.
    The only thing that Palm is doing is releasing 1.4 that's going to allow Flash to be used on the device.
    So more than likely if you can update to 1.4, you are going to get flash.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I need Palm to increase the volume on the headset. I can't hear my talk shows the volume is way too low, at the highest settings.
    maybe there's a bug with yours? I have very good ears and indeed I would love to be able to set the volume one or two steps LOWER than possible at the moment.

Sounds crazy when reading your statement, but this is mine!
    To my EU Pre using friends: Palm has said that the paid version of the App Catalogue will be available for you in March. I know it sucks that you don't have it now, but it's coming.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    To my EU Pre using friends: Palm has said that the paid version of the App Catalogue will be available for you in March. I know it sucks that you don't have it now, but it's coming.
    I know you're right. As far as "oficial" countries in Europe goes. The rest - all but Germany, Spain & France - will be left out as we are now. All indications goes to that effect.
    As for being a device with a ingenious OS designed to interact with numerous webservices on the *World* Wide Web, it is quite restricted, you're depending on freeware only, and only from the Homebrew community (gotta love it!!) and nothing. So no paid apps if you are outside the zone......
    Quote Originally Posted by karstenskov View Post
    I know you're right. As far as "oficial" countries in Europe goes. The rest - all but Germany, Spain & France - will be left out as we are now. All indications goes to that effect.
    As for being a device with a ingenious OS designed to interact with numerous webservices on the *World* Wide Web, it is quite restricted, you're depending on freeware only, and only from the Homebrew community (gotta love it!!) and nothing. So no paid apps if you are outside the zone......
    Oh that sucks! I thought it would be EU wide. Silly me. I hope something is fixed/done/released that gives everyone access.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Just wanted to point out that there haven't been any app's updated lately... seems like an update may be coming...
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    yeah rite lol
    I can't sleep I keep checking if the update is there yet. Just hopeing. Livin on a prayer.
    You really need to get out more.
    wow
    give me a break lol
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    lol this is the type of stuff you lose sleep over? ...
    Wasn't someone here complaining just a few days ago how there aren't many 1.4 anticipation threads? Well....we got enough of them now!

watch this!
    Don't worry I can't sleep either. Then again I am at w*rk so have an excuse....They won't let me.
    Sometime you are the ball; sometimes you are the pins.
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    Where did you take your Pre out for Valentine's Day?
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi