Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My friend and I are the only ones in our group with pres. Well, yesterday I played a horrible prank on him. He already had preware installed but didn't know some of the patches or know it as extensively as I do.

1)Install hide quicklaunch bar patch
    2)Make his wallpaper a screenshot including the quicklaunch bar
    3)Watch hilarity ensue

I let him fiddle with it before I told him. He was very confused. I used to do the same thing on XP computers (Hide icons and replace the wallpaper with a screenshot that included icons) so it was a natural jump in logic :P
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    GJDM!
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    One that still works great on Windows PCs is to make a screenshot of the desktop and set it as a background, then hide the real desktop icons
    Should also work with the Pre and the launcher open additionally to your above hide quicklaunch bar patch
  4. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    One that still works great on Windows PCs is to make a screenshot of the desktop and set it as a background, then hide the real desktop icons
    Should also work with the Pre and the launcher open additionally to your above hide quicklaunch bar patch
    Um... that's what he said....
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    I was thinkin the same exact thing hahahahahahahaaha
    i1000+ -> i90 -> i530 -> i730 -> i530 -> i730 -> i560 -> i930 -> i215 -> i860 -> i930 -> i860 -> i870 -> i880 -> i870 -> i850 -> i870 -> i830 -> i9 -> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by franky_402 View Post
    I was thinkin the same exact thing hahahahahahahaaha
    Reminds me of the time I rickrolled my housemates iPhone, he did the slide to unlock to be confronted on his springboard (launcher pages on an iphone) with an unending loop of a video of 'Never Gonna Give You Up'. He just stared at it for 5 minutes in shock, classic.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Now who wants to do this and take it to the Sprint store to see if the techs figure it out?
    Quote Originally Posted by jesmann View Post
    Now who wants to do this and take it to the Sprint store to see if the techs figure it out?

That would be hilarious. But I don't need them breaking my perfect phone trying to "fix" it.
    OT...best prank on the PC...don't even need a screen shot, just unplug the keyboard and mouse. It's the last thing that people check.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have to say that is hilarious...would definitely like to see how a tech would react, but I agree that it would be tough to see them tear apart the phone and say they couldn't fix it just to pull this one off. Gotta give you credit though, great prank!
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    That is great!
    The best prank on the pc is to make the screen go from horizontal orientation to vertical orientation. Look under your settings and click rotation.
  15.    #15  
    I used to **** around with a friends mac by changing file permissions randomly. All of a sudden everything in the documents folder he can't access. control-option-command-8 is fun to do as well.

I once changed the name of my friends xorg.conf on his ubuntu machine. That was mean.... luckily I could fix it with one line.
    My pre is like caffeine. If I don't have it in the morning I think something is wrong with me, and I need it all throughout the day to make it
    Absolute best computer prank.... set browser start page to Goatse, Tubgirl, etc.... extra points if it's a kiosk computer somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrHeathenScum View Post
    Absolute best computer prank.... set browser start page to Goatse, Tubgirl, etc.... extra points if it's a kiosk computer somewhere.
    oh god haha
    Bahaha thats great!! Ill try that on my moms pixi sometime xD
    ^moldymen.com if you wanna go for the shock factor, goatse and tubgirl are too well known now.
  20. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Systernals.com had some great toys for these kind of pranks. A good one made the mouse move backwards. My fav is the BSOD screensaver. Drove my IT dept nuts trying to figure that out!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast